muse was at vhq (aus music channel) and they always come out through this door so meeting them was inevidable..it was sorta brief though, it doesnt matter. i challenged matt to a game of handball which went a lot like this:

Me: you wanna play a quick game of handball?

matt: what, sorry?

me: *louder* would you like to verse me in a quick game of handball? *holds up ball*

matt: whaa? i dont understand you

me: just sign the ball please

matt: oooh, you want me to sign it?

me: no, but yes *grins*

matt: *weird look* alright then..

yep. very stange. but i now i wish i had asked one more time. third time lucky eh? dom and chris were positivly brilliant too. chirs just grins and says 'thankyou' and 'cheers' alot,..same with dom, though he gives you a somthering look, then grins. and then 'cheers' or in this case ' cheers MAYTE'.

some advise. just follow the group of people slinking off behind the venue. those are the smart, ingenius people who know what they;re doing..

Lol thanks everyone for the advice!!! You were all a great help, because I WAS ABLE TO MEET ALL THREE OF 'EM! :D A lot of it has to do with the fact that I went like, 6 hours early. Me and my friends were the first ones there apart from two other girls heh :b But yes the boys were all very nice. I nearly didn't meet them 'cause I was off getting food :eek: ... but my friend Grace found me in time! Anyway I was able to get a picture with them all and have them sign stuff too, so it was all good ;) But I didn't really say anything... I was too nervous and in awe of them. I wish I could have at least said something other than my name and "could you sign this?" but oh well. While I was off eating, with Grace off looking for me, my friend Christine was able to stand around with Matt, Dom, and Tom, and Dom gave her a shirt!!! And she even had a conversation with them !!! You can just imagine my jealousy...lol! Oh and when Grace and Christine had first bumped into them, she told Matt to hold on for a sec so she could go find me because "my friend's obsessed with you and would piss her pants if she knew we met you without her" or something along those lines :LOL: Anyway....they need to come back soon! The show was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I could stand waiting another year/2 years before they come back :ohmy:

Hey, good on you. :) Muse are so nice to their fans...I had such great conversations with them, if I hadn't of been so drunk perhaps they would have been slightly more coherent.

Oh gay. I lost a favourite bra to t-shirt signing on the last day of school :( well worth it though! How did you make the Wolstenholme shirt? Is it a computer program or something?

I made the graphic on a computer program and then bought tshirt transfer paper for NZ$8.99 for 2 sheets, printed on it with any old inkjet printer and made my friend iron it on for me. Usually they last pretty long, but having it across my chest on a fitted tee didn't help as it had to stretch (although for me, not by much :LOL:) and the moshpit meant my arm quite often was stuck across it. Glad I had two sheets, I tried it on a black tshirt/white text and it faded...so I bought glowinthedark fabric paint but that definitely would have not survived in the pit (looked arse in the light and I didn't think I could convince Chris to come into a dark room with me to prove how cool it was) but is very cool.

Now Chris has made me I have to go bra shopping...wish I could be bothered.

Lol thanks everyone for the advice!!! You were all a great help, because I WAS ABLE TO MEET ALL THREE OF 'EM! :D A lot of it has to do with the fact that I went like, 6 hours early. Me and my friends were the first ones there apart from two other girls heh :b But yes the boys were all very nice. I nearly didn't meet them 'cause I was off getting food :eek: ... but my friend Grace found me in time! Anyway I was able to get a picture with them all and have them sign stuff too, so it was all good ;) But I didn't really say anything... I was too nervous and in awe of them. I wish I could have at least said something other than my name and "could you sign this?" but oh well. While I was off eating, with Grace off looking for me, my friend Christine was able to stand around with Matt, Dom, and Tom, and Dom gave her a shirt!!! And she even had a conversation with them !!! You can just imagine my jealousy...lol! Oh and when Grace and Christine had first bumped into them, she told Matt to hold on for a sec so she could go find me because "my friend's obsessed with you and would piss her pants if she knew we met you without her" or something along those lines :LOL: Anyway....they need to come back soon! The show was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I could stand waiting another year/2 years before they come back :ohmy:

well done thats really excellent i've only ever seen them at afestival last monthy but i didnt get to meet them , i would love to but its hard in england, anyone goit any ideas!!

go for the band members that the groupies normally avoid. in this case, that'd be chris. he's my favourite anyway, but if you give them attention first, you're more likely to be seen as a fan, rather than a matt groupie. I was chatting to chris before the metro's gig, and a few clueless girls in the queue saw matt pass briefly and I overheard one say to the other: "that's... ummm.. the guy from muse... i think... i'm sure it was!" so I said "nah, it was their guitar tech, he looks like matt though, eh?" and they believed me.

I'm not necessarily saying this about these particular girls... but you can be a big fan of a band without knowing what any of them fucking look like. I went quite a while without really grasping what the guys from muse look like, and I only got around to remembering all their names maybe this time last year, yet they have been a favourite band of mine since Showbiz. I wouldn't call myself a clueless fan though cause of this. I knew all their music.. I consider that as being enough.

