2023 Tour

golanitay1984@gmail.com

13 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Hm that setlist is … nothing new?! I guess it will change for  North America and then for Europe, I hope so! 

Yeah, I would have thought after the hiatus and at the proper start of the tour they’d create a brand new WOTP tour setlist. But this is like the pre-theater tour festival sets. I don’t quite understand. Mexico deserves better than Thought Contagion. 

I was  remembering older setlists like The Unsastainable Tour in BCN 2013. What a joke in comparison to what they are performing nowadays...

Estadi Olimpic Lluís Companys. 07/06/2013

Setlist

0. The 2nd Law (Tape)

1.-Supremacy(extended intro)

2.-Supermassive Black Hole
3.-Panic Station
4.-Map of the Problematique
5.-Interlude
6.-Hysteria
7.-Animals(with Muse money confetti)
8.-Knights of Cydonia(Man with a Harmonica intro)
9.-Dracula Mountain(Lightning Bolt cover) (Drum and bass jam)
10-United States of Eurasia(Matt with piano on B-stage)
11-Dead Star
12-Monty Jam(Drum and bass jam)
13-Feeling Good(Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley cover)
14-Follow Me
15-Liquid State
16-Madness
17-Time Is Running Out(House of the Rising Sun intro)
18-Stockholm Syndrome

B-Stage

19-Unintended
20-Blackout(with a ballerina, carried by … more)
21-Guiding Light
22-Undisclosed Desires

Encore 2

23-The 2nd Law: Unsustainable(with Charles, the Robot)
24-Plug In Baby
25-Survival

Encore 3

26-The 2nd Law: Isolated System
27-Uprising(Extended outro)
28-Starlight
Chop Suey!(System of a Down song) (Richard Cheese cover)

Bliss rotated in this time!

It might feel like they’re neglecting WOTP songs a bit, but I think that would be fixed by playing just one more song of the album.

Euphoria feels like it’s this album’s Blockades/Defector/Big Freeze, so it’ll probably pop up once or twice.

I can see why they don’t play Ghosts, though it should be possible to give it a place in a large stadium production, with everyone singing along. Matt could open the encore solo with this one. 

I don’t care for Liberation myself, but swapping it for Thought Contagion wouldn’t be a bad move. 

And finally they should really put some effort into making Verona work. Ruled by Secrecy was great live, if they can make that work, they can make Verona work. I’m not sure what’s keeping them, it’s one of their best songs. 

I read that Matt said they won‘t play Verona in Mexico, because they hadn‘t rehearsed it enough…

I like those rotations, so much better than the static ST-tour! I‘d love to hear Verona live and I‘m sure they‘ll do Ghosts in Italy and France ( cause of the duets) and hopefully in the rest of Europe! 

• 4 weeks later...

16-20 inches of snow fell this week in the Minneapolis metro area.  The plows have now cleared the snow from Interstate highways 90, 94 and 35 in Wisconsin and Minnesota before Sunday's concert at Target Center.  Saturday's gig at United Center in Chicago is officially sold out and next week's shows in Texas are also selling well especially in Austin and Dallas/Fort Worth.

Looking forward to hearing Bring Me To Life from Evanescence and WSD, KOBK and possibly the debut of Verona from WOTP and perhaps even a cover or medley. My last concert at this venue in 2013 we got MOTP, Stockholm Syndrome, and Sunburn on the setlist.  

Edited by muse samuse
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 10:05 PM, muse samuse said:

Up to 20 inches of snow and blizzard conditions expected in Minneapolis by Thursday.  Hope the snow plows clear Interstates 90 and 94 in Wisconsin and Minnesota before Sunday's concert at Target Center.  Saturday's gig at United Center is close to sell out.

Looking forward to hearing Bring Me To Life from Evanescence and possibly the debut of Verona from WOTP.  My last concert at this venue in 2013 we got MOTP, Stockholm Syndrome, and Sunburn on the setlist.  

I’d love to see Sunburn again. Saw it at my first 4 gigs but now not since 2007. Got USoE on the  2nd Law show I went to. 

A mixed bag… 

Thought Contagion, still? Resistance, again? 

And an absolute record number of instrumentals, interludes, filler fluff and voice breaks.

At least I assume is Matt’s voice that needs a break. Why else would this happen?  

-interlude 

-drill sergeant 

-Kill or Be Killed remix

-interstitial ‘parkour’

-isolated system 

- the Dark Side Instrumental

-interstitial ‘driving’

-behold the glove 

-Prelude

-simulation theory theme. 

I mean… 

Edited by That Little Animal

We attended the Chicago show last night. In short, the band sounded solid. The crowd was so-so. We ended up with upper level seats and hardly anybody bothered to stand up at all through the show which I always find to be very lame. 

Bliss was a welcome surprise and Matt really put a lot of energy into it. Verona debut was wonderful, especially because it's my favorite on the new album. I could hardly believe my ears when the started playing Resistance but ok. Also maybe a bit odd that Thought Contagion was the only main survivor from ST (aside from a really pretty instrumental of The Dark Side). I think those two songs just fit in with the general theme of the new album and US audiences would know them. The Cherub Rock outro for the Chicago crowd was a nice touch too.

The multiple playback interludes had a lot to do with changing the stage set-up between songs. I didn't preview much of the Mexican gigs so I don't know if the new backstage "characters" were a total surprise or not. 

Great show though.  And FWIW, Evanescence kicked ass as an opener.

20230225_180730.jpg

20230225_214539.jpg

20230225_214938.jpg

20230225_225507.jpg

• Like 3

The stage look awsome ! 

I think It will be a tough tour for them, with all the cites around the World. I am lucky they come twice in my town, so I go twice in 2 weeks. 

I Also think that it become difficult to satisfy all the fans with their lot of hits. There are news fans and old fans like me. but I really like this album, more than Simulation Therory for example.

I  take a look to the previous set list and I hope they will play Ghosts and Euphoria instead of Pressure, Thought Contagion, Resistance

For everybody have fun at your show,  give to Muse all you can do,  to make a crowd in fire 🔥

Sorry about my poor english, I am french from Québec City ! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alimuse said:

The stage look awsome ! 

I think It will be a tough tour for them, with all the cites around the World. I am lucky they come twice in my town, so I go twice in 2 weeks. 

It seems that Muse are very popular in Quebec.  The Bell Centre and Videotron often get 2 shows each while many comparable American cities get skipped completely. I live in Michigan but went to see the show in Chicago because they're not playing Detroit on this tour.