It would be so AWESOME if we had a Muser steampunk crew. Engineer here!

ALL OF THAT IS AMAZING. I would love one of those guns. I wonder how strict voodoo would be with them, I guess it would depend on what they're made of.

Yeahhh, engineers are cool. :D

And I'm a bit worried about the gun too, but come on, it's Halloween! And it's probably plastic, and the wooden ones should be fine too. :rolleyes: If they don't want toy weapons they shouldn't have the fest over Halloween.

Yeahhh, engineers are cool. :D

And I'm a bit worried about the gun too, but come on, it's Halloween! And it's probably plastic, and the wooden ones should be fine too. :rolleyes: If they don't want toy weapons they shouldn't have the fest over Halloween.

lol well if we are going to stick together, might as well dress together. agenthal, you have one sexy navigator here. :LOL:

Haha that would be great. Oh, so what's a good site for costume ideas? I have no idea where to start. Lol. It's not like you run up in party city and buy a whole costume.

community.livejournal.com/steamfashion/ has cool stuff. I'd just google steampunk and look around etsy and ebay as well. You'll have to buy custom or handmade stuff really off the internet.

anyone know what day they will be playing at voodoo? i know there are rumors it might be friday, but i can't find anything anywhere that confirms the exact date!

if anyone knows for sure if it will be on the friday, saturday or sunday, please let me know!

thanks so much!!!

i'm soooo excited, this is the first time i'm finally going to see them!!!

:D:D

anyone know what day they will be playing at voodoo? i know there are rumors it might be friday, but i can't find anything anywhere that confirms the exact date!

if anyone knows for sure if it will be on the friday, saturday or sunday, please let me know!

thanks so much!!!

i'm soooo excited, this is the first time i'm finally going to see them!!!

:D:D

Nah, doesn't say anywhere where they will be playing. I can say very very good chance its not Sunday, since thats probably Ozzy. My guess would be Saturday but I haven't heard any rumors or anything so I don't know.

BTW, there a link to a 2009 schedule anywhere on the site? I was just curious how they usually schedule things

Nah, doesn't say anywhere where they will be playing. I can say very very good chance its not Sunday, since thats probably Ozzy. My guess would be Saturday but I haven't heard any rumors or anything so I don't know.

BTW, there a link to a 2009 schedule anywhere on the site? I was just curious how they usually schedule things

Actually I heard that a NOLA radio station has been advertising Ozzy as Saturday so fingers crossed for Sunday :D

Actually I heard that a NOLA radio station has been advertising Ozzy as Saturday so fingers crossed for Sunday :D

Huh. You have any links to any rumors like that? Not that I doubt you.

Muse is first on all the line-up lists so far, in front of Ozzy. I guess that could explain that. I'd figure Ozzy would be perfect for Halloween though. I mean, I'd rather have Muse on Halloween because it'd be awesome and we'd get them in costumes (Also the festival ending with Knights would probably be the best ending it could have, to me at least), but for the masses, Ozzy on halloween is just kinda perfect.

I have some feeling that another headliner (I'm thinking Soundgarden) will be added. I'm pretty sure Lenny Kravitz last year wasn't added till late. So,

Friday- Soundgarden

Saturday- Ozzy

Sunday- Muse

That would seem ok. I'm pretty sure they usually don't schedule anyone big against the headliners. Though I guess this could also mean Muse would be Friday and Soundgarden Sunday. Or maybe I'm completely wrong about Soundgarden. I dunno.

Also me and Haley (agenthal) have looked for a 2009 schedule but we can't seem to find any that work. Let me know if you find anything though!

Maybe I'm imagining things but I think the 2009 schedule on the site worked around the time the new line-up came out/right before the new one came out, but now the link is broken.

Huh. You have any links to any rumors like that? Not that I doubt you.

Muse is first on all the line-up lists so far, in front of Ozzy. I guess that could explain that. I'd figure Ozzy would be perfect for Halloween though. I mean, I'd rather have Muse on Halloween because it'd be awesome and we'd get them in costumes (Also the festival ending with Knights would probably be the best ending it could have, to me at least), but for the masses, Ozzy on halloween is just kinda perfect.

I have some feeling that another headliner (I'm thinking Soundgarden) will be added. I'm pretty sure Lenny Kravitz last year wasn't added till late. So,

Friday- Soundgarden

Saturday- Ozzy

Sunday- Muse

That would seem ok. I'm pretty sure they usually don't schedule anyone big against the headliners. Though I guess this could also mean Muse would be Friday and Soundgarden Sunday. Or maybe I'm completely wrong about Soundgarden. I dunno.

Maybe I'm imagining things but I think the 2009 schedule on the site worked around the time the new line-up came out/right before the new one came out, but now the link is broken.

Lenny wasn't added till September last year, and bands like Soundgarden or Arcade Fire or even the Strokes can't promote other shows until Lollapalooza is over in August. Also heres the link to the place where I heard the Ozzy on Saturday rumor:

http://festival-outlook.consequenceofsound.net/fests/view/233/voodoo-experience

Lenny wasn't added till September last year, and bands like Soundgarden or Arcade Fire or even the Strokes can't promote other shows until Lollapalooza is over in August. Also heres the link to the place where I heard the Ozzy on Saturday rumor:

http://festival-outlook.consequenceofsound.net/fests/view/233/voodoo-experience

I would weep great tears of joy if Arcade Fire was added, though I know thats unlikely. They are pretty high on my "bands to see before I die" list. I would also be incredibly excited for The Strokes.

