Dom did sound reluctant regarding playing Citizen Erased though he may have meant it jokily in that they were forced to play it or their fans would be pissed off. Maybe they really didn't think it was going to work and at the last minute, because they were so nervous anyway, thought "sod it, we'll give it a miss this evening and take the flak". If so I bet they wished they never had a poll now, even though their intentions were obviously good. Anyway just supposition. Maybe the real reason will become apparent at some point and we'll just have to see how it pans out.

If they don't play them the whole tour, I will think "Hmm strange", but it won't put me off Muse. I like them for bigger reasons than whether or not they keep their promises or whether or not they perform particular songs.

I know that you have said this with good intentions but really, why is there all of this fixation on CE? On the polls they stated that they would endeavor to play ONE song from the top 5. They didn't necessarily have to play CE because they had those other four songs to choose from. I think that if they had played one song from the top 5 then nobody would really have the right to moan... too bad if you love CE, they chose their song and that is that. However they didn't and so all of these excuses flooding in about them not playing CE are pointless in my opinion.

Also, they didn't need to have the poll. Good intentions or not, if you're going to make a decision stick with it - especially when you are at serious risk at losing a solid fan base. As far as I am concerned it is just not good enough, and we will have to agree to disagree about the 'reasons for liking Muse' because for me it is all about the live shows and many people will flame this but I do believe that bands owe their fans something to a certain degree.

I know that you have said this with good intentions but really, why is there all of this fixation on CE?

Also, they didn't need to have the poll. Good intentions or not, if you're going to make a decision stick with it - especially when you are at serious risk at losing a solid fan base. As far as I am concerned it is just not good enough, and we will have to agree to disagree about the 'reasons for liking Muse' because for me it is all about the live shows and many people will flame this but I do believe that bands owe their fans something to a certain degree.

If they did a poll only to pick songs of the top results they already play usually, I dun see what's the point in doing a poll.

CE and Bliss were chosen for almost all gigs, so it's kinda normal to expect them to play it.

What would be the point in asking us what we want, saying they'll do their best to do so and not even doing it in the end.

It's like "Hey, tell me what you think about this and I'll mostly pick that one up" and then later "Oh well, fuck no. I dun care about what u said anymore"...

They play the FG and GL shit, this is like slowing down the whole gig. It used to be a rock gig and it's becoming more and more a pop-like gig.

When comparing to old gigs, I feel like most of the songs are slowing down and the same goes for the crowd, it's almost not moving at all durin many songs.

The poll results were all sending them a message like "Muse fans want you to play more older songs, more rock songs, more song showing what u were famous for" and so on. When u go to gigs, singers often play their first songs because they know fans like them. Muse only play the most recent songs and less and less old songs. We get all 3 songs from Twilight shit, we get FG already heard a thousand times, we get the GL shite and so on. What about Dead Star, CE, Bliss, Muscle Museum, Exo-Politics, Hyper Music, Uno and so on ?

They're just ignoring old albums like they were ashamed of playing them. Why ?

But I'm 100% ok with what u said in the second paragraph. :D

To all the comments above this, with the "oh they're forced to play CE, etc" and "they may not like how it sounds".. guys, they played it exactly one week ago, at RiR, it was amazing. And they played Bliss two days before RiR, at paris, and it sounded amazing.

So... tell me, how aren't they playing them in a stadium?

I know that you have said this with good intentions but really, why is there all of this fixation on CE? On the polls they stated that they would endeavor to play ONE song from the top 5. They didn't necessarily have to play CE because they had those other four songs to choose from. I think that if they had played one song from the top 5 then nobody would really have the right to moan... too bad if you love CE, they chose their song and that is that. However they didn't and so all of these excuses flooding in about them not playing CE are pointless in my opinion.

I think it didnt help when Dom mentioned that they were rehearsing CE for the Suisse gig :LOL:

To all the comments above this, with the "oh they're forced to play CE, etc" and "they may not like how it sounds".. guys, they played it exactly one week ago, at RiR, it was amazing. And they played Bliss two days before RiR, at paris, and it sounded amazing.

So... tell me, how aren't they playing them in a stadium?

