KirkBot

Anyone knows, why none of the top5 songs was played at Stade de Suisse, Bern? Very disappointing...

~Huy

Because Matt's seven string guitar broke, and he had a cold so he couldn't sing any of the poll choices.

I don't think you can blame new fans for picking songs such as Knights of Cydonia, as if they hadn't been following the setlist like us saddos, they wouldn't know it was frequently played, but if they had seen Haarp would know it's kickass live.

The whole point of the polls was phrased as: 'Muse don't want to choose all of the setlist' so if they'd done it properly they would have drawn up a short-list of songs that they were willing to play but weren't regulars and we'd have voted on them. Just a simple list of 10-15 songs they hadn't played for a while, or at least not regularly on the arena tour:

• Bliss
  • Citizen Erased
  • Butterflies and Hurricanes
  • Take a Bow
  • Sunburn
  • Ruled By Secrecy
  • Blackout
  • Dead Star
  • Muscle Museum
  • Fury

or something like that. Instead of what ended up happening, which seems rushed and kind of self-promotion

To me, it was a management thing more than a Muse themselves thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even look at the results and were just told the two most popular songs

You're probably right. Muse should take more notice if this is the case... surely they know their fans better than their management (apart from Tom, of course...).

Archived