EMA 2010: Muse nominated in 3 categories

MuseBrasil

This show have got more ridiculous each year! :facepalm:

Hurts were nominated for best push act... Guess who won that... JUSTIN BIEBER!!! It's not even music. He only won cause girls find him "cute"!! He also won Best Male... He'd should won Best Kid...

I knowwww! I voted for Hurts like mad but definitely... who can beat that rat with the amount of propaganda he has everywhere? I wanted them to win this because it was the only thing fresh and properly european from the rest.

And Muse doesn't need the award, not even from MTV or whatever this sh*t has become and I'm thinking that the fans already knew it because they weren't stuck on the internet everyday fixing votes, so making a big fuss for this is not worthy..

I knowwww! I voted for Hurts like mad but definitely... who can beat that rat with the amount of propaganda he has everywhere? I wanted them to win this because it was the only thing fresh and properly european from the rest.

And Muse doesn't need the award, not even from MTV or whatever this sh*t has become and I'm thinking that the fans already knew it because they weren't stuck on the internet everyday fixing votes, so making a big fuss for this is not worthy..

You lay way too much effort into this shit. It's not worth it :)

No offence.

I know :facepalm: Def not worth it ;)

I actually had to register, because I had to share my opinion. Please, don't shout on me, remember, I'm new in here. :p Plus, I really like Muse, but I think I can see things more objectively.

About those awards...

Muse fans were ok with it when they won the award back in 2004, right? Also, Muse did care when they performed Starlight. So, don't say it become joke or something, since it's joke for a long time. And they did care to pick up an award and perform.

I personally thought they didn't deserve to be nominated for best rock at all this year. Reason is because all other artist were nominated with new album, and Muse already was nominated for 2009. and lost from Placebo. I'm not going to discuss who is better of those two, I'll just say that if Brian could gave the award to Matt once, there was a turn for other artist to win it. But, I do think they deserved to be nominated for best live, since they're on tour now. I like Muse more than Linkin Park, but don't say LP is that bad, because they're just not! I was actually a lot surprised last night when I heard how great Chester and others performed Waiting For The End.

One more thing to add. I think Muse fans are people who are less deserved to call MTV a bad names. And also 30 Seconds To Mars fans. Because, everybody who watched MTV ever, can see how much they LOVE those two artists.

I actually had to register, because I had to share my opinion. Please, don't shout on me, remember, I'm new in here. :p Plus, I really like Muse, but I think I can see things more objectively.

About those awards...

Muse fans were ok with it when they won the award back in 2004, right? Also, Muse did care when they performed Starlight. So, don't say it become joke or something, since it's joke for a long time. And they did care to pick up an award and perform.

I personally thought they didn't deserve to be nominated for best rock at all this year. Reason is because all other artist were nominated with new album, and Muse already was nominated for 2009. and lost from Placebo. I'm not going to discuss who is better of those two, I'll just say that if Brian could gave the award to Matt once, there was a turn for other artist to win it. But, I do think they deserved to be nominated for best live, since they're on tour now. I like Muse more than Linkin Park, but don't say LP is that bad, because they're just not! I was actually a lot surprised last night when I heard how great Chester and others performed Waiting For The End.

One more thing to add. I think Muse fans are people who are less deserved to call MTV a bad names. And also 30 Seconds To Mars fans. Because, everybody who watched MTV ever, can see how much they LOVE those two artists.

Yes, but those are the rules.

Muse wins? Awesome award - even if Justin Bieber wins the other category.

Muse loses? Shit award - just look at Justin Bieber winning the other category.

:LOL:

No arguing please.

Firstly Muse are inundated with awards anyway, it wouldn't hurt for them to not get an award (although their stage design crew certainly should nonetheless) so don't be bitter about it. Let someone else win all the best awards for once, Muse haven't even released an album this year.

Secondly, there is no divide between the people that use the on topic parts of the board and those that stick to the off topic parts, there are plenty of people that use both. So please stop generalising people and causing arguments because of differences of opinion. And maybe listen to what others have got to say and try and understand where they are coming from.

have you seen the balloon rip-off at the song medley with Kesha and others almost at the end of the show? well, at least there was some kind of a Muse-ish moment in that crappy EMAs... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0zoD7D6SRs

(sorry for the crappy vid but youtube is blocking everything else in better quality...)

Don't worry, the quality of this would be shit even if the visual was perfect. SHE CAN'T SING.

have you seen the balloon rip-off at the song medley with Kesha and others almost at the end of the show? well, at least there was some kind of a Muse-ish moment in that crappy EMAs... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0zoD7D6SRs

(sorry for the crappy vid but youtube is blocking everything else in better quality...)

Nah, the balloon thing is an ordinary thing. Coldplay, Flaming Lips, and a lot of bands use them. And I don't think Muse was the first :p

About those awards...

:erm: So you're saying that because MTV loves Muse, we should love MTV?

Sorry, but I think MTV is shit, and this has nothing to do with whether they like Muse or not. Same thing goes for the latest MTV EMA (I don't remember how bad the EMAs have been in the previous years): even if Muse had won, I would have found the awards lame.

:erm: So you're saying that because MTV loves Muse, we should love MTV?

Sorry, but I think MTV is shit, and this has nothing to do with whether they like Muse or not. Same thing goes for the latest MTV EMA (I don't remember how bad the EMAs have been in the previous years): even if Muse had won, I would have found the awards lame.

Hm... How to put that right? If you think MTV suck, what are your reasons? Since Muse is one of most playable artists on it.

And I'm not saying MTV isn't shit.

Just, when they're winning everything is perfect even if you don't think so, and when they lost then all negativity came out. Not saying to you, just generally.

Hm... How to put that right? If you think MTV suck, what are your reasons? Since Muse is one of most playable artists on it.

And I'm not saying MTV isn't shit.

Just, when they're winning everything is perfect even if you don't think so, and when they lost then all negativity came out. Not saying to you, just generally.

MTV used to be about music, not about crap "reality" tv. And when they deign to care (grammar?) about music, they'll always show the same videos of the same artists again and again, when there are lots of talented artists who get ignored.

I don't mind muse did not win best rock award, but I do mind 30stm wining it. It is such an insult .

I like 30STM, have seen them twice and will again in a few weeks - they're not THAT bad.. OK Jared's voice is a bit.. meh.. live but they are still a great band in my opinion and I am glad they won the award, cant think of anyone else I would rather win other than Muse obviously.

Best Rock - I can't believe that Muse were even nominated for this. They don't do rock anymore.

Best Live - Glad they didn't win. They certainly don't deserve it.

:LOL:

LOLZ

Especially when the EMA MTV Awards means fuck all in terms of recognition... I mean Bieber has won best male :LOL:

Srsly Bieber :LOL:

Who?

Archived