Battle of the Bands - Cavern Club, Exeter, 1995

honey_sucks

Nah, no photos or nothing like that. We didn't know then what they'd become. Legend has it, though, that I lent Chris my bass guitar strap 'cos his broke. I don't remember though 'cos I was hammered. Maybe one day he'll confirm this himself ... somewhere ... somehow ...!

I don't suppose for one minute anyone remembers Muse playing at Battle of the Bands at the Cavern Club in Exeter in 1995? I was in a band called Honey Sucks at the time and we beat them in the semi-final. My claim to fame!

That's so cool! :happy: If it's the legandary Battle of the Bands that Muse are always on about, what was their performance like? Did they really have naked women on stage? :stunned::LOL:

That wasn't the one where they painted their faces all gothic like was it? Man I'd love to see pics of that

oh god me too!! that would be legendary!

dam thwy dont they do the gothic makeup for wembly? that would be ace!

I have deffo read an interview where they claim to have won the BOTB '95 - I remember Matt saying in an interview that they couldnt play anything and were rubbish but they just had loads of energy and got the crowd going and finished the set by trashing everything and that this was A defining moment when he realised that it wasnt just about the music - it was about evoking emotion and reaction in the listeners and thats what makes a great band.....

... or summat like that!!!

Archived