Please, be considerate of people around you

hall1k

I'm sorry if this comes across as a bit of a rant, but its intended as more of a polite request. I don't know about all shows, but the two I've been to (Toronto 3/8/2010 and Detroit 3/13/2010) had very little security when checking tickets. In Toronto, there was none at all, they just scanned your ticket, while in Detroit they at least made you open up your jacket to see if you were carrying a gun (obviously that wasn't necessary in Toronto). This of course leads to an abundance of pot at the shows. Now, in Toronto I had my own, so I can't complain (its legal in small amounts here), but in Detroit I didn't cause I couldn't bring it across the border.

The problem was that near the end of the show someone near me started smoking it pretty heavily, and there was enough smoke around to get me somewhat high as well. I didn't think anything of it cause I wasn't really that high so I just thought I was getting tired, which was normal (Stupid me, I know). Needless to say, the drive home was pretty interesting. I'll just leave it at that.

So I'm ask people to please be a little more considerate of those around you when you smoke up at these shows, especially when its an all ages show, and I saw quite a few little kids with their parents who could easily get high/sick from the smoke. When in doubt, smoke up beforehand, then you don't have to chance it with security either.

I don't disagree with you. However,I think it's a tad bit hypocritical of you to chastize others for smoking up when you stated that you did the same in Toronto. Just because it's legal doesn't make it any less annoying. Small amount or not, it still affects the people around you.

You can't get stoned off of secondhand weed smoke. The smoke in the air at concerts have lost their THC when inhaled by person x, so when the smoke is released, that is all it is. People at concerts who think they are getting stoned at concerts are not. They start thinking they are high, and as a result, you make yourself start feeling it. It's the placebo effect at its finest.

You can't get stoned off of secondhand weed smoke. The smoke in the air at concerts have lost their THC when inhaled by person x, so when the smoke is released, that is all it is. People at concerts who think they are getting stoned at concerts are not. They start thinking they are high, and as a result, you make yourself start feeling it. It's the placebo effect at its finest.

I didn't get a high, but it was still annoying. Hate the smell of smoke.

I know I sound like a tight-ass, and I get that it happens at all concerts, not just Muse. Just wish people would be considerate of others. If you wanna smoke up, do it before the show.

I'm sorry if this comes across as a bit of a rant, but its intended as more of a polite request. I don't know about all shows, but the two I've been to (Toronto 3/8/2010 and Detroit 3/13/2010) had very little security when checking tickets. In Toronto, there was none at all, they just scanned your ticket, while in Detroit they at least made you open up your jacket to see if you were carrying a gun (obviously that wasn't necessary in Toronto). This of course leads to an abundance of pot at the shows. Now, in Toronto I had my own, so I can't complain (its legal in small amounts here), but in Detroit I didn't cause I couldn't bring it across the border.

The problem was that near the end of the show someone near me started smoking it pretty heavily, and there was enough smoke around to get me somewhat high as well. I didn't think anything of it cause I wasn't really that high so I just thought I was getting tired, which was normal (Stupid me, I know). Needless to say, the drive home was pretty interesting. I'll just leave it at that.

So I'm ask people to please be a little more considerate of those around you when you smoke up at these shows, especially when its an all ages show, and I saw quite a few little kids with their parents who could easily get high/sick from the smoke. When in doubt, smoke up beforehand, then you don't have to chance it with security either.

I kinda agree. I had the same problem, but i only smelled smoke once every 10-15 minutes for a short time, so I just breathed into my hands.

I didn't think Muse were 'hardcore' enough to have fans smoking weed at their shows :LOL: ... then again, it's only weed. Still fucking stupid, though. I'm not a fan of people drinking at gigs either, but only cos I always manage to get it spilled on me somehow, lol. Imagine a gig that prohibited beer... three quarters of the crowd wouldn't bother showing up, haha.

I too was at the Palace @ Auburn Hills 3/13/10 on the floor. Yep, the weed was pretty evident. Glad I didn't have my kids there (of course, I couldn't have them on the floor or they'd have been trampled!) Took my kids to Blink 182 & sure enough had to 'splain what the smell was. They are both teenage girls. Did my share when I was a kid, but found it weird at best to explain what the smell was!

In any event - when you go to a show, expect ANYTHING! You just never know what'll show up. I'm never surprised.

Oh, btw - drank a bottle of wine while waiting in line (it was in a Tim Horton's cup tho! Does that make it ok?)

You obviously haven't been to a concert where a mass amount of people are smoking weed. Last year at Bonnaroo during Snoop Dogg there was literally a giant cloud of smoke flowing throughout the crowd like a thick cloud during a rain storm.

You obviously haven't been to a concert where a mass amount of people are smoking weed. Last year at Bonnaroo during Snoop Dogg there was literally a giant cloud of smoke flowing throughout the crowd like a thick cloud during a rain storm.

Well that's a little different. What I mean is when there's ONE person smoking pot behind you whose smoke is drifting over you and you start to think you're getting high because you can smell it.

A little different from a cloud of smoke in a small enclosed area!

Well that's a little different. What I mean is when there's ONE person smoking pot behind you whose smoke is drifting over you and you start to think you're getting high because you can smell it.

A little different from a cloud of smoke in a small enclosed area!

Anyone who thinks like that is a buffoon. :facepalm:

The only thing about weed smoke is it's clingy as fuck.

I think hash smells absolutely revolting and I'm so glad smoking is banned in public buildings here in the UK.

I know that doesn't eradicate it completely but it does pretty much guarantee only a very small minority will smoke (hash or otherwise).

I'll never forget the stench of hash clinging to me the day after I went to a Pink Floyd gig many years ago. Vile smell.

I saw three people being thrown out of Wembley stadium at the Muse gig in 2007 for smoking (I've no idea if it was hash or normal ciggies), I'll be hoping the same fate awaits anyone smoking there in September too :p

my friend was telling me about this.. although my section was not affected by it.. I didn't even know about the Weed smokers @ the ACC untill my friend told me after the show. The smoke probably rose up too quickly and it didn't really expand to the lower sections.

Archived