Actually, my post makes perfect sense. 90% of the time (hence the use of that figure), all I encounter here is whinging about "I want old Muse back" and "OMFG Guiding Light" and associated posts.

Do you not understand that a band progresses over time, changes their style and moves on from what they used to be?? And do you also not understand that from the earliest demo's of the Showbiz album, Muse have been utter cheese and OTT madness??

They've never even taken _themselves_ seriously from the start, you can't expect the fans too, can you??

This song isn't their best, but it's far far _far_ from their worst. Name me another band today that would ever dare contemplate putting Rachmaninov and 4 stylistic changes into a single 4 minute song that is to be the tentpole of a major (whether we like it or not) release??

What does any of that have to do with people not "deserving" muse?

If your first post had said something along these lines, you may have gotten different responses, but instead you came in with the "you don't deserve the band" and the strawman "you only hate this because you want another OOS" stuff we've all heard a bajillion times... it's just tired.

For what it's worth, I disagree with this being about "evolving" - bands can change over the years without shifting genres, which is what Muse seems to be doing. Now, if that's what they want to do, then so be it, they need to follow their hearts with it, but the idea that a band has to make drastically different sounds on every album in order to not be remaking an old album is closed minded. One can make two songs that are similar but make them completely different, you don't have to make one country and the other rap.

I wonder sometimes if that attitude is actually holding them back...

</ramble>

Guys... I had a brainwave if you like the new stuff, go and listen to it, If you love Absolution and Origin so much then go stick it on repeat and forget about the whole thing, Just an idea... BTW before the trolls get here I'm my iPod so spelling and grammars not gonna be to good :LOL:

as hypocritical as i am about to sound. same.

In terms of a day to day basis, I post in banter more than in main muse. :LOL:

No wait, I post in Kit & Tab more, this means I hate everyone and everyone hates me :awesome:

NOBODY LIKES YOU! YOU'RE HATED BY BANTER AND MAIN MUSE! :LOL::p

Internet.png

:LOL: This summarises my entire life, how sad

On-topic, I love the new song, it's cheesy yeah, sure, again I think it's supposed to be, comparing a meeting to a neutron star collision. It's even more Abba/Queen than ever, and with a huge dose of Rachmaninov Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini (one of his cheesiest compositions perhaps) it's awesomely powerful too, another mix of emotion and novelty that this album has encapsulated so well, IMO.

This would definetley have fitted on Black Holes and Revelations. Its like Hoodoo, Starlight and Knights of Cydonia having a bitch-fight.

I like it though. Lyrically its a bit of a strange beast but musically it sounds fantastic.

:LOL:

I'm going to go out there and say I love it... :happy:

Archived