I go GA when I've gone to festivals and it's nuts, but so fun. I almost passed out while watching Paramore(my fault for being dehydrated) and people helped me immediately. Are you going alone or with friends/family?

well, my sister was nice enough to come along with me for one of the last shows, but I am sure that I am going to be the only one to go to this one; I can just hear it; AGAIN? YOU JUST SAW THEM TWICE TWO MONTHS AGO!!! so it just me.

well, my sister was nice enough to come along with me for one of the last shows, but I am sure that I am going to be the only one to go to this one; I can just hear it; AGAIN? YOU JUST SAW THEM TWICE TWO MONTHS AGO!!! so it just me.

Aww. i would go. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy for wanting to go to more then one show(if they play 2 in FL)

my last two shows I had seats and I am contemplating getting GA seats, but I am nervous because I am only 5" tall, I would be stuck behind, amidst tall people and not see anything

:eek:

If you're going to a US gig I wouldn't worry too much: the floor is quite tame in the pushing and showing department. Just be at the barrier or hang back to the side and you'll be fine.

I think I am only going to go to 1 here (there are 2), one is on a sat. night and it looks like its going to be difficult to get to the venue without driving there. there really isnt any good public transport there. but 3 concerts a year is better than none. I am crazy; never did this for any other band:D

Aww. i would go. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy for wanting to go to more then one show(if they play 2 in FL)

I have that problem too! My mom is like "You saw them less than a month ago, why see them again?" :p

I can understand the breathing thing. Just getting smooshed against the barrier can make it hard but when all you smell is pot and smelly people, it can be a bit overwhelming. :LOL:

I have that problem too! My mom is like "You saw them less than a month ago, why see them again?" :p

I can understand the breathing thing. Just getting smooshed against the barrier can make it hard but when all you smell is pot and smelly people, it can be a bit overwhelming. :LOL:

Lol exactly...it's not like you're suffocating, it's just not...good air lol.

I haven't seen Muse since 2004 :( they need to get the frick down here.

If you're going to a US gig I wouldn't worry too much: the floor is quite tame in the pushing and showing department. Just be at the barrier or hang back to the side and you'll be fine.

thanks, maybe I will go for it:LOL:

Sometimes it's hard to breathe. Everyone around me is usually a good 5-6 inches taller than me so it's hard to get fresh air. It's not terrible though, I promise. Do not let it deter you from going GA :D

Good to know. I'm definitely going to go GA for both New York and New Jersey. And if they announce any other dates in the vicinity, I'll go to those too!

My boyfriend also doesn't get why I want to go to two shows by the same band two nights in a row, but he's a good sport and will tag along with me to all the shows I want to see. :) I can't quite explain it, but I love this band like I've loved no other band before!

Good to know. I'm definitely going to go GA for both New York and New Jersey. And if they announce any other dates in the vicinity, I'll go to those too!

My boyfriend also doesn't get why I want to go to two shows by the same band two nights in a row, but he's a good sport and will tag along with me to all the shows I want to see. :) I can't quite explain it, but I love this band like I've loved no other band before!

GA is powerful, I can't imagine what it'll be like for Muse. My boyfriend LOVES them almost as much as I do, so if they come to FL it'll be a blast! I really would love to go to some shows up north, hotels & such are expensive.

GA is powerful, I can't imagine what it'll be like for Muse. My boyfriend LOVES them almost as much as I do, so if they come to FL it'll be a blast! I really would love to go to some shows up north, hotels & such are expensive.

My boyfriend likes them, he's just not obsessed like I am :D. It's probably good that he'll be there in the pit with me too. Not sure I'd brave it on my own.

If I had more money I'd follow them all over (and out of) the country!

Just wondering...Contacts or glasses better for the pit?

If contacts, then I really need to get some ordered :p

Hmmm, another thing to worry about... I'm hoping I'll be fine with my glasses. I have contacts but they're a slightly outdated rx so I can't see as well with them as I can with my glasses.

Hmmm, another thing to worry about... I'm hoping I'll be fine with my glasses. I have contacts but they're a slightly outdated rx so I can't see as well with them as I can with my glasses.

I'd like to think I'll be fine with glasses, but if they get knocked off, then they'll almost certainly be lost forever...And the things cost a fortune!

Hi! My husband and I enjoyed Oakland a lot and are thinking of braving the floor for a closer look in Sacramento. In Oakland there are some over 40s, even over 50s fans in the seats, but the pit looks very young! How do 'older people' (in good shape) do in the pit?

If we just want to be 4-5 rows back, toward the sides, do you think it will be much pushing/squishing? How many hours before doors open do we need to be in line in order to get 4th row-ish? Is 4pm wishful thinking? Sacramento is on a weekday so it may be easier to get close without investing 8 hours in line perhaps?

Can you see okay even 10-15 rows back? From youtube videos, it seems like a lot of heads and arms in the way!

Thanks a lot for any advice/opinions/expert knowledge!

I wear glasses all the time

Don't worry, just don't headbang too much or take your glasses off when you do

So a few people are saying the gigs in the US are fairly tame.. does anyone have an idea about the Australian gigs?

nope...still rumours *sigh* but rumours that its going to be announced at the end of april...better be...or there will probably be violence or a riot!

I think she meant 'what's GA like at a gig in Australia?'

I do know that ribs can be broken on the barrier at festivals like BDO...