"Uprising" in Knight and Day Trailer

Fridolizer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

(title changed to appease admin)

I would have thought, given the band's rebellion toward thought control and brainwashing as portrayed in lyrics, that it would be complete and utter hypocrisy to allow their music to be used to promote a film starring scientology poster boy Tom Cruise (Day and Knight).

Was the cheque just too big to turn down Matt?

I would have thought, given the band's rebellion toward thought control and brainwashing as portrayed in lyrics, that it would be complete and utter hypocrisy to allow their music to be used to promote a film starring scientology poster boy Tom Cruise (Day and Knight).

The copyright to the track is owned by Warner.

You seriously joined the boards to say that? Get a job.

Well that really is the end. I'm selling all my Muse t-shirts. Fuck you Muse :phu:

Muse probably don't care that a film has a scientologist in. Matt probably has to sign a piece of paper to say yes and that was it. It's just a film trailer.

What I find ridiculous is a band who sell out their principles when the price is right. Singing "they will not control us" whilst advertising the most high profile member of the largest brainwashing cult in the world. Pathetic, as is your apathy.

The decision isn't necessarily made by Muse and they are on a record label, singing "They will not control us" is ironic then as well.

Humphrey- its called "artist control" in themusic business and Muse willhav that in their contract- so,not upto Warner

Depends on the contract, second of all, you're assuming Muse knew anything about the film and who's in it and what it's about.

Archived