God knows.....it dosnt actually make much sense at all tbh, seeing as theyve allready played them at other gigs so they obviously dont have a problem with playing them, and dom said that they would, especially seeing as that was the whole point of the setlist polls :erm:

the only solution that i can think of is some kind of last-minute technical difficulties, though i cant think what they would be as they managed to do the rest of the show just fine

I didn't realise this. When did he say that? Oh dear, oh dear.

Play in fact the songs that fans have chosen the online voting?

I think we have no choice, otherwise we were going to piss the fans (laughs). Everyone wants to hear "Citizen Erased", which we certainly have not played for a year. We had to practice really.

I just got home and took my boots off for the first time since 04:45 yesterday :LOL:

Brilliant times. Setlist meh. Drum'n'bass meh. Lighting fail meh, but they were working like troopers to get it going - I hope they're able to sort that baby out really soon.

Everything else... fantastic. The people I was with, the cleanliness of the floors at Zurich airport, the tree-climbing bears and the colour of the River Aare. Matt's face-pulling antics, execrable French and flashy dress-sense. Dom getting to use his legs for something other than drumming and screwing up a beat. Chris just generally being Chris.

Dino WoBellDom got signed by Tom Kirk :D

Setlist (unofficial), as brought to you by six remarkably knackered people on the train back to Zurich and after surviving the night being worn away by the sleeve of my hoodie:

Bern2010-Jun-02Setlist.jpg

I wouldn't say Muse is going away from a "rock show". Didn't they play their best "rock show" setlist in a long time at Rock in Rio? Okay, only a "rock show" would have a large protest to open the show.

it's their job.

What? I'm just saying they'd be nervous. Just because they do it a lot doesn't mean that going out in front of thousands of people and playing music isn't nerve-racking. Though I'm sure you'd know, what with you being an accomplished large-scale performer and all.

You're saying that they're not allowed to be a little bit nervous before going out in front of a crowd?

God knows.....it dosnt actually make much sense at all tbh, seeing as theyve allready played them at other gigs so they obviously dont have a problem with playing them, and dom said that they would, especially seeing as that was the whole point of the setlist polls :erm:

the only solution that i can think of is some kind of last-minute technical difficulties, though i cant think what they would be as they managed to do the rest of the show just fine

Maybe the 7-string broke... seriously, who knows.

What? I'm just saying they'd be nervous. Just because they do it a lot doesn't mean that going out in front of thousands of people and playing music isn't nerve-racking. Though I'm sure you'd know, what with you being an accomplished large-scale performer and all.

You're saying that they're not allowed to be a little bit nervous before going out in front of a crowd?

i don't understand your point. i was talking about protesters only who've caught hundreds of stares. i think muse got used to perform in front of thousands of people. and where have you read i said they weren't allowed to be nervous?

Everything else... fantastic. The people I was with, the cleanliness of the floors at Zurich airport, the tree-climbing bears and the colour of the River Aare. Matt's face-pulling antics, execrable French and flashy dress-sense. Dom getting to use his legs for something other than drumming and screwing up a beat. Chris just generally being Chris.

What was Dom doing with his legs? :eyebrows:

i don't understand your point. i was talking about protesters only who've caught hundreds of stares. i think muse got used to perform in front of thousands of people. and where have you read i said they weren't allowed to be nervous?

They definately don't get used to it, matt says the day of the concert is very nerve wracking until about 30 minutes before where he can get hyped with dom :p

And have you seen chris's face as he walks on stage, even infront of small audiences :LOL::D

My point (which wasn't even a hugely serious point, just an aside...) is that, yes, walking out in front of those people must have been nerve-wracking, but having to perform music for them (even if you've been doing it for years) must be even worse.

My point (which wasn't even a hugely serious point, just an aside...) is that, yes, walking out in front of those people must have been nerve-wracking, but having to perform music for them (even if you've been doing it for years) must be even worse.

if you're well-prepared, no need to be nevrous. ok, i got what you meant. :)

Why are people only talking about CE? Yes, Dom talked about playing that, but there were 4 other songs in the top 5, believe it or not. One of them was Bliss, a song they have played a few times this year, and shouldn't really have any trouble with.

Archived