Hey!

I'm seeing Muse in 2 days ( :cool: ) and I HAVE to meet them! LOL I live in the US and it's not like this oppurtunity will come up often... so I was wondering, are they easy to meet? Do they usually have tight security? Keep in mind that they aren't as popular over here as they are in the UK.

But anyway, do they usually walk about before and/or after the show? I mean they must get bored... I dunno :confused:

For those of you who have met Muse, when, where and how did it happen? I MUST KNOW! :LOL: I am obsessed... :unsure:

I've never met muse, but i love your sig. :D

• 2 years later...

I went to the manchester gig on November 10th and was gonna wait behind afterwards but i forgot to mention it to my bruv before wer were half way to the car! sooo annoyed, i would wait a whole day just to meet muse, i would even give my guitar (The one thing i would NEVER give away) away to meet Matt, Dom and Chris. I wanted them to come to my school (10HJ form at Jo Ro York) to like be in my lessons to like see what its like being like the only muse fan in the school! and then to like play a gig in the hall after lunch, and like played any songs we asked for! that would be probs the best day of my life! Just meeting them would make it the best day of my life. wouldnt it be kwl if they played in your skool tho cos there wouldnt be like millions of people there so you would get a gd view and in our school the hall like isnt that big so you would get a really gd view even if you were at the back. You would get well good pictures too. =P When i went to the manchester gig tho i was sitting and i wasnt close but i could still see them sort of, but i would love to been standing, if anyone has any pictures of them with the guys can you post them up plz???? hehe, thanx people!!!!! :)

It's not easy to meet them in the UK anymore. I waited 5 times, for several hours each time, but my time didn't come.

Matt waved to me twice, and Dom waved once.

I did get to speak to Tom, but seeing as he's not a member of the band, that's not a massive thing in my life. Was cool though...

Hey!

I'm seeing Muse in 2 days ( :cool: ) and I HAVE to meet them! LOL I live in the US and it's not like this oppurtunity will come up often... so I was wondering, are they easy to meet? Do they usually have tight security? Keep in mind that they aren't as popular over here as they are in the UK.

But anyway, do they usually walk about before and/or after the show? I mean they must get bored... I dunno :confused:

For those of you who have met Muse, when, where and how did it happen? I MUST KNOW! :LOL: I am obsessed... :unsure:

On the contrary, if you live in the US, you're more likely to see them. They play smaller venues there so less people go to see them, and there are less "scary" types obsessed about seeing them after gigs.

Although if you get the wrong night, you're screwed regardless.

[All of this may have been said before, but fucked if I'm reading 4 pages.]

its slighly annoying these thing sjust never happen at muse gigs anymore in the uk because they are so huge. to be honest i think if they did signings again it would serisouly help thier single sales, think of it, muses main fan base = album buyers so no one buys singles hense the reason starlight didnt do particually well. if they did a few record signings in this countrys major citys, basically the ones they play on the tour , which each signing being say 500 wristban holders who have to buy a single to gain entry then that would be about 5000 more copies sold which in this day and age can move you up several places in the single charts plus it would be quite a nice favour to the fans. never ever happen though.

I was very lucky on the tour.

I met Chris and Matt after the show at Belfast, just by waiting by the bus. But there was so many of us waiting there it was just a rushed signature thing. In fact, Matt used my pen to sign stuff with but never actually got round to signing for me. Which I found highly amusing!

I met all of them in Aberdeen after waiting for over 2 hours. It was late and freezing but they still took the time to come over to speak to the 9 of us waiting. I got all their signatures and a photo with Dom, which I wont post here because its huge and I have no idea about re-sizing and stuff. Its in the 'My Muse Tour' thread anyway.

I saw Chris at the Aftershow in Nottingham but didnt speak to him as he always seemed to be mid conversation with other people and I didnt want to interupt! He did pose for a photo with us though :)

And then there was the running into Matt at the hotel incident in London. The whole story is in my tour diary. But basicly, I panicked and totally pretended I hadnt seen him. It didnt seem the right time to talk to him and I was afraid I might look like a stalker or something!!

I would be happy if i saw them performing ^^

I never did :( :(

:yesey:

I was there too!! I got to meet them about 1/2 an hr before they went on!! They're such great guys, and they gave me their Absolution Platinum cd which has my name printed on it!! :D

:eek: post pic!

pics, please? cheers! :D

In Portland I waited for 2 fucking hours for them to come out. About a dozen of us fans were left. Matt signed two autographs then walked back to the bus. Chris and Dom came out and chatted a while. I had to leave when 2 grown men got down on their knees, begging Matt to come back out. I'll do it again, though. And again, and again.

From what I've read about them recently I get the impression they don't enjoy signings/meeting fans, maybe because they are so popular now they probably find fans too obsessive.

i don't think so.. they seem happy to pose for photos/sign stuff.. in moderation.

Archived