A couple of things..

zooropa1310

I'm not sure where to begin, so I'll just go. My apologies if it is unorganized and all over the place.

I'd like to make an apology about the way I have done things the past couple of years. Sam didn't deserve it, nor did my other customers.

I became entranced with the idea that I could put a couple pieces of wood together with novelty effects and make money off of it. I quickly lost the passion for building, and became greedy. I cut corners, I didn't put care or anything else into a lot of the guitar's I built. Only a few of the many I built did I even care about, the rest was just something to get out, done, and over with and get a "paycheck." I didn't think of the best way to do a project, I just found the cheapest, easiest, and quickest way to do it. Once I became overwhelmed with orders, the greed/ego/and loss of enthusiasm for building all grew to their extremes. It was very, very hard to be able to fully realize all of this, and is sickening to think about even now.

I am truly ashamed of what I have done, and no one deserved that, especially when I did it to some of my friends. I can't defend any of it. A lot of what I did was shit and barely passable as more than a plank of wood that made could do the kaoss jam.

The biggest mistake was me losing the passion for something I loved doing, and making others pay for it. I've been closing moral loose ends, which includes paying Sam back now that I am able to.

I'm not selling over the boards, nor am I trying to "do business again."

Over the past few months, I've been rediscovering my love and passion for building. Putting in the extra effort, and doing whatever it takes to build something beautiful and as close to perfection as possible. Not cutting corners, not being cheap, not going as quick as I can. Using the right tools for the job, and taking the time necessary to do it right. This includes a project I've been talking about with Sam, as an apology gift to him, and show him what I am capable of and what he deserves. Eventually, I'd like to start sharing this stuff in the luthiery forum, as well as other builds again. I can do better, and I will do better.

There will be no more Shattercasters or classic Barnett's; they will be what they should have always been. A quality instrument that has had effort, love, and passion put into it.

I'd like to be welcomed into this community again, be able to start over, and hopefully build a new image amongst everyone here.

You just ruined my whole Barnett joke, but I think it's nice you try to correct your mistakes.

I just hope that it won't stop with this and you sort everything out in person (as you mentioned, with Sam)

It's not up to me to say if you're 'welcome' again, but this is better than never hearing anything from you again.

That was a bit unexpected - not exactly sure what to say to be honest.

Over the past few months, I've been rediscovering my love and passion for building. Putting in the extra effort, and doing whatever it takes to build something beautiful and as close to perfection as possible. Not cutting corners, not being cheap, not going as quick as I can. Using the right tools for the job, and taking the time necessary to do it right. This includes a project I've been talking about with Sam, as an apology gift to him, and show him what I am capable of and what he deserves. Eventually, I'd like to start sharing this stuff in the luthiery forum, as well as other builds again. I can do better, and I will do better.

Good on you for paying Sam back, and that's cool that you're building him a new guitar.

Basically, the only advice I can give is build as if you were building it for yourself - something that YOU would want to play!

FWIW I've got nothing against you personally, so welcome back.

That was a bit unexpected - not exactly sure what to say to be honest.

Good on you for paying Sam back, and that's cool that you're building him a new guitar.

Basically, the only advice I can give is build as if you were building it for yourself - something that YOU would want to play!

FWIW I've got nothing against you personally, so welcome back.

Didn't really know what to say either, but I agree with this.

I'm glad this is being received well, I was worried and almost considered not doing it at all, it was a shot in the dark! I really appreciate the respectful replies, it does mean a lot. I'm really, really bummed out that it took me this long to come around. But I have a lot of years ahead of me.

Hmmm...Take's guts to admitt you were wrong Al but expect some people to be synical.

Im sure you will be more than welcome to post your builds here as i bet alot of people are interested to see how they are going.

I think i was the only guy who bought one of your guitars who knew what i was getting, i knew i was paying a couple hundred quid for a guitar what is going to look the part but not be so hot to play and i was happy with that... mine was one of the first ones you did was'nt it? After Dannys. When it came to re'selling it last year i made twice as much as what i paid so it was'nt a bad investment either.

The only thing what pissed me off about it really was the fact you gave it to me with 4 strings on... :$

Hmmm...Take's guts to admitt you were wrong Al but expect some people to be synical.

