Because live it is so so good

Bliss is so highly rated thanks to the live ending imo. The studio one is underwhelming compared to most of its live performances :yesey:

I've heard it live, but it's still kind of meh. I mean it's better than Guiding Light, but I'm not all "ERHMERGERD BLIIIIRSSS." I'd much rather hear CE.

Uprising, UD, IBTY, Overture, Cross-Pollination and Redemption are all better than US and MK.

Other songs being better than those don't make them bad/boring, it just means the other ones are good. I'll agree most of those are better than US but not MK.

The Resistance without GL and Resistance is actually a pretty damn good album!

Songs like Forced in, whilst not industrial, I think give a good look at what they could do if they really gave it a go.

An album of stuff like Forced In and Isolated System (meaning sort of ambient and not very climactic like most Muse songs) I think would be fantastic.

With a couple of bad ass songs like Shrinking Universe. I would fucking love this. Shame it'll almost definitely not happen.

Yeah it probably won't happen unless Muse decide to actually stick with one style on an album. But maybe a few tracks of the sort would be nice. IS was a great example of Muse using all the strings and choirs and layers and still finding a way to tie it all down and keep it from being bombastic

Yeah it probably won't happen unless Muse decide to actually stick with one style on an album. But maybe a few tracks of the sort would be nice. IS was a great example of Muse using all the strings and choirs and layers and still finding a way to tie it all down and keep it from being bombastic

Didn't they originally want Black Holes to be a triple album, with the conventional middle CD, but the first being instrumental proggy rock and the last being experimental electronic music? I really wish they would make good with that.

Didn't they originally want Black Holes to be a triple album, with the conventional middle CD, but the first being instrumental proggy rock and the last being experimental electronic music? I really wish they would make good with that.

If I remember BH&R went through a stage where it was extremely proggy but it made some of the popper tracks like SMBH sounds really disjointed, and it was when they got that more electronic and dance influence that those tracks came together and the proggy tracks were cut down.

Might have been cool to see them go all out with the progressive stuff and multi-albums, but they trimmed the songs down for a reason so maybe it wouldn't have ended up as great.

Then again looking at what they did with Assassin it could've just been another butchering of the songs' early versions.

All seems to go back to consistency really. I really loved The 2nd Law but I really want to see them try and delve deep into a general style and see how well they work with that. T2L felt like a lot of really good ideas that were cutoff once the song ended.

If I remember BH&R went through a stage where it was extremely proggy but it made some of the popper tracks like SMBH sounds really disjointed, and it was when they got that more electronic and dance influence that those tracks came together and the proggy tracks were cut down.

Might have been cool to see them go all out with the progressive stuff and multi-albums, but they trimmed the songs down for a reason so maybe it wouldn't have ended up as great.

Then again looking at what they did with Assassin it could've just been another butchering of the songs' early versions.

All seems to go back to consistency really. I really loved The 2nd Law but I really want to see them try and delve deep into a general style and see how well they work with that. T2L felt like a lot of really good ideas that were cutoff once the song ended.

Ah, that might've been it. Honestly though, I wouldn't have been surprised if it was a similar situation to what happened with Assassin.

I definitely agree with what you said about The 2nd Law. It's the mark of a band going through an identity crisis, but damn if the songs aren't good. That quality of song out into a more cohesive album would have been amazing.

If they ever work with a producer again, it would be interesting to see how differently things could end up. Part of me wants to see them locked in a room with only their instruments for a week or so. No synth, no orchestra, just them and a couple of guitars.