My Mattocaster Build

Dean/muse

This is my first build ever I am only 16. The build is inspired by a few of the Manson guitar styles. The Chrome bombers shape , The Manson Mirrors hardware and Its going to be flat black when finished.

Bare knuckle Nailbomb and Mississippi queen.

Gotoh 510 locking tuners

Gotoh 510 bridge

The headstock design is a bit changed it still looks similar to the Manson's

Any questions please Ask!

Yes no fuzz factory I have a fuzz factory pedal but it is a severe waste of money to take such an expensive awesome pedal and Only have it make squeaky noises.

Here it is!

DSC00569.thumb.jpg.85763a8901a9c23fde8475ee4390b506.jpg

DSC00545.thumb.jpg.6b8ca27ad543b830966649f833d3be2a.jpg

DSC00571.thumb.jpg.6f710fb716af6346b78eb9a28d4d4650.jpg

DSC00532.thumb.jpg.117c1bafd41b93edeaa98ad6ff48ea85.jpg

no primer, i just clear coated and flattened until the grain was filled and the body was perfectly smooth then sprayed a few thin layers of black, flatted that back, repeated that a few times and then finished with a good solid spray coat. no lacquer over the top, i wanted it to wear naturally.

The body I ordered with the neck pocket To fit my neck which was made by Warmoth guitars I had the chance to use USA guitars but they're a little more pricey ; ). So basically I did the entire body but the neck pocket and its actually all perfectly measured out. I really want to get a nice solid Matte finish on it but I just dont want a flat black that will Dull out easily and get marked. So Im thinking maybe take it to an auto body shop and have them spray it with a high quality flat black. But I might finish the neck with Satin Wipe on Minwax polyurethane. I dont know yet tho I better find out today or tomorrow.

The body I ordered with the neck pocket To fit my neck which was made by Warmoth guitars I had the chance to use USA guitars but they're a little more pricey ; ). So basically I did the entire body but the neck pocket and its actually all perfectly measured out. I really want to get a nice solid Matte finish on it but I just dont want a flat black that will Dull out easily and get marked. So Im thinking maybe take it to an auto body shop and have them spray it with a high quality flat black. But I might finish the neck with Satin Wipe on Minwax polyurethane. I dont know yet tho I better find out today or tomorrow.

if you take it to a body shop they will want to prime it with a high build grey primer, but it's not great for guitars as if you chip, you see grey over the wood. do like Phill said, but you must let each coat dry completely before flatting and repainting

Hooglebug what do you mean? Like get sanding sealer on the body fill the grain, Than Spray the color on the guitar? Than Use a clear coat like maybe a satin poly? The problem is with me and flat is that Either way its going to start getting glossy and blotchy even if its a top of the line finish. Im thinking maybe doing a Metallic black.

The body I ordered with the neck pocket To fit my neck which was made by Warmoth guitars I had the chance to use USA guitars but they're a little more pricey ; ). So basically I did the entire body but the neck pocket and its actually all perfectly measured out.

It's a warmoth body blank, with neck-pocket and they drilled the tune-o-matic holes and pups cavities ?

You just cut' the shape, few drilling-holes and lot of sanding for "Bomber" shape ?

Looks good!

For my Blackie I used lot of wood-filler for primary coat.. (mahogany-like wood)

Yeah one thing is tho that , Im having a professional cabinet maker here in NYC fill my guitars wood grain. He sometimes finishes violins and other instruments and fills the grain with an extremely special material that hell be using on my guitar. Than im going to take it to a top of the line auto body guy who my Father knows and he will use a special Clear primer that is not high build, And his Flat black is a special flat that Actually bends and moves and wont begin to crack or get worn out with temperature humidity and sweat.

Yeah one thing is tho that , Im having a professional cabinet maker here in NYC fill my guitars wood grain. He sometimes finishes violins and other instruments and fills the grain with an extremely special material that hell be using on my guitar. Than im going to take it to a top of the line auto body guy who my Father knows and he will use a special Clear primer that is not high build, And his Flat black is a special flat that Actually bends and moves and wont begin to crack or get worn out with temperature humidity and sweat.

While I appreciate what you're getting at here...none of those things are "special". All nice automotive finishes bend/flex with things and I'm sure the guy doing the wood grain is just using an oil based grain filler which is just a little harder to find. Not to poop on your parade because I hope the guitar ends up looking amazing.

Also, just as a note...flat colors are such a pain in the ass to spray.

Well Your not really pooping on my parade the man who is doing my guitar with its prep before painting has done many famous athletes and celebrities apartments. Like a famous baseball player Derek Jeter , He has done Bonos apartment here in NYC and many more. Thats not a made up story, InterCraft contracting is the name of the buisness in Longisland city queens. And the automotive spray man is extremely experienced he does everything from Chroming metals to Painting Special materials to custom painting Bikes and Cars. Theyre all very experienced and their all doing it for free I just need to buy the paints and materials. He says His Flat paint is custom mixed according to Material and its his own paint that he came up with and it costs quite a bit for a can. =D I think im set. BTW I hate Baseball

Well Your not really pooping on my parade the man who is doing my guitar with its prep before painting has done many famous athletes and celebrities apartments. Like a famous baseball player Derek Jeter , He has done Bonos apartment here in NYC and many more. Thats not a made up story, InterCraft contracting is the name of the buisness in Longisland city queens. And the automotive spray man is extremely experienced he does everything from Chroming metals to Painting Special materials to custom painting Bikes and Cars. Theyre all very experienced and their all doing it for free I just need to buy the paints and materials. He says His Flat paint is custom mixed according to Material and its his own paint that he came up with and it costs quite a bit for a can. =D I think im set. BTW I hate Baseball

I think the only possible response to that is....

cool story bro

I tried to post earlier on my phone but it didnt work, but this build is seemingly magical.

HELLO I AM HAVING A MATTOCASTER BUILT, GHANDI IS GOING TO CARVE THE WOOD FOR ME HE IS A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE, AND I AM GOING TO GET VAN GOGH TO DO THE FINISH.

Archived