9. Beck and Bat For Lashes – “Let’s Get Lost”

10. Vampire Weekend – “Jonathan Low”

11. ______________

12. ______________

13. ______________

14. ______________

15. ______________

Let's get some things straight.

People understand why Muse would contribute to the Eclipse soundtrack. It's gonna get them new fans and a load of dosh.

However it's ludicrous that some Muse fans get offended that some of us aren't exactly warming to the fact that Muse have actually written a song for the blasted film, and worst still, put "Love is Forever" in the title.

I'm praying the song will be good, maybe it will be (!), but the whole way Muse have gone about this automatically triggers images (or sounds, whatever) of a cheesy ballad, ala Guiding Light or maybe Starlight if we're really lucky, with a cheesy video interspersed with clips of the film.

Maybe that's something that some fans will like, warm to or not mind, but for me it's completely anti-the rock and roll ethos that Muse used to have. For all their comments about trying to be a band that go against the flow, they seem to be evolving into a bland pop act. If I may use a stereotype just this once, [erhaps it's selfish, but I'd much rather see Muse playing riffs and being unpredictable on stage than singing shmultzy songs titled Love is Forever to 12 old girls.

[/end elitist fanboy misery guts rant]

It's not a case of getting over it. I just stop listening to them. It's called expressing your worries as a fan.

I've seen about a hundred essays in this thread complaining about their appearance on the soundtrack. Boo hoo. It's not the end of the world. As you said just listen to other music. Simples. Lifes too short to sit around complaining.

I've seen about a hundred essays in this thread complaining about their appearance on the soundtrack. Boo hoo. It's not the end of the world. As you said just listen to other music. Simples. Lifes too short to sit around complaining.

What do you think a blooming internet forum is for? :LOL:

This^. Its getting very boring

Archived