I'm so curious to hear about the gig-goers! Reviews, people, reviews! You were there, tell us your impressions and experiences, good and bad sides? I wanna hear from YOU guys and girls! And I'm sure I'm not the only one around here. It was your gig after all.

hi everyone,

i enjoyed the gig, as i do all muse concerts, but i must say i was a bit disappointed. they just seem to move into a direction i don't like very much. they played lots of slow songs and it was difficult to get into the right mood, people even started desperately trying to jump during some rather slow songs.... it was weird.

and then the whole show seems a bit uncoordinated, i mean what does the theme have to do with the album at all? the ufo was weird, but i liked the moving stage in the front.

the stage is great but in the golden cirlce you couldn't really see it of course, but it's ^such a pity that it doesn't work as long as it's light.

it seemed a bit like they were pissed off that the stadium wasn't sold out (but prices were horrific!) and not taking the swiss people in their small stadium seriously really.... i don't know. i'll always be a fan and i'll always go to concerts but i was a bit disappointed especially after the hallendstadion gig in zurich last year which i thought was great. it's probably a huge factor that during most of the gig it's not dark...

I think haters need to calm it, it's the first of many gigs, lets just see what happens. I've got a feeling that the Stade de France gigs and the one at the San Siro are going to be more of a spectacle.

"Yeah, let's just shit on the opinion of the people who attended and not play what we promised them. I mean, it's only our first gig, no one cares."

The stage looks immense, I love it.

Apart from that, I have the underlying feeling that it was all a bit underwhelming.

The way they just walk on at the start, no real drama or theatrics...and then the attempts at wowing people are a glorified silver helium balloon and a scissor lift? It wouldn't be so bad except the setlist left much to be desired. Glad I wasn't paying to be there. I really hope it's got better for Wembley, I really do. I'm hoping they'll pull out all the stops for the gigs in their home country and do something amazing. Wembley got a longer set last time so they may do the same. *crosses fingers*

Hey there, first post after years of just lurking.

Gig was amazing... I was one of the protesters too. Understand you being pissed off, Deadstar, but I'm definitely looking forward to your vid:D. Great memories. I'm the one with the flower, btw

Me and a few others got into the golden circle for free afterwards:D... I only missed the part of Uprising during which I wasn't protesting and a bit of Newborn... Directly run to the golden circle:happy:

they were still playing Uprising when we came back, and yes, we could get in the golden circle :)

Looking forward to that video as well!

Glad to hear you enjoyed being a protester and didn't lose any part of the concert :happy:

thank you for the videos!! :D

this person was at the show and has details and things to share! you think he/she is or should be bothered to read 100 pages of inane discussion that doesnt belong here when they've just been to the gig?? :LOL: how delusional and out of perpective are you? :erm:

The person didn't bother to read 100 pages, but could still make the assumption that those 100 pages was just people saying the gig was awful?

DEADSTAR;7990496']I'm cutting the video right now. I just realized that we might passed by the editiors and didn't even realize it :p LOL

It's comming soon. Yeah we were able to get in GC as well. No probs at all! - For free of course :)

Oh you didn't? Well I did:p... Tom Smith gave me a big grin and said hello:LOL:... And I was so busy thinking 'bout our performance I didn't even care:$.

Do you btw know If everyone of the protesters was able to get golden circle for free? Didn't see all of them...

Thankfully they treated us way better yesterday than the day before... We even got tea and coffee:happy:

"Yeah, let's just shit on the opinion of the people who attended and not play what we promised them. I mean, it's only our first gig, no one cares."

Don't get me wrong i feel bad for the people who actually attended who are disappointed but i mean those who didn't go and are either moaning about set lists or thinking that because the first gig didn't live up to some peoples expectations all the others will be the same. We should just wait and see other than moaning about it.

this person was at the show and has details and things to share! you think he/she is or should be bothered to read 100 pages of inane discussion that doesnt belong here when they've just been to the gig?? :LOL: how delusional and out of perpective are you? :erm:

You're a nazi and you kill small children

I'm sorry, you're not? I couldn't be bothered to go through all your posts, so I decided to just portray you as something else to manage to avoid having to discuss the actual points of concern

(I know you more than likely aren't, and don't; but the premise remains the same, or at least, very similar)

The stage looks immense, I love it.

Apart from that, I have the underlying feeling that it was all a bit underwhelming.

The way they just walk on at the start, no real drama or theatrics...and then the attempts at wowing people are a glorified silver helium balloon and a scissor lift? It wouldn't be so bad except the setlist left much to be desired. Glad I wasn't paying to be there. I really hope it's got better for Wembley, I really do. I'm hoping they'll pull out all the stops for the gigs in their home country and do something amazing. Wembley got a longer set last time so they may do the same. *crosses fingers*

I agree, although millions of non-UK fans will be really dissapointed, Wembley is the last 2 nights of a 100+ date tour, there is no chance of it being anything other than the best 2 shows of the tour. Roll on September :D

most of the moaning was about the lack of updates about the set, then a fake set came through that was only a couple of songs different but was so much better than what they actually played. Again too many slow songs

From a person who went last night that is on another board:

'

Amazing concert! The stage was unreal and the setlist was fairly class too! It included a load of "protesters" coming out at the start of Uprising waving banners and flags, a giant roatating cherry picker and also an inflatable UFO for Exogenesis I(didn't play II and III) with an arial acrobat hanging from it. They played for just under 2 hours in total with 2 encores.

Setlist included Newborn, Unintended, Plug in Baby, Feeling Good, Stockholm Syndrome and TIRO.

Whilst being a truly epic show, the one thing that I didn't like about it was the fact that more coreography went into this than the North Korean Mass Games. At some times it resembled more of a Backstreet Boys concert than a Muse one with Matt changing costume and strategic stage placing. A far cry from the older days of actually playing a gig and enjoying it, it looked at times like they were basically going about getting the job done, everybody knew what they had to do and went about it with no interaction between each other. Obviously with a show this size, it is what needs to be done and a lot of planning goes into it, but I miss the old days in smaller venues with more improvisation and actual onstage jams as opposed to "staged jams".

All in all though, a brilliant show that was well worth travelling across the country for and all the sleep I missed last night getting back for work this morning'

Sounds good. :)

The person didn't bother to read 100 pages, but could still make the assumption that those 100 pages was just people saying the gig was awful?
you're right. the person didn't point out how part of those 100 pages were pointless comments on unconfirmed setlists and how the band has become ___ or ___ and ___ too (fill in the blanks). massive fail on the poster's part, i agree. who cares they were at the gig, it's the THREAD that matters, not the gig or how the band played :LOL:

are they going to have protesters for the rest of the gigs? or was this just an experience? any of teh actual protesters got any impression re: this, one way or another?

I agree' date=' although millions of non-UK fans will be really dissapointed, Wembley is the last 2 nights of a 100+ date tour, there is no chance of it being anything other than the best 2 shows of the tour. Roll on September :D[/quote']

Most definitely agreed :) Such are the benefits of being a British citizen. I do feel for those who were disappointed. Like the Sheffield gig I went to - it was my first ever gig so I was just in awe and didn't care what songs they played and they were all great. But for Wembley it's a long way to travel and if the setlist was the same as last night I'd be proper disappointed. It's more than likely gonna be the best set of shows, but yeh those who are disappointed I feel for.

Archived