I thought the R/L songs were probably almost the best versions I've heard of all the Origin songs. They were all pretty raw.

It was the last genuinely good New Born, I loved the synth intro to Bliss and meaty guitars, the guitar outro to Space Dementia was so so so heavy, Hyper Music rocked, Plug In Baby was as good as ever, Citizen Erased was huge, Micro Cuts suffered from slightly wussy verses but the chorus, outro and vocals made up for it, Screenager and Darkshines were exceptional and Megalomania massive with the flames and organ crashes.

Genuinely the joint-best Muse gig I've been to.

Just judging from videos and recordings, all the OoS songs played at Wembley 2 looked much better than the R/L counterparts.

Yep.

Bliss, CE and PIB were dull at R/L. Megalomania is not the same without an organ in an indoor setting, but the flames were amazing at Leeds. Feeling Good was disgustingly crap as per usual. All the rare stuff + New Born was amazing at those gigs though.

Yep.

Bliss, CE and PIB were dull at R/L. Megalomania is not the same without an organ in an indoor setting, but the flames were amazing at Leeds. Feeling Good was disgustingly crap as per usual. All the rare stuff + New Born was amazing at those gigs though.

PiB looked OK cause of the crowd. Megalomania looked great at the Russian gigs even without a real organ.

PiB looked OK cause of the crowd. Megalomania looked great at the Russian gigs even without a real organ.

The problem with the R/L gigs is that they played OoS at a festival. Stupid casuals who know nothing about anything the band has done aside from Plug In Baby and the hits. Even when NME (I think) asked some people what they thought about the gig, some dickhead was like "well the first part kinda dragged on too much, but it was great once they got to the hits herpdy-derpdy". There was literally no response for Megalomania at either Leeds or Reading. Just silence. At least until the flames started.

The problem with the R/L gigs is that they played OoS at a festival. Stupid casuals who know nothing about anything the band has done aside from Plug In Baby and the hits. Even when NME (I think) asked some people what they thought about the gig, some dickhead was like "well the first part kinda dragged on too much, but it was great once they got to the hits herpdy-derpdy". There was literally no response for Megalomania at either Leeds or Reading. Just silence. At least until the flames started.

I really always wondered why they did such a fan special thing at a festival where not only would there be a buch of casuals but also fans would have to compete with tickets from those who wouldn't even see Muse.

Maybe it was because they were planning on it being broadcasted but that fell through, but if they themsemlves chose not to broadcast then that's a whole different story.

I really always wondered why they did such a fan special thing at a festival where not only would there be a buch of casuals but also fans would have to compete with tickets from those who wouldn't even see Muse.

Maybe it was because they were planning on it being broadcasted but that fell through, but if they themsemlves chose not to broadcast then that's a whole different story.

I'm honestly not sure what the reasoning was either. They were considering doing a B-sides/rarities gig at first, but that would've been even worse to play at a festival. They were obviously going to do something special at the end of the year anyway. Kinda surprised they didn't just play the festival and then book their own gig to do it.

I'm honestly not sure what the reasoning was either. They were considering doing a B-sides/rarities gig at first, but that would've been even worse to play at a festival. They were obviously going to do something special at the end of the year anyway. Kinda surprised they didn't just play the festival and then book their own gig to do it.

Maybe SBE changed their mind which is why it seems they're planning on anniversary gigs setup by themselves. They seemed to be very into festivals last tour but maybe exhausted all that afterwards.

I was looking forward to seeing Citizen Erased at Leeds seen as it's my favourite Muse song (or at least at the time) and it was totally different from what I had expected and I was so underwhelmed by it in all honesty. Don't really know why :$ my highlights from R/L were Micro Cuts and Screenager and What's He Building In There with the lights creating shadows, so intense!!

i was looking forward to seeing citizen erased at leeds seen as it's my favourite muse song (or at least at the time) and it was totally different from what i had expected and i was so underwhelmed by it in all honesty. Don't really know why :$ my highlights from r/l were micro cuts and screenager and what's he building in there with the lights creating shadows, so intense!!

what's he building in there!

Hysteria has been crap since the Absolution tour.

Matt's guitar has no punch, he doesn't play the intro right and the solo is terrible without whammy.

I like how the intro varies from the album version and from gig to gig. During Toronto night two, Matt did the People of the Sun intro to Hysteria. T'was pretty good!

I like how the intro varies from the album version and from gig to gig. During Toronto night two, Matt did the People of the Sun intro to Hysteria. T'was pretty good!

Yeah, I do like that too - I'm not a fan of him playing a muted version of the bass though. Stealing Chris' limelight, innit? :D.

my highlights from R/L were Micro Cuts and Screenager

Really? :erm: I mean, Micro Cuts was decent but you enjoyed Screenager more than Hyper Music, Dark Shines, New Born and Space Dementia? I agree with you about CE being underwhelming though, it was better when I saw it in 2010 but even then it wasn't as great as I thought it would be.

Had already seen New Born twice so I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have even though it was still good, I think just the atmosphere and visuals made Screenager my highlight, his guitar playing was excellent in it. Hyper Music and Darkshines were both great (I preferred Darkshines) but I felt like Hyper Music was lacking something. Space Dementia was fucking great :)

Hysteria has been crap since the Absolution tour.

Matt's guitar has no punch, he doesn't play the intro right and the solo is terrible without whammy.

I have previously said I don't particularly miss Hysteria, which I have managed to miss on all my T2L tour gigs. I'd take Stockholm back though - New Born was really dull at the O2 and outshone by the Deftones outro, although NB improved at the Emirates gig.

The heavier parts of Citizen Erased were better at Wembley but the quieter bits were better at Reading and I felt the overall performance was better at the OoS gigs.

I don't remember Bliss at Reading as I was moving backwards through the pit after being squished out during New Born. I did like the synthy intro though. Of the others, Space Dementia was awesome, and I enjoyed Darkshines and Hyper Music.

The bit where I was was quite good for respecting the Origin part - aside from some isolated chit-chat during Screenager, the crowd was quite decent for that bit.

I always assumed they didn't broadcast all of R/L like they said they were going to, due to the 360 app they were charging for.

Why the hell would anyone pay for lousy quality vids and bad camera angles if they had a free pro-shot of the gig from TV?

I guess the sound ended up being pretty damn good on the app, anyways...

New Born is quite bad.

I tried listening to it again today, and I just couldn't listen all the way through. Overrated song. Just because it's so progressive, right.

On the other hand, Bliss more than makes up for it.