My Mattocaster Build

Dean/muse

here is the link to the woodworking business, Its 100% true he has done many celebs houses not the entire thing but Kitchens stairs doors, He is all over magazines in USA you can see it all on his page . click on Press reports http://www.intercraftcontracting.com/ And sorry it was Jorge Posada of the New York Yankees house he did . It says it on his page. And yes you might not believe the people who are helping me but its all true. Whats so hard to believe ? My father owns the hardware Store down the road from Intercraft and my father is good friends with him. If you want the name of the hardware store I can give you the name. So keep mocking whats true guys =D. Btw I just finished getting the grain filled its super smooth you cant even feel the Grain.

here is the link to the woodworking business, Its 100% true he has done many celebs houses not the entire thing but Kitchens stairs doors, He is all over magazines in USA you can see it all on his page . click on Press reports http://www.intercraftcontracting.com/ And sorry it was Jorge Posada of the New York Yankees house he did . It says it on his page. And yes you might not believe the people who are helping me but its all true. Whats so hard to believe ? My father owns the hardware Store down the road from Intercraft and my father is good friends with him. If you want the name of the hardware store I can give you the name. So keep mocking whats true guys =D. Btw I just finished getting the grain filled its super smooth you cant even feel the Grain.

It's not that people don't necessarily believe it. It's more that it comes across as rather crass and vulgar to keep banging on about how special everything about this project is and pointlessly namedropping celebrity bathrooms and the like. The build will speak for itself regardless of whose toilet brush it was painted with so maybe thing's go better if there's a bit less bragging and a bit more updates and WIP pics :)

Well I never bragged someone said " you know Matte colors are a pain to spray" So I replied about the help I have to assist me. Im not saying it will make my guitar any more special than even a squier guitar. And It bothers me because it is a true story and I feel people don't believe me which is understandable.

Well I never bragged someone said " you know Matte colors are a pain to spray" So I replied about the help I have to assist me. Im not saying it will make my guitar any more special than even a squier guitar. And It bothers me because it is a true story and I feel people don't believe me which is understandable.

"the man who is doing my guitar with its prep before painting has done many famous athletes and celebrities apartments. Like a famous baseball player Derek Jeter , He has done Bonos apartment here in NYC and many more."

Whatever man. Whether you meant to or not you've got to admit that quote does seem a bit like unnecessary namedropping and I think that, among other things, is why people are taking the piss. Anyhoo, enough derailing from me; on with the thread.

I have done everything with these men Behind me. I did the routing for the control cavity , I did the band sawing for the body, I rounded and sanded the body and drilled the holes for the pots. I did the grain filling with the Material he gave me And when it had to get primered I will be going back to the shop to smooth the layer of primer out and. The only thing I wont be doing on this guitar is the neck and the paint. Otherwise im doing the electronics too! So on with the thread I agree. one quick update is that It wont be getting sprayed possibly until not next week but the week after. But I will update the pics when the time comes!

I tried to post earlier on my phone but it didnt work, but this build is seemingly magical.

HELLO I AM HAVING A MATTOCASTER BUILT, GHANDI IS GOING TO CARVE THE WOOD FOR ME HE IS A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE, AND I AM GOING TO GET VAN GOGH TO DO THE FINISH.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Is Matt going to polish your kno- I mean the knobs? ;):LOL:

As a matter of fact he is, and im getting Chris to jizz all over the neck so it will play super quick so I can play hysteria 4 times faster.

If you do that you'll probably end up with a double neck tbh, we all know how potent Chris is ;)

oh lord how did I miss this thread?

Seriously though bro, your mattocaster is going to be pretty special. I've been in Bonos NYC apartment and you can really see the attention to detail in the finishing. These guys can laugh, but we know how epic his floor is.

oh lord how did I miss this thread?

Seriously though bro, your mattocaster is going to be pretty special. I've been in Bonos NYC apartment and you can really see the attention to detail in the finishing. These guys can laugh, but we know how epic his floor is.

Alright, alright, no need to flash your celeb parquetry credentials around here. This thread was nice and modest, and low key until you arrived. ;)

Alright, alright, no need to flash your celeb parquetry credentials around here. This thread was nice and modest, and low key until you arrived. ;)

No seriously, Bono is an expert on wood. Apparently he was taught early on at catholic school to study the floor-boards closely. He never would have got where he is today without that priest behind him.

I'd still call it relatively modest, until I saw his last post :LOL:

btw - I couldn't record any half decent clips of the starkaster :( BUT, once I get an interface sorted (soon hopefully) I'll get some done. maybe some other demos as well!

okokok, enough about bonno and his love of wood, back to mattocaster builds, or gtfo.

That reminds me of the actual reason I came to this thread! I'm building a MoC myself, but I'm having a bit of trouble placing the bridge... I've observed the scale length and compensation rules, but I still don't have enough room to place both of my pickups between the neck and the bridge :$ Any ideas? Otherwise I may have to call on Bono :D (couldn't resist)

The only thing cut is the neck pocket, and no, your not being stupid... i think i am, probably some failed measurements, but i've checked and double checked but can only just get them both in. It seems awfully snug though compared to my other guitars. The measurements I followed were: bottom of nut-mid twelfth fret x2 and plus 2mm on the treble, 5mm on the bass. I'll upload some pics after one more check.

Ok thanks for the help, I just don't wanna screw up here considering how well it's been going so far. Sorry about the small pictures too, it was that or some massive 2 screen width shots... looks like I'm gonna need to practice my embedding too :happy:

Archived