Jimmyneutron

GRAND FINAL DISCUSSION THREAD

2010 MUSE SONG WORLD CUP FINAL

KNIGHTS OF CYDONIA v STOCKHOLM SYNDROME

VOTING KICKS OFF: MONDAY, MAY 17.

8:30PM AEST (AUS)

11:30AM GMT (UK)

6:30AM EST (USA)

Pre-Match Discussion about the biggest Song Showdown on these boards.

State your case as to why your favourite song should win the final, and be crowned as the Best Muse Song released so far. Post your favourite live videos, what each song means to you, and why it should win. The best reasons put forward for each song winning will be published in the match header when the game commences.

Both songs have a strong case for winning, and are no doubt deserving finalists. The match kicks off on Monday, at the times listed above.

Get Talking!

Link to Discussion Thread including Match Schedule and Results.

Guest Sarah-x

SS to win!!! :D

thats where my vote will be going.

man this is more exicting than the election in britain when i voted for the first time :chuckle:

I have nothing against Knights of Cydonia: it's an excellent song, one of their best in recent years, but I love Stockholm Syndrome. Without it, Absolution would be be a much lesser album. It's a brilliant song. The opening riff is easily one of their best, and gets you into the song straight away. The verses build up perfectly to the chorus, which is the part that makes the song for me. It is very emotional, partly because of the vocals, and the backing piano. This is one of their best live songs, it also has some of the most entertaining drums in a Muse song, and it's one of their most lyrically interesting songs. Some people say it's shallow, and repetitive, but I think it is a perfect length, and I think it's one of their most emotional songs..

Anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NEc6jojLrU

It's not being embedded, for some reason.

it's kind of ridiculous, becuase Knights is SO GOOD. I mean it's an incredible epic amazing song. But then, SS is BETTER. Having trouble wrapping my mind around it :rolleyes: but SS will definitely get my vote.

(NSC side note: if I heard a 30 second clip of SS for the first time and it was just the chorus... my opinion of the song would be a hell of a lot different)

Knights of Cydonia. Because it's music for a futurist western, is incredibly epic, has an amazing riff and has the catchiest lyrical refrain I've ever heard, and utterly decimates 'i've got soul but I'm not a soldier' which is the second catchiest refrain ever. it's awesome live. It's awesome on guitar hero. It's video is possibly muse's best. It's unlike anything else muse have ever done, or any other band for that matter. And it manages to be musically brilliant even though it's very cheesy

SS is great, but boring in comparison!

Knights of Cydonia. Because it's music for a futurist western, is incredibly epic, has an amazing riff and has the catchiest lyrical refrain I've ever heard, and utterly decimates 'i've got soul but I'm not a soldier' which is the second catchiest refrain ever. it's awesome live. It's awesome on guitar hero. It's video is possibly muse's best. It's unlike anything else muse have ever done, or any other band for that matter. And it manages to be musically brilliant even though it's very cheesy

:indiff:

be that as it may, it is still shit compared to SS, as that is amazing on a galactic scale, KOC is actually appalling when you compare the songs.

Stockholm Syndrome is Sex on drugs blasted orgasmically through your ears in passion.

I have nothing against Knights of Cydonia: it's an excellent song, one of their best in recent years, but I love Stockholm Syndrome. Without it, Absolution would be be a much lesser album. It's a brilliant song. The opening riff is easily one of their best, and gets you into the song straight away. The verses build up perfectly to the chorus, which is the part that makes the song for me. It is very emotional, partly because of the vocals, and the backing piano. This is one of their best live songs, it also has some of the most entertaining drums in a Muse song, and it's one of their most lyrically interesting songs. Some people say it's shallow, and repetitive, but I think it is a perfect length, and I think it's one of their most emotional songs..

Anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NEc6jojLrU

It's not being embedded, for some reason.

happy to embed SS for u.

I am a huge fan of Stockholm Syndrome.

But I actually don't know what to vote for here. :eek:

Stockholm gives me goosebumps. It's amazing, emotional, and intense... I don't care what other people say, about it beign repetitive and shallow. I disagree. It used to be a huuuuge monster live a few years ago, and it's still pretty decent now. All things taken into account, live/studio/lyrical/instrumental/emotional, etc... It's immense.

BUT.

Knights of Cydonia is probably one of Muse's best works. It's intense, well thought out, and showcases a lot of the boys' talents. It's a rollercoaster that goes through so many genres and feelings in six minutes... I think it's better than Exogenesis. It's a fucking masterpiece.

I don't know where my vote will go.

Stockholm gives me goosebumps. It's amazing, emotional, and intense... I don't care what other people say, about it beign repetitive and shallow. I disagree. It used to be a huuuuge monster live a few years ago, and it's still pretty decent now. All things taken into account, live/studio/lyrical/instrumental/emotional, etc... It's immense.

BUT.

Knights of Cydonia is probably one of Muse's best works. It's intense, well thought out, and showcases a lot of the boys' talents. It's a rollercoaster that goes through so many genres and feelings in six minutes... I think it's better than Exogenesis. It's a fucking masterpiece.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

please don't let SS and me down, SS deserves this, you know it. Please come on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTRI81tlgqw

BUT.

This. Two Best Live songs ever. I don' think they should be judged on live videos from 6 years ago though. I think we should compare 2 videos from one recent show, maybe seattle or something! I still haven't made up m mind, although I'm leaning toward Knights as it has placed muse in the echelon of rock gods among not just muse fans, but others as well.

This. Two Best Live songs ever. I don' think they should be judged on live videos from 6 years ago though. I think we should compare 2 videos from one recent show, maybe seattle or something! I still haven't made up m mind, although I'm leaning toward Knights as it has placed muse in the echelon of rock gods among not just muse fans, but others as well.

muse were better 6 years ago though to be fair and that is like not judging Shostakovich just cos he is older than 6 years, if muse peaked 6 years ago then they can win on that basis imo

if you want to play that way then I say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bISsdeGgI00

the guitar part in the final chorus is full of win and sex......

Second Point: SS uses the Gillarati (however you spell that) and knights dosen't so KOC should be disqualified cos to win a MSWC it has to use the iconic music machine of Bellamy

If Knights of Cydonia doesn't win then I'll [overreacting threat that will never happen if Stockholm Syndrome does in fact win]

If SS doesn't win then KOC will become the worst piece of music in the history of existence

imo:

Stockholm Syndrome > New Born > Dead Star > The Small Print > Exogenesis > Citizen Erased > Map of the Problematique > Space Dementia > MK Ultra > Hysteria > Showbiz > Bliss > Undisclosed desires > Ruled By Secrecy > Plug In baby > Sing For Aboslution > Micro Cuts > Blackout > Eternally Missed > Fury > Muscle Museum > Resistance > Butterflies and Hurricanes > Supermassive Black Hole > Time is Running Out > Uprising > Hoodoo > Sunburn > Knights Of Cydonia > Starlight >>>>>>>>> Feeling Good + Guiding Light

Archived