Prague, Popcorn (granted it was a fun throw away song), Soaked, and now this monstrosity. Might as well throw in the I Belong To You "remix" since we're talking about garbage.

Soaked was recorded around the time of Black Holes & Revelations (and was never released), and IBTY Remix was barely serious at all.

Popcorn was great. NSC is for TWILIGHT.

some people keep comparing NSC to older muse songs, but do they really listen to (and actually like) all these old songs? try comparing this to bedroom acoustic or hate this n ill love you, for example, NSC is better IMO. (dont compare this to citizen erased, its not on the same class of epicness)

NSC has its own weak parts: the lyrics, some might say. or the chorus, arpeggios or whatever. but not every song is perfect for everyone. Spiral static for example, is an old song. it has great chorus, i love it. and thats the only part of the song that i actually like.the intro part or verse is just not my taste. but as a whole i love spiral static.

and i quite love NSC too.

:unsure:

Aww, don't be hatin' on Hate this & I'll Love You!

I just wish the intro wasn't there. Or it was different, it's my least favorite part of the song.

Agreed, it seems a bit mismatched with the rest of the song. The same could be said of the piano outro, although it sounds cool it doesn't quite match.

Agreed, it seems a bit mismatched with the rest of the song. The same could be said of the piano outro, although it sounds cool it doesn't quite match.

I definitely like it more than the intro, all of the backround sounds with the piano make it sound kinda awesome.

That was the first mass exodus...quite a few people left after that. Every album has people leaving. I know a few people who have already gone, one of two collector friends were so uninspired by their recent activity they sold off their entire collections...some extremely rare things I haven't even seen before.

And lots of people have said they're off after Wembley. Which is fair enough, bands change over a decade while people don't, so this sorta thing isn't unusual.

I actually think this is how it should be, well maybe not selling off back catalogues, that's just daft, but the band do what they want, and then fans either stick around or move on.

The trouble happens when people feel unable to move on and then we get these endless marathons of moaning which doesn't do anyone any good at all. Not all, but a lot of it is from the same people again and again and again about everything.

I wonder if some of the problem is the other sections. People stick around to post in non-muse sections which keeps them hanging around and then they can't resist coming in to show their displeasure.

The internet has a lot to answer for!

Anyway very sweet and enjoyable song! Still! :) Glad I can just enjoy Muse without treating everything they do as if it's a matter of life or death.

I wish people would stop worrying so much over one song, as if this song was their one chance to prove themselves or whatever. Matt wrote this at a personal time. It is very personal to him. He just needed to get it all out of his system. I seriously doubt that this will indicate what they do in the future.

That said, I like the song and after knowing the meaning of it I can forgive its cheesyness, and I actually fell lots of emotion in it - it makes me feel sad :(

I wish people would stop worrying so much over one song, as if this song was their one chance to prove themselves or whatever. Matt wrote this at a personal time. It is very personal to him. He just needed to get it all out of his system. I seriously doubt that this will indicate what they do in the future.

That said, I like the song and after knowing the meaning of it I can forgive its cheesyness, and I actually fell lots of emotion in it - it makes me feel sad :(

Most of the people don't really just worry about this song, it's just one step further down a hole full of cheese and shit.

I think the intro is interesting.

It's that tentative step before entering a relationship.

The entire song is about the cycle of a relationship. The slow beginning, the happy middle and the depressing end.

I find the ending really nice and romantic...

I actually think this is how it should be, well maybe not selling off back catalogues, that's just daft, but the band do what they want, and then fans either stick around or move on.

The trouble happens when people feel unable to move on and then we get these endless marathons of moaning which doesn't do anyone any good at all. Not all, but a lot of it is from the same people again and again and again about everything.

I wonder if some of the problem is the other sections. People stick around to post in non-muse sections which keeps them hanging around and then they can't resist coming in to show their displeasure.

The internet has a lot to answer for!

Anyway very sweet and enjoyable song! Still! :) Glad I can just enjoy Muse without treating everything they do as if it's a matter of life or death.

No offence, but non-muse has ALWAYS been there. Why is it a problem now, all of a sudden? You treat banter as if it's a pest that should be exterminated. How is that healthy?

We all already know that you'd prefer it if anyone who wasn't "ZOMG MY00ZEEEE!!!!" all the time went elsewhere so that nothing but positive things could be said, but that just ain't going to happen. If someone moans, ignore it. I'm sure Muse don't need you to defend them to the bitter end, they're big enough and old enough to look after themselves.

I find the ending really nice and romantic...

But as someone here already pointed out, at the begging Matt sings "OUR love would be forever" and at the end he sings "MY love will be forever".

By the end of the song, the couple is broken up, but the narrator (for lack of a better term) still has feelings for their ex-partner.

Plus, the song has a lot of past tense, so it's clearly about a relationship that ended.

I think Muse have had their day. Not like they haven't got a decade or 2 left in them...but

Sure they'll make more albums, look at metallica, so much crap and 'modern' crap they put out while the hardcore fans reminisce about the good old days.....Happens every band, guess people have to accept that it can happen to the people who apparently created the universe and are the only band in existence...Muse.

Still doesn't mean I like this AT ALL>

I think Muse have had their day. Not like they haven't got a decade or 2 left in them...but

Sure they'll make more albums, look at metallica, so much crap and 'modern' crap they put out while the hardcore fans reminisce about the good old days.....Happens every band, guess people have to accept that it can happen to the people who apparently created the universe and are the only band in existence...Muse.

Still doesn't mean I like this AT ALL>

I sadly agree (mostly).

Though I'm sticking around until the next album, I'm still hoping for that EPIC comeback album after all this 'experimentation.'

But as someone here already pointed out, at the begging Matt sings "OUR love would be forever" and at the end he sings "MY love will be forever".

By the end of the song, the couple is broken up, but the narrator (for lack of a better term) still has feelings for their ex-partner.

Plus, the song has a lot of past tense, so it's clearly about a relationship that ended.

Yeah I noticed that too. Makes me sad :(

Actually this whole song makes me sad :'( The way it seems so happy and superficial on the surface but the real reasoning for it makes it into the opposite. It is worse when you know that it is actually based on real life events.

Yeah I noticed that too. Makes me sad :(

Actually this whole song makes me sad :'( The way it seems so happy and superficial on the surface but the real reasoning for it makes it into the opposite. It is worse when you know that it is actually based on real life events.

Yeah and I really respect Matt for not only writing it in the first place, but having the courage to share it with us so much sooner than he thought he would. That is both amazing and heartwrenching.

I love how people go on about "it's just a pop song :rolleyes:" and "They've always been a pop band!"

Like somehow it makes you superior in your musical knowledge to say that:LOL:

They weren't, though. They were a rock band, blates... S'why they were on mtv2 back in the day, not The Box or whatever...

I seriously dislike this new song. Well.. I can't exactly remember it, which is never a good thing. But I didn't have fun listening to it.

I'm hoping it was Matt's plan to try and attract new fans and become big, then once they were. They were going to go back and write a fuck-off classic Muse album which sounds like pwoper Muse.

I wouldn't be surprised...(even though I don't like it)

It's a plan that's dependent on the newcomers doing their research and checking the older records out, which they might not do.

I wouldn't be surprised...(even though I don't like it)

It's a plan that's dependent on the newcomers doing their research and checking the older records out, which they might not do.

It sounds very possible. I knowing what Matt's like, it could well be likely.

Archived