Please, be considerate of people around you

hall1k

God, go to a Mars Volta show, and then complain. :p Most weed smoke I've ever smelt (and seen) in my entire life.

I think you'll find a Pink Floyd gig in a completely different league as far as that goes.

I would rather smell weed than fart and sweat ..

I'd rather smell none of the above!

Stale BO is unforgivable, wash/shower/bathe before the gig, wear deodorant and wear clean clothes, nobody need smell unpleasant.

Farts? Just don't!:stunned::LOL:

Eh, I still think TMV, between their psychedelic backdrops, long drawn out interludes, trippy introductions are the ultimate stoner band.

Not really..

Yeah, I don't really mind the smell of weed, I could definitely smell it at Teignmouth :LOL: But it was an outside gig, you'd never be allowed to smoke in an inside gig here as it's been banned in the UK to smoke inside public establishments as you may know. But you know, you can't stop people from wanting to smoke, they're always going to want to do it. Yeah it's really annoying if it's right in your face though. But if you don't like it.. just move :LOL:

Some places are proper strict though, at the o2 in London they have those airport things you have to walk through that beep and they frisk you, god I hate it :LOL:

I'd rather smell none of the above!

Stale BO is unforgivable, wash/shower/bathe before the gig, wear deodorant and wear clean clothes, nobody need smell unpleasant.

Farts? Just don't!:stunned::LOL:

I kind of agree with that person, farts at gigs are horrific :(

• 2 years later...

I know it's probably lame of me to bring up a topic like this one, but I'm considering taking quite a group of young teenagers to The 2nd Law tour and we're all really psyched about it.

Unfortunately I've been to an arena show before that had an obnoxious level of pot smoke on the floor. That really distracted from the experience. In fact, whenever anybody talks about said concert, they usually just bring up how annoying it was to inhale everyone's smoke. Bottom line is we all love Muse so much, and we're really excited to line up early and get a good place on the floor, but I'd rather not expose all these people to a lot of smoke. I'm not sure why should that be a price of seeing a band you love anyway.

So is there a lot of pot smoking at Muse? I went to the Duluth Atlanta show last time and I was on the slope, it was a non issue. But this is the floor and everything is lowly enforced down there. Which I imagine some people like to "take advantage of".

Maybe I'm OCD and obnoxious, but I'm there because Muse is good enough to create a natural, cerebral high. I've been to so many concerts where people are infatuated with their smoke and booze, and less interested in the band chemistry, the playing, and the show design in front of them. But rude people are inevitable I guess, it's the general public.

And uh, I'm not attacking people who want to smoke or do drugs, that's their business and this is a free country. I'd just prefer they be more considerate, because all that goes through their minds is how "they" would like to enjoy the show. And when those ideals go broadcasting into other people's faces and lungs, they honestly don't care. So very, self absorbed. Le sigh.

So is there a lot of pot smoking at Muse? I went to the Duluth Atlanta show last time and I was on the slope, it was a non issue. But this is the floor and everything is lowly enforced down there. Which I imagine some people like to "take advantage of".

I guess it depends on where you are on the floor. If you're closer to the center of the floor and away from the front, you'll probably notice it. But the very far front and very far back are pretty smoke free. I've not noticed it at any of the shows I've been to, unless I was just so used to it that I didn't pay it any attention. :LOL:

• 3 weeks later...
So is there a lot of pot smoking at Muse? I went to the Duluth Atlanta show last time and I was on the slope, it was a non issue.

Um. Muse struck their first note and haze went up over the pit in Duluth - my family still laugh about it til this day!

TBH if I were taking teens you have to educate them and also prepare them. That is sort of your job as the adult in the group.

FWIW it was the best anti-drug message I could send my kids because it stank so bad! Much better than any lecture. ;)

Weed was on the bingo sheet for the tweeters-at-gig-following threads last tour, so yeah it's noticeable enough for people to tweet about it. Personally I prefer the smell to regular cig smoke, that's minging, and queueing is made so much less pleasant when there are a few, that was ace about Wembley in 2010, people being made to smoke away from the queue :happy:

I don't notice many weed smokers at Muse gigs. The only ones I have noticed were at Birmingham in October, and they were just in the mosh pit. It's not like a majority of the crowd are doing it and the air is polluted with weed smoke.

if you're taking kids to shows theres a different vibe for different type of concerts.. heavy metal is full blown IDGAF attitude and there is boozing, smoking of all sorts, and other shennanigans happening (even rude sexy things) at those gigs. As Pip said, at Pink Floyd shows there is an underlying vibe that goes with its music and a particular kind of crowd.

I've been to all sorts of gigs but most notably at Muse gigs the majority of people are considerate. Some people at any show will always smoke, all you can do is ask people to put them out.

At a justin beiber gig im sure everything is clean cut and with zero smoking, although there will be worse offences such as shit music happening.

I once sat on the balcony of an Atmosphere gig and I could see the whole bottom area covered in smoke. You could see people turning on their lighters and puffs all over. I got a headache from all the smoke and saw a couple of fights break out. I was glad that I sat in the balcony because everyone was relaxed. Hip hop gigs can get crazy. I just think the smell is unpleasant.

Archived