Fake Plastic Trees, Idioteque, 15 Step, I Will, Subterranean Homestck Alien, Knives Out....

There's large swathes of Radiohead that does nothing for me though, I have to admit. I prefer Muse to them because of this; there's only about 5 or 10 Muse songs I don't like. I'm just a sucker for a nice, accessible pop melody I think :).

Edit: that plus monster riffs and drama, the former at least, Radiohead don't share my love of.

I think SHA is actually a "Musey" sounding song. In a good way.

:confused: If that makes sense.

Can he really do the vocals near the end though? I don't listen to much Radiohead, so I wouldn't know :confused:

Nah, doubt it, but he wouldn't have to. It would make it even more interesting and amazing to hear his voice crack when he screams those lyrics with emotion.

The Small Print is just an average rock song, don't hate it, don't love it.

Radiohead pwn Muse.

Muse are lazy and boring now.

I'd much rather listen to Thom's voice for an hour than Matt's.

I would drop more than half the setlist before dropping Hysteria.

Muse will never get a number one single.

Neither Thom's nor Matt's voices are that great. Both good voices but get rather tiring after a while.

I noticed whenever I compare Radiohead and Muse my opinion of both of them are very mutual. :LOL: I don't seem to prefer one or the other. However, neither of them would be in my Top 15 bands.

I wouldn't say Radiohead beats Muse, not really close for me actually.

Album wise, I rank them like this:

Absoution

OoS

OK Computer

Black Holes and Revelations

Kid A

The Resistance

Showbiz

All of Radiohead's other albums

Radiohead's good, probably in my Top 10 bands, but nothing will ever take the throne from Muse. I mean really, SS, Exo in its entirety, CE, Knights, B&H, it goes on and on forever.

I will say this: Muse has made more quality songs than any other modern band (I say modern because I don't listen to anybody like Floyd, Zeppelin, The Beatles, etc. so I wouldn't know) and their top-notch songs (some of which are listed above) beat any other band's top-notch songs.

In my opinion, of course.

Muse has made more quality songs than any other modern band (I say modern because I don't listen to bands like Pink

The Small Print > Undisclosed Desires > Supermassive Black Hole > Escape > Knights of Cydonia

Knights of Cydonia > Undisclosed Desires > Supermassive Black Hole > Escape > The Small Print

They need to drop 'Hysteria' from their live set. It's probably my favourite studio track but it's lost its impact live in my opinion. No way near as epic as the performances in 2004. But then again what isn't?

They need to drop 'Starlight' too.

1. No, it's one of the best songs that they still play live. They shouldn't drop it unless they replace it with another one of their old songs.

2. They'll never drop that song.

Radio 1 Big Weekend 2006. Studio version is disappointing in comparison though one of their better recent singles

I thought you said in comparison to their better recent singles. :LOL:

I would drop more than half the setlist before dropping Hysteria.

Same.

I've only seen live recordings of it, but Resistance, for example, doesn't seem very exciting live. That's possibly just because I don't really like the song though.

Same. I've only seen live recordings of it, but Resistance, for example, doesn't seem very exciting live. That's possibly just because I don't really like the song though.

That might be because when it's played live it sounds exactly the same as the album version apart from the guitar at the start. And well, like the album version, it lacks "oomph" and a proper climax. The most obvious "what-could-have-been" song on TR, in my opinion.

Album wise, I rank them like this:

Absoution

OoS

OK Computer

Black Holes and Revelations

Kid A

The Resistance

Showbiz

All of Radiohead's other albums

No way in hell I would rate BHAR or TR above Kid A, In Rainbows and BHAR over OKC, Amnesiac or The Bends.

Depending on my mood I would even rate Kid A above Absolution/OOS.

Ruled By Secrecy by Thom Yorke would be amazing.

It's one of Muse's more Radiohead-ish songs so I can imagine it working well.

Hyper Chondriac Music is probably their most Radiohead-like song.

Same.

I've only seen live recordings of it, but Resistance, for example, doesn't seem very exciting live. That's possibly just because I don't really like the song though.

Resistance is dreadful live, really gone off that song hugely.

I wouldn't say Radiohead beats Muse, not really close for me actually.

Radiohead's good, probably in my Top 10 bands, but nothing will ever take the throne from Muse. I mean really, SS, Exo in its entirety, CE, Knights, B&H, it goes on and on forever.

I will say this: Muse has made more quality songs than any other modern band (I say modern because I don't listen to anybody like Floyd, Zeppelin, The Beatles, etc. so I wouldn't know) and their top-notch songs (some of which are listed above) beat any other band's top-notch songs.

In my opinion, of course.

Muse has made more quality songs than any other modern band (I say modern because I don't listen to bands like Pink

Agreed (the first bold)! Muse > Radiohead even though that i recently started enjoying their songs a bit more!

About the second part yes, Muse maDe amazing songs in the modern era! But i also love the classics and i cant rate any TR song above Wish you were here or Hey Jude (or pretty much any Beatles, PF or even Queen song for that matter and just saying 3 of a very very long list!)

Knights of Cydonia > Undisclosed Desires > Supermassive Black Hole > Escape > The Small Print

Whaat???

TSP worse than UD or SMBH???? Sorry, but i Just cant see that!:stunned:

(Love the live version where Chris does a bit more of singing:D)

Edited by plug me in

I don't even remember hearing Resistance live in Chicago, that can't be good.

I just don't like Resistance in general.

when I first heard resistance in Teingmouth, I loved it.

Now I really don't !!

third worst on the resistance imo..

That might be because when it's played live it sounds exactly the same as the album version apart from the guitar at the start. And well, like the album version, it lacks "oomph" and a proper climax. The most obvious "what-could-have-been" song on TR, in my opinion.

that's actually how i feel about undisclosed desires. i really like this song, but somehow it lacks something live (possibly a guitar :p ) i'm not saying it's bad live, but compared to their other songs it just sounds average and identical to the album version