I'm so happy that Flea was voted the top bassist. I've been obsessed with the Chili Peppers all week.

I have had the idea of creating a super-group with the winners or heavly influenced by the winners who are deceased.

The winners:

Drums- John Bonham (Jason Bonham)

Bass - Flea

Guitar- Jimi Hendrix (John Frusciante)

Vocals - Freddie Mercury (Matt Bellamy :$ )

Or using the runners up to replace the dead

Drums - Dave Grohl

Bass - Flea

Guitar - Jimmy Page (Slash sucks)

Vocals - Robert Plant

I dunno if you've seen last weeks Sunday Times tv guide, but this is the critics choice

After five weeks analysing the working of the worlds great bands - and Muse - the finale of I'm in a......

I dunno if I should laugh or not.

Freddie Mercury as best rock singer :facepalm: Definitely a Radio 2 target audience imo :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but WAT?

Queen have universal appeal and few frontmen have combined talent with showmanship in the way Freddie did. He's the logical choice. And without him bands like Muse wouldn't get away with their over the top performances which borrow heavily from Queen.

I'm sorry but WAT?

Queen have universal appeal and few frontmen have combined talent with showmanship in the way Freddie did. He's the logical choice. And without him bands like Muse wouldn't get away with their over the top performances which borrow heavily from Queen.

:yesey:

I couldn't agree more

Freddie Mercury as best rock singer :facepalm: Definitely a Radio 2 target audience imo :rolleyes:

And who would you have chosen?

I don't even want to imagine what the music world would have been like if Freddie Mercury were never around. *shudders*

I'm sorry but WAT?

Chyeaaaaah. :yesey:

I'm sorry but WAT?

I don't understand why some Muse fans so upset when Muse are compared to Queen, and say 'only USoE sounds like Queen'.

People started to compare them to Queen as far back as the Origin days.

I remember I once introduced a friend to Knights of Cydonia and when the big end riff kicked in he said 'Wow, this reminds me of Bohemian Rapsody'.

Matt said people join a band to "misbehave and get paid for it":LOL:

:LOL:

I dunno if you've seen last weeks Sunday Times tv guide, but this is the critics choice

After five weeks analysing the working of the worlds great bands - and Muse - the finale of I'm in a......

I dunno if I should laugh or not.

Yes. :chuckle:

I don't understand why some Muse fans so upset when Muse are compared to Queen, and say 'only USoE sounds like Queen'.

People started to compare them to Queen as far back as the Origin days.

I remember I once introduced a friend to Knights of Cydonia and when the big end riff kicked in he said 'Wow, this reminds me of Bohemian Rapsody'.

Exactly, dudes...being compared to Queen is a pretty big deal. Even Matt said something along those lines a while back and said it was a massive compliment. I believe that was around the Absolution era.

My friend who didn't really know much Queen said "this reminds me of Muse" when I played her Inneundo ages ago. There's clearly an influence that people are hearing.

Freddie was the better performer but I personally prefer Kurt's voice.

All to their own I suppose. Nothing beats Freddie's voice for me though. I think vocally wise my favorite singers are Freddie Mercury and David Bowie. And they've both been in the same song with each other, so can you guess how much I love that song? :awesome:

Exactly, dudes...being compared to Queen is a pretty big deal. Even Matt said something along those lines a while back and said it was a massive compliment. I believe that was around the Absolution era.

My friend who didn't really know much Queen said "this reminds me of Muse" when I played her Inneundo ages ago. There's clearly an influence that people are hearing.

It makes me happy. Queen makes me happy, so Muse being influenced by Queen is just awesomeness. :D

All to their own I suppose. Nothing beats Freddie's voice for me though. I think vocally wise my favorite singers are Freddie Mercury and David Bowie. And they've both been in the same song with each other, so can you guess how much I love that song? :awesome:

All of this! Those two make my life. Seriously. What would I do without their music.

I'm sorry but WAT?

Out of the three singers nominated there was:

Freddie - I've listened to plenty of Queen and I think they're very good,

the guy from Led Zeppelin - never listened to them but I'm sure they're very good too and

Kurt - I've listened to plenty of Nirvana and imo Kurt is the best frontman of the three, I prefer the quality of his voice and the sincerity that went into his performances.

However, I prefer Matt Bellamy to all of the above :eek: I know, shocking thing to say on a Muse forum.

Also, I credit Matt Bellamy with enough individuality and originality to come up with his own style of showmanship; something that comes from within. I really don't think he owes anything to Freddie Mercury just like Freddie didn't owe anything to any earlier, flamboyant performers. But that's just my view.

Bellamy's mum was a big Queen fan and he grew up listening to them so I suppose it was inevitable that there'd be some influence on his style of writing and performing.

If my theory is correct, my son (who, aged 5, wants to be a rock star when he grows up) should turn out a bit like Bellamy. :D

Bellamy's mum was a big Queen fan and he grew up listening to them so I suppose it was inevitable that there'd be some influence on his style of writing and performing.

If my theory is correct, my son (who, aged 5, wants to be a rock star when he grows up) should turn out a bit like Bellamy. :D

Yay for Mini Bellamy :dance:

All 3 of them are great frontmen. But when we talk about comunication and some kind invisible connection with the audience, Freddie is definitive winner...the charisma, moves, singing...he really made a show and so far there is no one out there who could beat him...and never will...he's unique, a legend...and again I really love Plant and his singing and performing, also Cobain's appearance...but no one of them emanated so much energy Freddie did...and if I return to the previous statement...about the synchronization with audience, it's quite funny when I try to think and find out which 'new' band is really connected with people while performing I can't think of nobody else than muse and I'm not overreacting...go and watch starlight (I know it's cheesy and blah blah blah) from wembley and afterthat go and watch radio gaga from wembley at live aid and you will see what I'm talking about;).

Archived