Sorry if there's an existing thread but I couldn't see one!:)

I'm very tempted to buy a ticket but I wouldn't be able to afford to stay over, not so close to the Paris gigs. I wonder how easy it would be to attend the gig, maybe staying over just the night before, then heading to the airport straight after as I've done in Dublin a couple of times.

Anyone else thinking of travelling over from the UK?

Anyone else thinking of travelling over from the UK?

I want too. So badly, I love Switzerland, I think I better ask the motherin, I spose she won't take it as badly as the Arizona suggestion :LOL:

Oh and I am sure that is doable, Pip. I'm not sure which airlines fly direct to Bern though, the flights I take are usually to Basel or Zurich but it's such a small country let alone the German part so it isn't a hassle at all

I did a quick search for flights from Gatwick earlier, admittedly a half-hearted effort, and it came up with flights for about £800!! I must have been doing it wrong, I hope!

Let me know if you find reasonably priced flights please!:)

I did a quick search for flights from Gatwick earlier, admittedly a half-hearted effort, and it came up with flights for about £800!! I must have been doing it wrong, I hope!

Let me know if you find reasonably priced flights please!:)

Yeah the ones I found with Air France are like over £200, fucking extortinate, Bern is a very expensive place, because Switzerland never had the change with the Euro, the economy has had a hard time, when my Swiss cousins come over here it's like cheap as chips to them! :LOL: If you want reasonable you're probably going to have to fly to Zurich via Easy Jet, the flights are around £60 return. Ryanair don't seem to fly to any of the German cities in Switzerland which is a pain!

Yeah the ones I found with Air France are like over £200, fucking extortinate, Bern is a very expensive place, because Switzerland never had the change with the Euro, the economy has had a hard time, when my Swiss cousins come over here it's like cheap as chips to them! :LOL: If you want reasonable you're probably going to have to fly to Zurich via Easy Jet, the flights are around £60 return. Ryanair don't seem to fly to any of the German cities in Switzerland which is a pain!

Thanks Tash! If I'm going to seriously consider this then I'll go for a seated gig ticket to keep costs down. I've got standing tix for all the Paris and Wembley gigs so I wouldn't exactly be depriving myself and it would mean I could fly out on the Wednesday and back first thing on the Thursday morning with no worries about queueing.

Thanks Tash! If I'm going to seriously consider this then I'll go for a seated gig ticket to keep costs down. I've got standing tix for all the Paris and Wembley gigs so I wouldn't exactly be depriving myself and it would mean I could fly out on the Wednesday and back first thing on the Thursday morning with no worries about queueing.

I should probably get seated too if I can persuade my mum to come, we have family in Switzerland, I think Bern is about a 30-40 minute drive from them. 440CHF for Level 1 can't be right surely? :erm:

I should probably get seated too if I can persuade my mum to come, we have family in Switzerland, I think Bern is about a 30-40 minute drive from them. 440CHF for Level 1 can't be right surely? :erm:

Do your family take paying guests?! Actually I'm only half-joking!

:LOL:

Easyjet. £48.98 return flying from Gatwick to Basel on the morning of the 2nd and back on the morning of the 3rd. Both are first flights of the day. Does that sound about right? Any idea how I'd get from Basel to Bern and back?!

Just been on the phone to my mum, sounds like a possibility :D This may mean I won't be able to do the first Paris date though..

Good find Pip, bit of a pain Luton don't fly to Basel. Looks like this is the main rail site: https://www.sbb.ch Having a struggle trying to find out the prices though! :LOL:

I've just been looking at that!:LOL:

Just be warned though Pip, Basel airport isn't actually in Switzerland, it's in France :facepalm: But it's very near the border so I am sure you can get some kind of shuttlebus/tram into the city

Cheers Tash! Just using Google maps to look for routes from Basel to the stadium and the options it's giving me are too limited time-wise, I don't think I'd be able to get back to the airport the same night. I'm going to look at doing it to/from Zurich instead as the flight is only about £10 more.

Cheers Tash! Just using Google maps to look for routes from Basel to the stadium and the options it's giving me are too limited time-wise, I don't think I'd be able to get back to the airport the same night. I'm going to look at doing it to/from Zurich instead as the flight is only about £10 more.

Hope you get something sorted! Swiss dates never seem popular, not on this board anyway! More people should come :yesey:

Hope you get something sorted! Swiss dates never seem popular, not on this board anyway! More people should come :yesey:

It doesn't seem as though I could get from Bern to Zurich by train after the gig either so I think it's a no-go for me as I can't afford to stay over with the Paris gigs a few days later.

:supersad:

I will still be in Paris and I am going to the second date! :kiss:

It doesn't seem as though I could get from Bern to Zurich by train after the gig either so I think it's a no-go for me as I can't afford to stay over with the Paris gigs a few days later.

:(

It depends what time the gig finished. This is the only way I could do it..

Journey: 3014 Bern, Papiermühlestrasse 71 to Zürich Flughafen

Date: 02.06.10

-

dep 22:34 3014 Bern, Papiermühlestrasse 71 (Walk)

arr 22:43 Bern, Wyler

dep 22:43 Bern, Wyler (Tro 20)

arr 22:53 Bern, Bahnhofplatz

dep 22:53 Bern, Bahnhofplatz (Walk)

arr 22:59 Bern

dep 23:02 Bern - Platform 7 (IC 847)

arr 23:58 Zürich HB - Platform 11

dep 00:17 Zürich HB - Platform 10 (ICN 1547)

arr 00:27 Zürich Flughafen - Platform 2

-

Duration 1:53 , Changes 2

Would mean having to be out of the stadium by 22.30 at the very latest.

Archived