"Exogenesis" to be released as a single???

control

It kinda sucks for people who were working/sleeping/away from the computer at the time the announcement was made, though. :erm:

Having only 500 here sucks, having plain old artwork sucks, live B sides, one of them being their weakest performances sucks....matt bellamy having an italian model to sex all the time, sucks....life itself, sucks. And the irony is that is really what exo is about.

Having only 500 here sucks, having plain old artwork sucks, live B sides, one of them being their weakest performances sucks....matt bellamy having an italian model to sex all the time, sucks....life itself, sucks. And the irony is that is really what exo is about.
:LOL:

But really, I was lucky Twitter sent me a text message on my phone, and that I had my phone on me (that NEVER happens) at that time. O_o

Glad you got one :happy:

I did go into Banquet Records in the end. They said they'd probably have about 10 but they can't keep any aside, you have to go on the day.

Biggest vinyl store in Detroit can not even say if they are going to get any on U.S. Record Store Day so how on earth can a store in the UK say they are getting 10?

:LOL:

But really, I was lucky Twitter sent me a text message on my phone, and that I had my phone on me (that NEVER happens) at that time. O_o

I got the message on my phone also, but didn't actually get on here to order til a few hours after, so I'm glad it wasn't sold out before I got my order in.

:LOL: And that is why I bought it. Something to compensate my lack of Italian sex.

Maybe the UK stores are more efficient? :p

Actually, probably. I worked at the largest indie record store in the UK through 6th form and Uni - Ainley's in Leicester. I bet they have ordered some from Warner Bros.imports which means even less for the US stores that don't even know Muse. Also, the stores I have spoken to had already placed their RDS orders before Exo was announced and had to go look for it. So they gladly took my info and ordered some but then wouldn't let me pre-order. Greedy bastards.

How many are being made? If it's really 2000, then 500 are already gone via here, which leaves 1500 for the UK, Ireland, rest of Europe and the states.

According to the RDS site there are 2,000. So maybe 1,500 for US (including Import companies that may be able to order for ROW), and 500 for muse.mu.

US RDS also has some other interesting releases:

Flaming Lips and others: Dark Side of the Moon

Hendrix: Live @ Clark Uni

Joy Division: 4LP box set

Manchester Orchestra: Live

Tom Waits: Mule Variations

Sex Pistols: GRRS

Actually, probably. I worked at the largest indie record store in the UK through 6th form and Uni - Ainley's in Leicester. I bet they have ordered some from Warner Bros.imports which means even less for the US stores that don't even know Muse. Also, the stores I have spoken to had already placed their RDS orders before Exo was announced and had to go look for it. So they gladly took my info and ordered some but then wouldn't let me pre-order. Greedy bastards.

You'll have to get down there bright and early on April 17th then. To be fair the UK stores aren't allowed to take pre-orders either.

I emailed all the stores from my country.

One said they had no intention of ever getting it as it was "outside of their genre range". But the other to reply so far said they could try ordering it :)

makes me wonder why Record Store Day listed a website that knew nothing about it...

hah, bitch. so those of us in teh states can't even pre-order? we have to go, physically, to a participating store on the 17th to possibly get one?

Yea, I heard that people might have to do that :$ Apparently there was a time before this internetz where that was normal :eek:

Good luck fellow.

hah, bitch. so those of us in teh states can't even pre-order? we have to go, physically, to a participating store on the 17th to possibly get one?

Isn't that kind of the idea of Record Store Day? To get people to actually go, physically, to stores? I'd feel "safer" pre-ordered one, but to be honest I kind of like the idea of rushing out to the store and waiting in line to get one. Muse seems mostly out of the genre specialty of my local store so I'm guessing there won't be a stampede for the Muse album. At least I hope not.:$

Isn't that kind of the idea of Record Store Day? To get people to actually go, physically, to stores? I'd feel "safer" pre-ordered one, but to be honest I kind of like the idea of rushing out to the store and waiting in line to get one. Muse seems mostly out of the genre specialty of my local store so I'm guessing there won't be a stampede for the Muse album. At least I hope not.:$

well of course it's the point. i'm going to go to one of the participating stores in my area. the question is: does anyone know of how these mofos are going to be allocated among the participating stores? ...as in, how many will be allocated per store? is it based on a store's "affirmative request"?

Oh how I miss having a real record store to go to! Before we moved, we used to live near a Tower Records and my whole family could spend an hour at Tower easy. Of course, it went bye bye. The two independent record stores we had here both went out of business. :( I would spend extra to shop at those stores, even though I knew I could get a cd cheaper at Best Buy or something.

Archived