But, are you sure about the not being able to promote shows thing? I know thats probably true for Soundgarden, they have no more dates lined up (They had to play a show under the name of "Nudedragons" earlier this year), are being billed as the top headliner of lolla, and I suppose thats supposed to be like the big reunion show. But the Strokes and Arcade Fire already got other dates lined up, including festival dates. Maybe these were established before Lolla but I'm not sure about them two not being able to promote shows (though i mean i may be wrong i don't actually know any of this for sure). Thats why I figured Soundgarden as more likely than them.

I'm not a huge Soundgarden fan (though I don't mind what I've heard) so I wouldn't really care too much about that addition, but another band like that is always fine, I wouldn't mind seeing them if no one else was playing or maybe another band will be playing at the same time that I wanna see and there will be a smaller crowd.

I'm kinda worried the electronic acts will conflict big time with the other acts. Of those I really mostly wanna see Deadmau5, I don't even know the others well, but I hope he doesn't conflict with anyone big for me.

I would weep great tears of joy if Arcade Fire was added, though I know thats unlikely. They are pretty high on my "bands to see before I die" list. I would also be incredibly excited for The Strokes.

But, are you sure about the not being able to promote shows thing? I know thats probably true for Soundgarden, they have no more dates lined up (They had to play a show under the name of "Nudedragons" earlier this year), are being billed as the top headliner of lolla, and I suppose thats supposed to be like the big reunion show. But the Strokes and Arcade Fire already got other dates lined up, including festival dates. Maybe these were established before Lolla but I'm not sure about them two not being able to promote shows (though i mean i may be wrong i don't actually know any of this for sure). Thats why I figured Soundgarden as more likely than them.

I'm not a huge Soundgarden fan (though I don't mind what I've heard) so I wouldn't really care too much about that addition, but another band like that is always fine, I wouldn't mind seeing them if no one else was playing or maybe another band will be playing at the same time that I wanna see and there will be a smaller crowd.

I'm kinda worried the electronic acts will conflict big time with the other acts. Of those I really mostly wanna see Deadmau5, I don't even know the others well, but I hope he doesn't conflict with anyone big for me.

I think they're just not really able to actively promote other festivals. I know that the Strokes have played a few gigs in the UK, and that Arcade Fire has a couple MSG dates in August. I really have no clue, but as they're both big names I would assume they're under the same rules as Soundgarden

yeah same here about deadmau5. paul oakenfold is a beast too. i'm excited about him.

and of course i keep praying for God to deem the gulf worthy of something great and bring Daft Punk in to do a set. :LOL:

Oh, by the way, another thing that'd be good about Muse playing Sunday, as a headliner they'll probably be playing at the same time as the Saints game that day. The Saints are playing a big time (the Steelers) and its a prime time game, at 7 that night, and from what I've seen and heard, New Orleans folk are really really into their team. This could mean less people there on Sunday night, more people (mostly locals) going to either the game or going to bars/back home to watch it on TV. I mean it won't be a big amount of people, but to me, I figure less people is kinda good because you can get closer to the front easier obviously, and also everyone that were to leave would probably not be huge Muse fans, because otherwise they would stay obviously, so more concentrated amount of people singing along and going crazy and stuff.

Now I may be way overestimating how big the Saints are there, and Muse might not even be Sunday, but I think I would want Muse to be Sunday, not only because its Halloween.

Just thought of that and figured it was worth pointing out

I think they're just not really able to actively promote other festivals. I know that the Strokes have played a few gigs in the UK, and that Arcade Fire has a couple MSG dates in August. I really have no clue, but as they're both big names I would assume they're under the same rules as Soundgarden

I figure that Soundgarden is under those rules because Lolla is like being billed as their big reunion show. Now I know the Strokes went on hiatus but I'm pretty sure the UK gigs were considered their reunion shows. Also, The Strokes are playing a festival in San Francisco (And ACL but thats run by the same people that run Lolla so it doesnt really count) and Arcade Fire are playing some UK festivals and one or two in Canada, as well as having some US tour dates in August. Soundgarden's only date this year thats planned is Lolla. So again I may be wrong but I dont think the Strokes and Arcade Fire are under the same rules.

yeah same here about deadmau5. paul oakenfold is a beast too. i'm excited about him.

and of course i keep praying for God to deem the gulf worthy of something great and bring Daft Punk in to do a set. :LOL:

I should probably look into some of those DJs. I figure the dance tent (According to what I've read they are bringing this back from many years ago, which would explain all the DJs and electronic acts) will basically be where I go when no one I care about is playing though. Unless I'm too tired. Though I suppose I also would wanna check out some of the local New Orleans acts, I've heard some great things about them.

And yes, Daft Punk would be the best thing ever. I'm dying to see them too, they are actually ahead of Arcade Fire on my "Bands/artists to see before I die list" :p

Archived