Muse Song World Cup: Final Discussion.

Jimmyneutron

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

please don't let SS and me down, SS deserves this, you know it. Please come on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTRI81tlgqw

Both songs deserve it, they're both amazing, live and on record. They're two of Muse's best.

But I think SS just has the edge. It has the best chorus Muse have ever written so for that reason my vote will go to SS.

I'm sorry but KoC DEFINES Muse. KoC = Muse. You could put that in a dictionary. SS does not compare at all. It is too repetitive.

Knights is fucking repetitive the verse is the same in just different keys, and the outro riff just keeps on repeating, the " No-one can take us alive " bit is just the same over again and KOC just sounds distinctly average.

KOC only defines BH&R era, nothing else.

Knights is fucking repetitive the verse is the same in just different keys, and the outro riff just keeps on repeating, the " No-one can take us alive " bit is just the same over again and KOC just sounds distinctly average.

KOC only defines BH&R era, nothing else.

Knights? Average? Um, no.

it just dosen't move me as much as SS or indeed a lot of other muse songs, I prefer UD for example

You what...?

I honestly can't decide between SS and KoC, they're both in my top 5 and both incredibly amazing. Ugh! :LOL::(:p

it just dosen't move me as much as SS or indeed a lot of other muse songs, I prefer UD for example

:facepalm:

UD is a good tune, but its no rock song. But if you are saying you prefer UD over KOC well then Im right there with you! KOC is good, but IMO its overplayed, and gotten too "anthemy". Its like Muse's flagship song that is played everywhere. Id like to hear more Showbiz and OoS played live.

and has the catchiest lyrical refrain I've ever heard, and utterly decimates 'i've got soul but I'm not a soldier' which is the second catchiest refrain ever.

Which only narrowly beats 'I've got ham but I'm not a hamster.'

be that as it may, it is still shit compared to SS, as that is amazing on a galactic scale, KOC is actually appalling when you compare the songs..

Woah, no way. I don't think SS is that much better. :p

happy to embed SS for u.

Thanks, no idea what I did wrong.

If SS doesn't win then KOC will become the worst piece of music in the history of existence

imo:

Stockholm Syndrome > New Born > Dead Star > The Small Print > Exogenesis > Citizen Erased > Map of the Problematique > Space Dementia > MK Ultra > Hysteria > Showbiz > Bliss > Undisclosed desires > Ruled By Secrecy > Plug In baby > Sing For Aboslution > Micro Cuts > Blackout > Eternally Missed > Fury > Muscle Museum > Resistance > Butterflies and Hurricanes > Supermassive Black Hole > Time is Running Out > Uprising > Hoodoo > Sunburn > Knights Of Cydonia > Starlight >>>>>>>>> Feeling Good + Guiding Light

I'd put Knights much higher than most of the songs there.

I do not understand how others find Knights better than SS :erm: SS defines Muse live.

SS defines how muse used to be live. Nuts, insane, going crazy, enerrrrrgyyyyyyyy

but still its better than knights, if only it was performed these days like it was in 04. :D

IMO, SS is hands down their greatest song. When I listen to it, I'm simultaneously exhilerated and emotional. The passion in that song is undeniable. Knights is a great song, no doubt, but SS makes you feel something. The riff is amazing, the bass in the beginning is sex, and if you haven't tapped out the beat on your lap or desk, something is wrong with you.

SS. For. The. M-effin. Win.

That is all.

SS was a nice new side of the spectrum, presenting apocalyptic rock with a personal touch and glimmers of beauty interwoven throughout, but it's too far on one end of the spectrum to be the winner and define them.

Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm1Fj8n6kWw

KoC doesn't even need lyrics to have outstanding vocals, Ha! Ya! Ya!

Matt even said himself in the Get close with Muse interviews that it would be the KoC Riff that he'd want remembered as the greatness of Muse!

So much :srsb33f: in this thread,it's awesome:chuckle:.

SS is the definition of Muse,great riff with a powerful bassline and drums,great chorus and lyrics,epic monster live,it's the song that made me love Muse.KOC is a great song to rock out too,but doesn't have much depth as SS does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUAlh6a6en4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKMeDpVdGko&feature=related

As much as I do enjoy listening to KoC over and over and over and over, I enjoy SS much more than KoC definitely. SS does, indeed, define Muse live, and you can't really argue with that, especially in any way with Knights of Cydonia.

To state my opinion, I have this crazy-ass video from Pink Pop in the Netherlands.

Matthew Bellamy, literally, rips apart the drum set Dom has been playing on and throws it across the stage, not to say that is why I enjoy it so much, it is definitely my favorite live performance of SS, ever.

-edit-

The embed code failed completely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDyJindQEio

As much as I do enjoy listening to KoC over and over and over and over, I enjoy SS much more than KoC definitely. SS does, indeed, define Muse live, and you can't really argue with that, especially in any way with Knights of Cydonia.

To state my opinion, I have this crazy-ass video from Pink Pop in the Netherlands.

Matthew Bellamy, literally, rips apart the drum set Dom has been playing on and throws it across the stage, not to say that is why I enjoy it so much, it is definitely my favorite live performance of SS, ever.

-edit-

The embed code failed completely

done!!

As much as I do enjoy listening to KoC over and over and over and over, I enjoy SS much more than KoC definitely. SS does, indeed, define Muse live, and you can't really argue with that, especially in any way with Knights of Cydonia

People only think SS defines them live because of the extra three or four minutes of riffage that follow, and that can't be counted as SS, its an outro, not the song. They could easily give the same love to New Born, Bliss, Assassin, Unnatural Selection or MK Ultra as a closer. KoC is a better song when you strip SS down to what it actually is.

And I still hate the way Matt does the SS chorus live, can't put my finger on what it is but it's just never right.

Archived