Im sure you will be more than welcome to post your builds here as i bet alot of people are interested to see how they are going.

I think i was the only guy who bought one of your guitars who knew what i was getting, i knew i was paying a couple hundred quid for a guitar what is going to look the part but not be so hot to play and i was happy with that... mine was one of the first ones you did was'nt it? After Dannys. When it came to re'selling it last year i made twice as much as what i paid so it was'nt a bad investment either.

The only thing what pissed me off about it really was the fact you gave it to me with 4 strings on... :$

Yours was one that I really enjoyed doing. Good to hear you made something off it! I'm expecting some to be cynical, but I'm hoping people will see my sincerity... I have no idea why it only had 4 strings on it, I'm sure there was a reason. Maybe lack of transport to a shop? Sunday? I don't know, some horrible excuse lol

i also have nothing against you personally - i dont know you so how can i?

but please, get it right before you start selling again! ever since you first started i was shocked that people just started buying them. ok, i knew it was only because they had a vague resemblance to guitars that matt played, but still. the mistakes were very very obvious to me but i kept my mouth shut thinking that others would see them too. but they didnt. maybe its their fault for buying them as much it was yours for selling them.

i would never have dreamed about selling a guitar until i knew it was fit to be sold. and i still dont. if i make something that ends up not being acceptable in my eyes it stays with me.

i understand the draw of making a lot of money in a relatively short space of time, but theres no excuse, and it seems like you've accepted that. which is good.

it sounds like you just need to concentrate on re-learning everything, doing each step one at a time, slowly and carefully, until you know exactly what you're doing and how to do it. and if you dont know how to do something properly, or need help with how to do something the way you want to do it, ASK people. its the best way to learn.

there's been a LOT of things said about you (well, your work) and i think everyone would have understood if you'd disappeared for good, so it shows something that you've worked up the nerve to come back and try to make things right.

just make sure they are right this time! hehe

Nothing will leave me unless I'm willing to put my name, address, social security #, and bank account details on (exaggeration of course, but you get the idea). I want to be the best I can, and I want others to have that as well.

And trust me, I saw nearly all of what was said about me. Threads, jokes, pictures, you name it. It was unbearable at times, mild bouts of depression on certain days. Even though it's "just the internet," it does make a difference. I know though, it was all deserved. But I'm here to make a better image for myself, and put all of that in the past.

Wow this was a c-c-c-c-c-ombo breaker. It's a cool story bro', and looking forward to see new stuff. Good you've sorted out stuff with Sam too.

i don't mean this in a bad way zooropa, but i think a lot of people here would have a very different attitude to welcoming you back if you hadn't sorted things out with sam. Glad that you did though.

i don't mean this in a bad way zooropa, but i think a lot of people here would have a very different attitude to welcoming you back if you hadn't sorted things out with sam. Glad that you did though.

That's true, but if he came back with a similar post and no mention of Sam, I still would've welcomed him back as

1) I don't have anything against him personally as I said

2) He's actually wanting to put out a good product

3) Even though it's the internets, it still took some guts posting after what's been said about him

I'm not always a total cunt Neil. It takes guts to come here and write what he did.

90% cunt 90% of the time?

Oh wait that's Sam :awesome:

I'm not always a total cunt Neil. It takes guts to come here and write what he did.

i never said you were. did you make the assumption that i said "MuseMatt is always a total cunt?"

As i said, i didn't mean it in a bad way, and i welcomed him back. Try reading previous posts before making replies, so you can have a clear understanding of posts in their context.

i never said you were. did you make the assumption that i said "MuseMatt is always a total cunt?"

As i said, i didn't mean it in a bad way, and i welcomed him back. Try reading previous posts before making replies, so you can have a clear understanding of posts in their context.

Let's not start beef over this, I found it weird you quoted me when saying "i think a lot of people here would have a very different attitude to welcoming you back if you hadn't sorted things out with sam"

Quoting me was quite irrelevant.

I'll miss the Barnett jokes :/

Nevertheless, welcome back.

I can't make too many of them anymore, i got warbned for spamming when I did, but I might still do them and get banned, maybe I'll even get mentioned on the KnT wiki page.

Archived