I just realized you live probably 25 minutes away from me. :LOL:

Maybe I should bring my "don't mess with Texas" shirt?

We should all get shirts like this and wear them :awesome:

But yeah wear it one of the days.

Gah, this wait is killing me, and I still got like over 4 months. This wont be fun.

Sigur Ros is making a new album soonish, like after Jonsi is done with his stuff they are going back to the studio. Most likely a tour will follow and they will come close to here, hopefully. I have to see them this time around.

I had heard the name Sigur Ros multiple times before hand, but I hadn't bothered to listen to them until this festival, because of Jonsi. I haven't listened to a whole lot yet, but I couldnt get into what I listened to. I listened through Jonsi's solo album and loved it, but Sigur just isn't catching on with me yet.

Gah, this wait is killing me, and I still got like over 4 months. This wont be fun.

Invasion of the Texans! I'll try to remember to bring it. A have a mug with that phrase as well, but I don't think that'll come in handy. :p

I had heard the name Sigur Ros multiple times before hand, but I hadn't bothered to listen to them until this festival, because of Jonsi. I haven't listened to a whole lot yet, but I couldnt get into what I listened to. I listened through Jonsi's solo album and loved it, but Sigur just isn't catching on with me yet.

Takk is my favorite album from them. Hoppípolla is one of my favorite songs ever. Svefn-g-englar is really awesome too.

they are hard to get into. i'm not completely into everything yet, you just have to listen a lot to finally get it.

Hoppipola in the Children of Men preview sold both the movie and the band for me. Seen them 4 times and Jonsi once. they come to Vancouver more than Muse so i've seen them more than i've seen Muse hahahahhaahha.

were they amazing?:eek:

Takk is my favorite album from them. Hoppípolla is one of my favorite songs ever. Svefn-g-englar is really awesome too.

Takk was the one I was told to listen to by my friend whose a fan. Eh, I'll give it another shot in the next few days. Does seem like something thats gotta grow on you.

Yeah you'll have to listen a lot for it to sink in.

Jonsi has distinctive form and with Sigur ros the music is more free and less structured so to me that's why it's difficult to get into. I still love it though. Just hard to get others to listen to them because they give up.

lol are you guys going to wear costumes?

absolutely.

Hopefully so! Except mine has a corset so we'll see... I may only last one day in it. :LOL: But I want to attempt steampunk, I need goggles!

I asked my friend what we should dress up as for it, and she said "let's do steampunk". So there could be a gaggle of us dressed as Victorian wackos. :LOL: I'm pretty excited. It's a genre I've been interested in since I saw Vash the Stampede when I was like 13. The only thing is I would love to the whole dress, corset, stockings bit, but I'm not sure how practical it would be or how comfortable I'd be. So I'm leaning closer towards a female engineer or adventurer. That way I could wear pants, awesome boots, and goggles or a monocle. THIS IS LONG. But I am excited.

I asked my friend what we should dress up as for it, and she said "let's do steampunk". So there could be a gaggle of us dressed as Victorian wackos. :LOL: I'm pretty excited. It's a genre I've been interested in since I saw Vash the Stampede when I was like 13. The only thing is I would love to the whole dress, corset, stockings bit, but I'm not sure how practical it would be or how comfortable I'd be. So I'm leaning closer towards a female engineer or adventurer. That way I could wear pants, awesome boots, and goggles or a monocle. THIS IS LONG. But I am excited.

Trigun! :D I absolutely love steampunk pirate, but the leather pirate hats are expensive. I have most of the accessories that I collected at anime cons, like the corset, 2 guns, weird metal binocular things, etc. and the boots, it's just the goggles and the clothing I really need! The problem is anything good steampunk costs a fortune, so unless you can make it yourself, it really takes awhile to put together an outfit.

Trigun! :D I absolutely love steampunk pirate, but the leather pirate hats are expensive. I have most of the accessories that I collected at anime cons, like the corset, 2 guns, weird metal binocular things, etc. and the boots, it's just the goggles and the clothing I really need! The problem is anything good steampunk costs a fortune, so unless you can make it yourself, it really takes awhile to put together an outfit.

It was my favvvvvorite show. I've been scouring the net looking for things. There are some ridiculously gorgeous goggles on etsy, but they're really expensive like we've said before (so nice. so expensive). I've been able to find a few titems that I didn't think were too over priced. And etsy has also been good for some little trinket stuff. Luckily we've got a few awesome costume shops in my city, so I'm going to dig through them and see what I can find.

It was my favvvvvorite show. I've been scouring the net looking for things. There are some ridiculously gorgeous goggles on etsy, but they're really expensive like we've said before (so nice. so expensive). I've been able to find a few titems that I didn't think were too over priced. And etsy has also been good for some little trinket stuff. Luckily we've got a few awesome costume shops in my city, so I'm going to dig through them and see what I can find.

Yeah, the problem is you really don't want to buy that stuff on etsy before seeing how it looks on first. Hence, your best bet is to go to a convention to buy steampunk stuff. :D

Archived