LP9: WOTP Discussion/Speculation Thread

Jobby

On 5/3/2022 at 2:28 AM, Claudia O said:

It feels that Compliance got drowned, maybe released too quickly after Won‘t stand down? But maybe it‘s only ecause there‘s not much talking about it atm, no wonder without interviews, tv appearances, PR in general. 

But, it‘s climbing on the indiecharts in Austria … http://indiecharts.at

I wonder if they saw that early headline about it being an anti-vaxxer song and thought it best not to over promote it to see if that critique would fade away.

fwiw, i have used the piano breakdown in RBS as my ringtone for as long as i can remember.

i also made multiple tones that i use for multiple alarms (i tend to sleep through quite a few each day, so i set them up back-to-back-to-back over a series of minutes (hah)) with parts of: AP, bliss, exo pt. 1, exo pt. 3, mk ultra, UD, USoE, uprising, reapers, and...defector, lol. i also made a tone from MGMT's metanoia at some point a long way back. i think i must have had time to kill and spliced parts out of 'em.

• Like 2

I have Map as my ringtone. The Handler, Algorithm, Blockades and Sea Power's Doppelganger for specific people and Hans Zimmer's Fort Walton, Kansas from The Rock as my alarm.

Problem is when I play any of the tunes on my phone, I think my phone is ringing...

• Haha 2

On 5/12/2022 at 2:49 PM, Claudia O said:

Next single maybe on June 1st??? 

Seems legit to me!

But I swore after I heard compliance and saw how short the album would be not to listen to anymore pre album singles. So... whenever the next one comes out I'm probably not visiting around here till the album drops. Wanna keep it fresh.

1 hour ago, Bohemian-Cygnus-Running-Out said:

Seems legit to me!

But I swore after I heard compliance and saw how short the album would be not to listen to anymore pre album singles. So... whenever the next one comes out I'm probably not visiting around here till the album drops. Wanna keep it fresh.

I feel the same way but I'll def do one more. And I figured it'd be the title track.

I just don't want another scenario where we have 6 songs released before the album which was a fear of mine when it was announced as August release back in March.

The age ol' dilemma of listening to new tunes Vs keeping it fresh. Mind you there's a good chance anything that drops early gets played at festivals so you may get chance to hear it anyhow. 

Personally, I'll lap up any new material beforehand but I respect and admire anyone with the will power to avoid spoilers. Dig Down and Thought Contagion were release waaaay too early to be included on ST still and should've been bonus tracks not main tracks.

Edited by Anticitizen1
Typo

10 minutes ago, Anticitizen1 said:

The age ol' dilemma of listening to new tunes Vs keeping it fresh. Mind you there's a good chance anything that drops early gets played at festivals so you may get chance to hear it anyhow. 

Personally, I'll lap up any new material beforehand but I respect and admire anyone with the will power to avoid spoilers. Dig Down and Thought Contagion were release waaaay too early to be included on ST still and should've been bonus tracks not main tracks.

But like, ST would be soooo short without them, lol. Maybe just use the alternate reality versions on the album proper? idk 

Also odds of me going to see Muse for the first time at a festival are pretty slim. Way more expensive tickets to see likely a shorter set with a smaller chance of deep cuts and a higher chance of just all the big pop songs... which I course I would lap up but like... something more from the early years than Plug In Baby, Hysteria, and the occasional Time Is Running Out is what I really crave (despite TiRO still standing as my all time favorite Muse song  no less).

5 minutes ago, Bohemian-Cygnus-Running-Out said:

But like, ST would be soooo short without them, lol. Maybe just use the alternate reality versions on the album proper? idk 

Also odds of me going to see Muse for the first time at a festival are pretty slim. Way more expensive tickets to see likely a shorter set with a smaller chance of deep cuts and a higher chance of just all the big pop songs... which I course I would lap up but like... something more from the early years than Plug In Baby, Hysteria, and the occasional Time Is Running Out is what I really crave (despite TiRO still standing as my all time favorite Muse song  no less).

Shorter. Yes. Tighter. Yes. Arcade Fire's We is 7 songs and 40 mins long so maybe shorter albums as a result of lockdown with, hopefully, material up their sleeves for future release, perhaps. 

Mind you I am narked that Florence + The Machine deluxe Cd had 5 bonus tracks which weren't advertised by their own website so I pre-ordered the standard edition...

I too won't be seeing them until an autumn/winter tour hopefully to promote album (hint..hint).

Hmm. The new album is supposedly a return of guitars, but I swear that when I listen to "Compliance," I can't hear guitars anywhere in the track. Even in the live footage I've seen, I can't tell which part is Matt's when he's playing. Anyone else been able to figure out where the guitars are?

21 hours ago, TheHappySpaceman said:

Hmm. The new album is supposedly a return of guitars, but I swear that when I listen to "Compliance," I can't hear guitars anywhere in the track. Even in the live footage I've seen, I can't tell which part is Matt's when he's playing. Anyone else been able to figure out where the guitars are?

Return of guitars? Where have you heard that?  I've heard this album is supposed to be "Muse greatest hits except with newly written/recorded songs," which would imply only a fraction of the album will be guitar based as that is only a fraction of what they would have on a greatest hits album. It should range from PiB to UD.

Thank you , I shyed away from posting it again yesterday, but now The Cavern posted the documentary so it should stay up 🤟👍 

edit: somebody else posted it, not The Cavern itself 😅…. 

Edited by Claudia O
  • Like 1