2023 Tour

golanitay1984@gmail.com

I'd seen Muse at least a half dozen times before the Chicago show. I don't think they had played Bliss at any of them so I was really excited when they kicked into it. They played Map at a few of the shows I've attended. Great song as well but Bliss was easily the best of those options for me. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NigelTufnel said:

It seems that Muse are very popular in Quebec.  The Bell Centre and Videotron often get 2 shows each while many comparable American cities get skipped completely. I live in Michigan but went to see the show in Chicago because they're not playing Detroit on this tour. 

I think we have a very good connexion with the band in Québec City. We are in fire, out of control, the crowd is amazing !!! That's why a go twice every time. For example, in 2010, we organised with few fans, something very special for them, we bought each 100 glow in the dark armlet for our section, and give them to all the 20 000 fans. It was so special and was fitting with the color of Resistance album. At the end of the show, we threw all the armlet on the stage, the guys were amazed. 

And at the Summer Festival on July 16th 2017, for the 50th anniversary of the festival, Muse was there, we waited 12 hours in 30 degrees to be in the front row and I got  a handshake from Matt. The crowd was estimated at 110,000 people.

I putted some pictures in my profile, I don't kow if you can see them.

Edited by Alimuse
Add a link
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, That Little Animal said:

Citizen yesterday. Looks like there’s one rotation slot then? 

I hope for Europe the Thought Contagion/Resistance slots become rotation.

and Madness but I can’t see that happening 

4 hours ago, Claudia O said:

One slot is not enough, but we may get more in Europe 🤔 

Think this was what happened with the Drones tour if I recall? It started just being Revolt/Reapers then we ended up with all sorts of stuff coming through including rare performances of Panic Station, Supremacy, Defector, Assassin, Sunburn 

The Minneapolis gig was awesome!  I especially enjoyed the live versions of the seven songs they played from WOTP.  The rotation song MotP is also one of my favourites and The Dark Side instrumental was a pleasant surprise. I even felt the heat sitting in Row X during the pyro.  Matt played some snippets from Bach (Halloween) and Chopin (Prelude) on the piano which I appreciated.  Perhaps a medley of some songs (Stockholm Syndrome, New Born, Assassin, Reapers, The Handler) or the Houston Jam like the band did during the ST tour would be welcome later in this tour too. 

Another audio-visual spectacle not to be missed!  

MUSE gigs I have attended over the years:

3 Minneapolis

3 London

3 Los Angeles

3 Washington DC/Baltimore

• Like 3

No, I like Resistance!  I‘ve never heard it live but would love to hear it, opening with the iconic double neck guitar .. won‘t happen, I know, it‘s like Starlight .. without the guitar during the whole song it‘s not the same anymore. 

I never liked Undisclosed desire, I‘m  skipping it on record and during live recordings .. 

Edited by Claudia O

The first rotation slot has gone through Bliss, Map, Citizen Erased and now New Born.

The second has had Resistance and UD.

You just know that Stockholm Syndrome is coming to that first slot 🤩 and Feeling Good will make an appearance in the second 😞.

13 hours ago, NigelTufnel said:

The first rotation slot has gone through Bliss, Map, Citizen Erased and now New Born.

The second has had Resistance and UD.

You just know that Stockholm Syndrome is coming to that first slot 🤩 and Feeling Good will make an appearance in the second 😞.

They’ve sound checked Dead Inside and Mercy, which might be candidates for the second slot as well. 

It appears that during my short time with the Muse Reddit, most constructive criticism results in downvotes. So here goes:

- The sets aren't too bad...about what I expected. They band seem on great form and overall Id say thery're far better than on the ST tour (all the new album songs seem to translate really well). Splitting the rotations over two slots would be better IMO .Bliss/Map, CE/Space Dementia (played somewhat recently), Stockholm/New Born.

- It's all subjective but how on Earth is Thought Contagion still around?

- I have no problem with more instrumentals/vocal breaks for Matt but these slots should be in addition to proper songs, not taking up song slots.

- Is there a single song (not counting the new album songs) that wasn't a single? Why are they still so adverse to playing non-singles at their own shows?

- Matt's declining voice is definitely a thing...so why soundcheck two songs that are very vocally challening for him these days? Not sure what he's thinking there.

Still really looking forward to Plymouth and I suspect there may be a few changes for the European dates.

Their approach to setlist construction is pretty predictable. 

1. Play half the new album

2. Ignore the previous album except for 1 or 2 holdovers. And, yes, why is it Thought Contagion this time? 

3. Play singles from OoS to Drones

4. Pretend Showbiz never happened 

5. Repeat sequence for every show including a couple rotation slots

It's all perfectly fine and functional but doesn't exactly encourage fans to attend more than one gig. Apparently, the band doesn't get too bored with the routine. 

Yeah so they say. I know they feed off the songs which get a bigger reaction but I wish they had more faith in their entire catalogue. If one song out 20 doesn't get the biggest of cheers, is that really too much of an issue?

What gets me is they still insist on playing every big hit of theirs. Most of these shows on this tour haven't sold out which means the casual audience aren't going to see them like they used to (I think we can all agree the band's peak in popularity is well over) so really...they should throw in some more fan favourites. Maybe it's on me as I've seen them so many times over the years but it's frustrating when so many great songs don't even get a look. 

And god damn do I miss a dedicated piano slot.

Yesterday It was the first of two concert in Québec City and it was so awsome !!!! Muse and the crowd was in fire !!!! The set list was perfect.

I was hoping to ear and see Ghost but I have to mourn about it. But they play Verona wich is wonderful song too !

See you again tonight !!

20230311_215434[1].jpg

• Like 1

No because people don't know the lyrics.

And I love Madness, for me it's a Masterpiece , but the crowd didn't know the lyrics and Matt was asking to sing with him but we are just a couple to sing. I was sad to ear it from the the crowd. I was thinking maybe it's the last time they will play this amazing song.

Edited by Alimuse
Correction

Liberation is one of my least faves on the new album, but they are promoting their new album and should not kick it out of the setlist. People may not know the lyrics to .. hm … City of delusion, or Ruled by secrecy, but so what?? No problem with that, as long as they play it 😅