2023 Tour

golanitay1984@gmail.com

On 3/15/2023 at 7:21 AM, Claudia O said:

Liberation is one of my least faves on the new album, but they are promoting their new album and should not kick it out of the setlist. People may not know the lyrics to .. hm … City of delusion, or Ruled by secrecy, but so what?? No problem with that, as long as they play it 😅

It’s not so much that Liberation sucks, it’s that Verona is one of the best things they’ve done in a long time and they don’t seem to know it.  If they kick out Thought Contagion and replace it with Liberation then there’s no harm done. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

What do you think of the European leg of the tour so far? I thought we‘d get more rotations in the setlist, and tbh, more rocksongs.

i love the lightshow, fire, streamers .. thank god Mercy disappeared 😅 will we ever hear Ghosts and Euphoria live? 

Honestly? The new songs really impressed me in Plymouth; this album works so well in a live environment. KobK especially, wow. 

The setlist is all over the place though. I thought they might drop the Resistance/UD rotation slot and they’ve ended up playing them both. Bliss/Map is good but they just seem on complete autopilot at the moment. Stockholm and New Born have vanished…it’s for ustrating when they could so easily add in another rotation of two. I have no idea why UD is sticking around when it’s such a buzzkill live. I don’t think we’ll see Ghosts performed and feel like Euphoria is being skipped because it’s tough to sing. 

Hoping for Map at the Huddersfield show but with it currently being 50/50, I’ll be annoyed if it’s the exact same set as Plymouth. 

Only 20 full songs for a stadium show with ticket prices this high? That’s not sitting right with me either. 

On 6/14/2023 at 7:44 AM, Claudia O said:

What do you think of the European leg of the tour so far? I thought we‘d get more rotations in the setlist, and tbh, more rocksongs.

i love the lightshow, fire, streamers .. thank god Mercy disappeared 😅 will we ever hear Ghosts and Euphoria live? 

The middle of the set is dire. I really didn’t enjoy it. I am surprised at the slow pace of that part and the lack of piano is disappointing. I really thought they’d realise UD/Resistance should rotate and an extra slot for a rockier song. Especially considering how the support bands go 

I thought the festival sets and ST Tour were better

It’s been removed from Setlist fm now but I can see Matt doing something like that…when they could just play the actual song. It’s all been autopilot at the moment :( 

Second and final UK show of the tour for me tomorrow and it’s potentially going to be the first time I’ve ever seen them play the exact same set as before. I hope I’m wrong. 

Going to Glasgow on Friday.  I set up an Apple Music playlist based on the Plymouth set list forgetting that it might vary!   If there is one song I’d like dropped from the setlist or at least as the last song it would be Knights of Cydonia.  They have been ending with this for years and I’m bored with that.

I find when they vary set lists for the shows I am at it’s usually them dropping Plug in Baby which really upsets me.  They did that at The Hydro - Drones tour 1st night -  I think because they came on about 15 mins late.  They played it the following night when I wasn’t there so it feels personal lol!  They also didn’t play it in Belfast in 2017. 

I really hope we get Verona.  Very much looking forward to hearing WOTP, KORBK, YMMFLIH and WAFF****d live. 

Verona is nailed on for Glasgow :) they only rotated it with Liberation on the two-night arena dates in the US. 

I love Knights but I’m tired of it as a closer. I think they should move it to close the main set. Part of the reason why I enjoyed the 2nd Law stadium tour was because Knights was so early in the gig and it felt refreshing. They should ditch the harmonica as well, it’s become so dull now. 

My fingers are crossed for Map tonight but to be honest, anything other than Bliss in the rotation slot. 

• Like 1

Oh! I just compared the songs on setlist.fm . They played Map only in Wr. Neustadt on the European tour? At the other gigs they rotated Bliss and Thought contagion… strange … tbh I do love Map, but I saw it at every Muse gig I went to, only 4 so far 😅 but never saw Bliss! 

So we got a brand mew guitar and Map in Wr. Neustadt, ok! Is Austria something special now 🤣🤣

one annoying thing with Koc being the set closer every time is that people start leaving when the harmonica part starts! Muse should surprise us and add another song(s) after KOC 😁

Edited by Claudia O
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 9:55 PM, Claudia O said:

☹️ I wasn‘t around here during that tour, did he do it back then as well, or with other songs? 

There was stuff where the band would make comments about the message board when playing a slightly off the greatest hits list at the time.

But I meant more the lack of setlist changes, odd choices, generally slower, softer pace 

1 hour ago, Claudia O said:

Did the board welcome the setlist changes and Muse wondered about it? 

It was mostly introducing Bliss on the second part of the tour saying things like ‘this one is for the 5 people from the message board here’ in a really sarcastic tone