Muse Song World Cup: Final Discussion.

Jimmyneutron

People only think SS defines them live because of the extra three or four minutes of riffage that follow, and that can't be counted as SS, its an outro, not the song. They could easily give the same love to New Born, Bliss, Assassin, Unnatural Selection or MK Ultra as a closer. KoC is a better song when you strip SS down to what it actually is.

And I still hate the way Matt does the SS chorus live, can't put my finger on what it is but it's just never right.

trust me, SS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KOC as a song, no outro invloved. SS is just amazing. I think KOC is shit live cos it lacks the high vocals which are the only thing I like about the song

I'm voting by studio version. Your silly live version pleas will not convince me D: < :p

I vote studio and Live. I would say that Studio:

SS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Koc

and Live:

SS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KOC

the margin is just slightly bigger in studio

SS for the Win!!!!!!!!!

I vote studio and Live. I would say that Studio:

SS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Koc

and Live:

SS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KOC

the margin is just slightly bigger in studio

SS for the Win!!!!!!!!!

I have a strong feeling you like KoC a lot. :shifty:

I'm voting by studio version. Your silly live version pleas will not convince me D: < :p

Good man, Live is fine but the extended riffs and outros just shouldn't count.

trust me, SS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KOC as a song, no outro invloved. SS is just amazing. I think KOC is shit live cos it lacks the high vocals which are the only thing I like about the song

WHAT!? KoC's high vocals are way more prominent live than on the studio version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2oRY7W_WUs

2:26 onwards,

4:48 onwards,

also, 6:58 as a bonus

Sounded pretty high to me.

People only think SS defines them live because of the extra three or four minutes of riffage that follow, and that can't be counted as SS, its an outro, not the song. They could easily give the same love to New Born, Bliss, Assassin, Unnatural Selection or MK Ultra as a closer. KoC is a better song when you strip SS down to what it actually is.

And I still hate the way Matt does the SS chorus live, can't put my finger on what it is but it's just never right.

If you strip any song down to what it actually is, it's just noise. We're meant to judge the song. Which means everything about it, including the way it makes people feel, although I am with you about the whole four minute riffage thing, it shouldn't count.

We should only be judging the studio versions imo

Gotta love how this thread's just turned into people swapping marginally different SS videos now.

+1

there's already enough on here, give it a rest

btw, Stockholm Syndrome for the win :awesome:

Good man, Live is fine but the extended riffs and outros just shouldn't count.

WHAT!? KoC's high vocals are way more prominent live than on the studio version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2oRY7W_WUs

2:26 onwards,

4:48 onwards,

also, 6:58 as a bonus

Sounded pretty high to me.

mybad, I didn't make myself clear. I mean the added high octave on "no ones going to take us alive". That is there on the studio, but live matt sings the low octave and Chris is on the fifth so we miss out on the top octave.

They definately made that line sound awesome in the Abbey Road recording though. You said it sounded shit live because it lacked the high vocals, that one line being done slightly differently doesn't make or break a 6+ minute song. :)

yeh I know :$ I love KOC, but I get all emotional when any song threatens SS

SS needs to NOT one of these tournaments. Just once. Please.

come on, why does everybody keep saying SS wins, then call me a noob when I say it dosen't. I then ask what it has won and nobody can tell me cos SS NEVER WINS argh!!

come on, why does everybody keep saying SS wins, then call me a noob when I say it dosen't. I then ask what it has won and nobody can tell me cos SS NEVER WINS argh!!

It won the Muse Song tournament around 6 months ago, which was the last one of these style tournaments. Beat Citizen Erased from memory, correct me if i'm wrong

You've all really got to admit, SS has lost its luster live. It was so great at Glastonbury- It was everyone's favourite song. But now, you can really tell that the crowds have tamed down.

Knights never seems to get old. The light show, the audience singing along to the guitar solo, the punches in the air to the beat- It gives off such a great atmosphere. It's just uncomparable. It's definitely one of the most fun songs live, if not the most fun. :awesome: Even the studio version.

SS gets repetitive, and I always seem to lose interest halfway through the song. Knights just seems so much more interesting, and unique.

SS had its time. That was 2003 - 2005. It was a truly great song, but to me, it just seems to have gotten old.

By the looks of it, Stockholm is going to win. AGAIN. :(

SS doesn't need the extra riffage to be awesome live,for example with this performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqfrFRT7GBk

You've all really got to admit, SS has lost its luster live. It was so great at Glastonbury- It was everyone's favourite song. But now, you can really tell that the crowds have tamed down.

Knights never seems to get old. The light show, the audience singing along to the guitar solo, the punches in the air to the beat- It gives off such a great atmosphere. It's just uncomparable. It's definitely one of the most fun songs live, if not the most fun. :awesome: Even the studio version.

SS gets repetitive, and I always seem to lose interest halfway through the song. Knights just seems so much more interesting, and unique.

SS had its time. That was 2003 - 2005. It was a truly great song, but to me, it just seems to have gotten old.

Right now, I love you. +billion

Are people actually trying to compare the now piss-weak Stockholm Syndrome to KoC

Stockholm is the worst song on absolution, 2 minute build up for a 10 second solo? come on, when Invincible has a better solo than you, you know something's up.

SS's always had to be backed up with riffs for this very reason, without them, it's empty and soulless, it's the kind of formulaic "rock" that was all over MTV2 at the time, KoC has something unique, a certain je ne sais quoi about it, it makes 6 minutes feel like 2,

as for factoring in riffs (which I don't believe in - let the songs stand on their own merits, not with all these pathetic extraneous "jams" which Muse seem to be hell-bent on cramming in), Man with a Harmonica is far better than anything tacked on to the end of SS

Archived