"Uprising" in Knight and Day Trailer

Fridolizer

Yes it does. And a band with their sales will have what's called artist control- meaning they had to give permission.

Muse's music is used everywhere, all of the time around the world. Do you really think the band sits there and sifts through each one analysing it?

It's clearly a marketing strategy to get their songs used in film soundtracks. I doubt religion has anything to do with it.

What I find ridiculous is a band who sell out their principles when the price is right. Singing "they will not control us" whilst advertising the most high profile member of the largest brainwashing cult in the world. Pathetic, as is your apathy.

Perhaps it is you who is the problem here...Just because Muse sing about those kinds of themes on this album doesn't mean it's what they believe. Bellamy has stated in interviews that he generally writes about topics that he finds fascinating.

It's normally the people who take Bellamy's lyrics literally that have this problem, which is a minority.

Muse are on one of the Big 4 labels, playing massive stadium gigs around Europe and arena gigs worldwide. I think it's fair to say that they're not taking the whole "Resistance" idea seriously.

It's pretty obvious that Matt's lyrics aren't literal. He doesn't genuinely wants bankers to die from heart attacks. Or thinks that we should kill our leaders. Or thinks that there are fake alien invasions being staged. They're themes from real situations or conspiracy stories, that Matt is interested in, dramatised to make good songs with interesting subjects.

I'm sure if you asked Matt he would be against scientology but would probably be much more interested in singing about its space opera themes that writing a protest against their dubious activities. And probably couldn't care less about a tenuous link between a clip of one of his songs being used for a trailer that might run for a month or so that happens to star a scientologist amongst other people. It's trivial.

Archived