I was with a family friend who is over 50 and we stood on Matt's side at the second London date and he was fine, absoloutely enjoyed himself. Though we were standing around people who did look older, maybe if you look around you, those who look like they're not gonna spend the whole time pushing everyone just stand by them and I'm sure you'll be ok. If you think anyone looks trouble before the show starts just move (if there's room)

my friend wants to get to the front without waiting in line. I'm pretty sure i'll be very close to the time of my finals for my classes on that day so skipping isn't really an option. I asked him how he's gonna get to the front, he said "push my way through".

Having kept up with the thread since day one, I would say that classifies as a dick move.

As much as I'd love to be at the front, is there anything i should say to let him know that that would be a no-no?

my friend wants to get to the front without waiting in line. I'm pretty sure i'll be very close to the time of my finals for my classes on that day so skipping isn't really an option. I asked him how he's gonna get to the front, he said "push my way through".

Having kept up with the thread since day one, I would say that classifies as a dick move.

As much as I'd love to be at the front, is there anything i should say to let him know that that would be a no-no?

Well, it is possible to get to the front if you don't queue beforehand, just not the barrier. There would have been people on that barrier who waited outside for hours to get there, so it would be in very bad taste if he plans to push them off. You don't have to push either, before the show starts there is a fair bit of space to weave your way in and out, it's when the gig starts people push forward and it gets more cramped. Tell him to just walk round the side (Chris's side is most easiest) and he'll get to the front no problem

That most certainly would be a dick move. Tell him he'll most likely get a smack if he tries that, and that people have been yanked out before for that kind of thing.

that happened to my friend and I. we had waited in line before the show for hours, but we stood our ground. what made me even more pissed the douche said "I don't even know who this band is!" i turned around and said "Then why are you trying to move us? Get the fuck off..." and he did. and I'm usually a REALLY nice person, but he kind of pushed my buttons a little.. and I obviously lost it.

but you guys could pretend that you know someone up in the front! just say excuse me, and just don't push violently like that dick did to us. and this was said before, but chris's side is very easy, so try his side.

he did it at thornley so he wants to do the same at muse

When you say he wants to push his way through. . .do you mean he's just going to edge through, move forward with the crowd when the band come on, or literally push forward (as in, pushing people out the way)? Cause if it's the last one, then he really is a dick. Sorry. I don't have problems with people just edging through the crowd, cause everyone does it. . .and yes, I know you will always get people who push at gigs, but people who do it on purpose just to get to the front cause they're too lazy to queue really, really irritate me.

When you say he wants to push his way through. . .do you mean he's just going to edge through, move forward with the crowd when the band come on, or literally push forward (as in, pushing people out the way)? Cause if it's the last one, then he really is a dick. Sorry. I don't have problems with people just edging through the crowd, cause everyone does it. . .and yes, I know you will always get people who push at gigs, but people who do it on purpose just to get to the front cause they're too lazy to queue really, really irritate me.

Yeah, please don't do that, have some courtesy. As I say it is possible to get to the front without pushing people and causing a fuss

Approx how rough does Matt's side get? I go to a lot of gigs y'see and I can take the rough but my girlfriend isn't as good as I am in rough crowds, we're going to Wembley and just wondering that if it is really as rough as you guys say, would it be worth us going into Matt's side only for her to get pulled out?

Approx how rough does Matt's side get? I go to a lot of gigs y'see and I can take the rough but my girlfriend isn't as good as I am in rough crowds, we're going to Wembley and just wondering that if it is really as rough as you guys say, would it be worth us going into Matt's side only for her to get pulled out?

Go to the back of the golden circle (if you can) there's loads of space there. Wembley are the only Muse gigs I've had roughness with really

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a lot of the U.S. venues won't have a golden circle because they're not that big.

If the friend wants to literally push himself to the front, I hope he's prepared to get his eyes poked out.

My first Muse Wembley experience - Arena, not Stadium - was agonisingly painful. I was about four rows from the front and it felt a bit like my ribs were being crushed together for the first three songs! I learned my lesson after that and stayed a safe distance away at the Stadium gigs... the front isn't worth that pain, and I couldn't actually see or hear anything due to crushing anyways, lol. But that's just my experience, and it might not be like that at all Muse shows. I was aching for days after, though... even my arse was bruised :LOL::facepalm:

Despite that, I'd never sit at a Muse gig... I just think it's unnatural :p.

Hello all fellow Musers. I am embarking on an adventure and need some advice from the show experts here. Here's my story... my wife and I were going to go to either the MSG or Boston show. I wanted GA tickets but... my wife wasn't too keen on that due to not feeling entirely "comfortable" with the possible mayhem. :D I completely understood so, I was looking for other tickets. Well, she has decidedto send me solo, for my birthday, with a GA/Floor ticket to the Boston show. While I am very excited, I have never been to any show with this sort of ticket and want to make the most of the experience so... here's where you, the show officianado, come in to aid in my adventure...

