I took this on my phone to try and capture the way the rain made the lights look like glitter:

imagekbs.jpg

oooh, wow, that's pretty cool - I can only imagine how it must have looked in person!

that was so awesome, great effect

heh let's hope they don't get any ideas "The lasers look great in the rain, so for the next tour we're going to have these massive sprinklers and..."

Thought I'd share a few photos from last night (best of my life!) as my first forum post, didn't take too many as was too busy enjoying the moment! ;)

I know they're not amazing photos or anything but thought some might like to see :)

Welcome to the board - I love your shot of Dom. Gotta love how the wind conveniently blew the coat open ;)

Just arrived home from a brilliant weekend at Oxegen. We had no rain today! :D Lots of people around the campsite raving about Muse's performance. They were definately the best band I saw all weekend. So tired now and I'm covered in mud.

My phone broke from all the rain. :(

http://www.hotpress.com/news/6726062.html?page_no=2&show_comments=1

Meanwhile, headliners Muse were their usual flamboyant selves, and we’re not just talking about Matt Bellamy’s show-stopping metallic red suit. The mood rockers were suitably epic and their awe-inspiring stage show made for a wonderful end to a stellar second day.

Oh, and they tried to steal Stuart Clark’s wellingtons. It’s a long story, we’ll tell you about it sometime…

http://www.state.ie/2010/07/live-reviews/oxegen-2010-muse/

It’s hard to image that there’s a better live band doing the world gig circuit right now than Muse. From the moment drummer Dominic steps on to the stage clad in a large spiky Mohican and a pale green undergarment, the front of the Oxegen crowd has turned into a frantic shoving match, and it’s clear this is a band that’s live reputation precedes it. ‘Plug In Baby’ sets the tone, sending hordes of bodies cavorting across the front of the stage, before Muse hit the musical jackpot with the varied live set every fan has come to know and love over the last half a decade or so. The Devon three-piece step up to the arena tour playing field was confirmed largely off the back of a heaving, epic Glastonbury performance in 2005, one that many attendees still argue was the best live show they’ve ever seen. It’s the playful introductions, manic pre-track instrumentals and pure familiarity combined with riff-centered, rock out quality of the band’s music that makes them such a special prospect.

These days there’s a focus on the material from Black Holes and Revelations as well as the operatic aspects of The Resistance, though at times we’re given some nostalgic moments through brilliant takes on some of the subtler corners of The Origin Of Symmetry. Testament to the level of Muse’s peak is in the vibe at the back of the crowd. When State drifts back for an overview, the slush area behind the sound tower is rocking out just as hard. ‘Uprising’ – complete with sing-along words on the big screens that not one member of the crowd needs for anything but dramatic effect – gets the rebellious juices flowing, while ‘Supermassive Black Hole’ transforms itself into a live song that doesn’t seem quite so much like a silly take on a ‘my first space’ book. The subtle blends with the melodramatic, pace changes don’t sap the drive of the show, and it’s genuinely difficult to pick out a bad song.

How do you quantify a band this good at what they do? If you like Muse at all on record, it’s hard to imagine how seeing the likes of ‘Absolution’ and ‘Time Is Running Out’ converted into their epic, operatic forms could be anything but a massive highlight. Stage show, lights, strange sunglasses, underwear on the outside and a crowd that chant their name twenty minutes before they come on stage: Muse is a band that’s developed from sitting at the slightly experimental end of indie rock in early efforts like ‘Sunburn’ to being a manic live prospect that blasts all comers into an energetic, eccentric, playful, frenzied oblivion. Long may this incredible form continue; who cares about a bit of mud, anyway?

I am sore all over even my breasts are sore from being crushed against the barrier :stunned:

Yes...I'm glad you said that...that is my main source of pain at the moment :$

I guess we're the same height (you might tower over me by an inch or so) and clearly it is the wrong height to be for those particular barriers :rolleyes:

Yes...I'm glad you said that...that is my main source of pain at the moment :$

I guess we're the same height (you might tower over me by an inch or so) and clearly it is the wrong height to be for those particular barriers :rolleyes:

Hi Susie! :kiss: Did you sleep well?!;)

Seems flicker has cocked up my last post so here are the photos again...

4784794316_25edef5fbf.jpg

4784787386_36f1591f5a.jpg

4784783106_739c71ab0e.jpg

4784162423_97ea8cc228.jpg

Few more here... http://www.flickr.com/ollyog

Olly, your pics are great! So glad you managed to get some good ones. If I were taller than I'd have taken some too but it just wasn't worth it!

Do you mind if I share some on my facebook wall via your flickr? Or will you be posting them on your facebook wall?

Hi Susie! :kiss: Did you sleep well?!;)

Olly, your pics are great! So glad you managed to get some good ones. If I were taller than I'd have taken some too but it just wasn't worth it!

Do you mind if I share some on my facebook wall via your flickr? Or will you be posting them on your facebook wall?

Morning Pip! Slept like a log :LOL: How about you?

Have left my mud encrusted boots outside, hoping it's going to rain today ;)

Those are great pictures Ollie, how lucky to be so tall :p

Morning Pip! Slept like a log :LOL: How about you?

Have left my mud encrusted boots outside, hoping it's going to rain today ;)

Those are great pictures Ollie, how lucky to be so tall :p

I slept from about midday until 9.30pm yesterday, then from just after midnight until 6am this morning! I've yet to tackle my walking boots but I'll just pressure wash them! They're pretty bomb-proof!

Archived