My questions:

1. I want to be CLOSE to the stage and do not mind waiting in line/whatever. How does this work? What time should I arrive for the 7:30 show to have my best shot of being close? Do they start "lining up" at a certain time before the show? Can I get there "too early"?

2. What can I expect on the Floor during the show? Is it THAT crazy? Are there usually problems I need to be concerned with?

3. Anything else I need to know to be prepared is very much appreciated. ;)

THANK YOU in advance for helping this 40 year old (feel much younger of course) with my upcoming adventure!!

:)

chris's side is definately the better side, there wasnt as much pushing when i went to the BDO (and that was my 7th show), and i was on the barrier as well...and that was my first time on the barrier as well...so i was actually really surprised!

for the O2 shows, i know there were people lined up for ages and they had a system when they let you in so that the people that had been lining up got into the venue first which i thought was really good. at that show, i was on matt's side and was kinda near the edge of the floor area...was still stacks of room and had a perfect view of everything...no pushing or anything!

there will definately be jumping but it wont be rough like at a slipknot show hehe...plus you can kinda predict which songs will be jumpy songs :)

I went into the pit at the 2nd Sydney Big Day Out and it was quite civilised until Muse started, then the waves of pushing and shoving began and the drunk dickheads began forcing their way through. Several times I was nearly knocked down, and was eventually forced back from 4th row from the fence to about 8th row, but at least it wasn't so rough there. And my son stood behind me and became my human shield. The thing was, several times my chest was being crushed and I couldn't breathe, I've since had problems with my heart which may be unrelated but it's worth bearing in mind especially if you're on your own. I can't help remembering that a young girl was crushed to death in the pit at the BDO a few years back. When in doubt, stay out - and unless you're tall, once you've been pushed back you won't see much anyway.

i was at the 2nd BDO as well!!! i actually found muse's pit pretty calm in comparison to dizzee rascals one...that was so rough! so many people pushing...but i managed to survive and had the time of my life! it might also be because i was on chris' side :)

yeah that was sad when jessica michalk died in the limp bizkit pit...i was at that BDO and THAT was a bad pit...you could see the surging of the crowd...and security were constantly pulling people out...was really scary...

As has been said before, if you are worried about it maybe being rough, always head for Chris' side, as it is almost guaranteed to be a bit calmer.

completely agreed...i think everyone seems to be magnetically attracted to the lead singer when ever they move close to the barrier!!!

I was with a family friend who is over 50 and we stood on Matt's side at the second London date and he was fine, absoloutely enjoyed himself. Though we were standing around people who did look older, maybe if you look around you, those who look like they're not gonna spend the whole time pushing everyone just stand by them and I'm sure you'll be ok. If you think anyone looks trouble before the show starts just move (if there's room)

i was on matt's side as well at the 2nd O2 show!!! i had the time of my life :)

Just to be sure, if you are looking at the stage, Matt is on the left and Chris on the right?

yep that's the usual set up :)

If you're at the VERY front, as in on the barrier, then you have the advantage of being able to brace yourself against the barrier and holding on when the rest of the crowd get dragged sideways!:LOL:

But you'd need to queue for that, trust me, NOBODY will let ANYBODY push/pull them off the barrier having queued for hours to get there;)

If you're at the VERY front, as in on the barrier, then you have the advantage of being able to brace yourself against the barrier and holding on when the rest of the crowd get dragged sideways!:LOL:

But you'd need to queue for that, trust me, NOBODY will let ANYBODY push/pull them off the barrier having queued for hours to get there;)

oh yeah that is definately true...there is no way in hell anybody is going to let you onto the barrier unless you're getting pulled out...and even then they'll quickly cut back after the persons been pulled out!!!

i was holding onto one of the struts on the barrier and had one hellva sore arm the next day!

The worst are those people who edge their way in. They do it so sneakily they stand there sideways and any sign of a gap they manage to fit themselves in, I just elbow them the fuck out

I went for my very first Muse gig, actually my very first gig experience, last night at the Indoor Stadium.

I'm 17 this year, and to be honest, it was a horrible experience when the first two bands were playing. That was possibly because I was kinda alone and didn't really know what to expect. It was mad. Once the first band started, this idiot on the barrier just turned around and ran into the crowd, pushing his/her way through, away from the stage? What the fuck?! I was slightly towards the left of the stage(matt's side) and in roughly the third row from the stage. However I slowly moved/was pushed towards the left.

Then there was quite some moshing, like the people push towards the left, then those on the left are unhappy, then they start pushing back towards the right again. You won't really fall though, since its so jam-packed. However sometimes when the 'wave' is longer then you could fall. In fact when the second band was playing I was feeling so horrible that I wanted to leave the pit :facepalm: But I met my friend while trying to leave the pit so stayed with him.

When Muse came on, it was much better. Less moshing and all. More singing and fist pumping etc. I really felt much better. That was perhaps because I actually knew every song they were playing, and were actually what I wanted to watch...

Anyhoo, Muse would be the only band I might go back into that bloody pit again for. Especially if they're the only band playing... And if its your first time too, do have the mental preparation, especially if Muse is not the only act.