The Lumix has been the unofficial camera for Musers everywhere since at least 2006; got mine in '07 for Wembley. Just bought the new 12X zoom/hi-def vid model for my sweetie, now I'm almost wishing my old-school model (doesn't even zoom during vids) would break so I could justify a new one!

I started with the TZ1.

Moved up to the FZ18 (great camera but one of my parrots broke the zoom button so it's only for indoors now!) then finally the TZ7.

Best camera I've ever owned!:happy:

For anyone wondering about the quality of pics other than gig pics taken with the Panasonic TZ 7, have a look at these pics I took a few minutes ago.

Taken in quite low light with a moving subject!:LOL:

OMG your bird is adorable! And those pictures are lovely :happy:

For anyone wondering about the quality of pics other than gig pics taken with the Panasonic TZ 7, have a look at these pics I took a few minutes ago.

Taken in quite low light with a moving subject!:LOL:

By the time your done, every Musers gonna have a TZ7. It's like the official Muser camera now :LOL: Getting mine after Christmas.:happy:

Hi I've been lurking around here quite a bit so I decided to post something. I read that the Lumix TZ7 is a great camera, but it's a tad bit out of my price range. Does anyone use or know of a camera that takes good pictures for well, a Muse concert that would be within a 15 year olds price range? I have about $100 but always get money for Christmas (thanks grandpa!), but not $300.

Hi I've been lurking around here quite a bit so I decided to post something. I read that the Lumix TZ7 is a great camera, but it's a tad bit out of my price range. Does anyone use or know of a camera that takes good pictures for well, a Muse concert that would be within a 15 year olds price range? I have about $100 but always get money for Christmas (thanks grandpa!), but not $300.

It's currently on sale at Costco for $250; maybe you could drop some heavy hints to the family? Really, it would be a shame to put $100-200 into another camera when you can have this gem for $250....

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SD1100IS-Digital-Stabilized/dp/B0012YC7AE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261597599&sr=8-2

That's the one I use. And I'm sure you could find a deal somewhere on B&H if need be. It says that it has 3x zoom but it can actually manage 12x. I use the 12x feature all the time. Here are some of the pictures I've taken with it.

15362_1278524767644_1365750019_820168_6067532_n.jpg

15362_1278524327633_1365750019_820157_572104_n.jpg

15362_1278524927648_1365750019_820172_219231_n.jpg

15362_1278525447661_1365750019_820185_6478181_n.jpg

15362_1278526767694_1365750019_820218_6813348_n.jpg

13564_1283229645263_1365750019_831460_6919452_n.jpg

13564_1283231965321_1365750019_831471_3024069_n.jpg

img4648d.jpg

Ok, you guys proved me wrong about taking pictures in the pit :) I don't think I have yet noticed any fans in the pit with their Lumix TZ7and gear so - I usually see those with their cell phones out trying to tape a song.

So to those who know what they are doing re. pit pics, yay... those who try to take pics with their awesome cell phone cameras... well, just look at those pictures from the lumix guys afterwards, will ya?

Ok, you guys proved me wrong about taking pictures in the pit :) I don't think I have yet noticed any fans in the pit with their Lumix TZ7and gear so - I usually see those with their cell phones out trying to tape a song.

So to those who know what they are doing re. pit pics, yay... those who try to take pics with their awesome cell phone cameras... well, just look at those pictures from the lumix guys afterwards, will ya?

Hee hee! :happy:;)

It's currently on sale at Costco for $250; maybe you could drop some heavy hints to the family? Really, it would be a shame to put $100-200 into another camera when you can have this gem for $250....

I think i wan't a new camera now ! I wonder if I can trade in my camera or something.... it was worth about $200 2 years ago.

Haha I just told my mom which camera I was thinking of buying but then she let it slip that someone is getting me one. :\ don't know if that's a good thing or not. hah.

HOpefully it will come with a gift receipt. There is nothing worse than a crappy camera that won't do what you need it to do. (Disclaimer I'm not implying that your camera to be is crappy in any way shape or form just being the voice of experience and 5 cameras and seriously contemplating the Linux :$)

Well, I actually just bought the TZ6 (ZS1 in the U.S.), as opposed to the TZ7 (ZS3 in the U.S.) The TZ7 was $50 more and I think the only significant differences are a larger LED display, a "face recognition" feature, and the ability to record video in HD. I didn't feel I could justify paying $50 extra for those features, when I'm not planning on doing much video anyway, and I don't care about a slightly larger LED screen. Both models have a 12x zoom, 10.1 MP and a high-speed burst shooting mode. The ZS1 still supposedly records video very well, but just not in HD.

I got mine from Amazon and paid $199. There were no shipping charges or taxes, so I felt like it was a good deal. :)http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QFZMBU/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

If anyone thinks I should've just splurged and paid the extra $50 for the TZ7, please don't tell me, 'cause it's too late. :p

HOpefully it will come with a gift receipt. There is nothing worse than a crappy camera that won't do what you need it to do. (Disclaimer I'm not implying that your camera to be is crappy in any way shape or form just being the voice of experience and 5 cameras and seriously contemplating the Linux :$)

Yeah I know what you mean!! I've only had one camera which I got for Christmas 2-3 years ago, and it's the crappiest thing ever. I am definitely thinking of getting it (the lumix), it is just AWESOME.

Edited by Laureno

Yeah I know what you mean!! I've only had one camera which I got for Christmas 2-3 years ago, and it's the crappiest thing ever. I am definitely thinking of getting it (the lumix), it is just AWESOME.

Really, if you can possibly afford it do go for the Panasonic TZ 7.

There are various other cameras in that range but it's only the TZ 7 which has the remarkably good sound quality when used near the front and close to the speakers.

Even my far more expensive FZ18 couldn't cope with the bass at close-range and the sound just distorted sop badly it ruined my videos at V and Marlay.

I was wondering, is there much space between Matt and Chris, because I was thinking of being front and center for the MSG gig. Never been to a Muse concert before, so I don't know if the center will give me a great view or not.

The barrier for the Resistance tour is broken into 3 sections: centre barrier which is straight and then barriers on matt and chris' side. I was in the middle of the centre barrier in Sheffield and I had great view. Tbh I have been at the barrier on all 3 sides and the views are great whichever. My only advice is watch out for the massive black spotlight on the front of the stage as they can block your view.

I was wondering, is there much space between Matt and Chris, because I was thinking of being front and center for the MSG gig. Never been to a Muse concert before, so I don't know if the center will give me a great view or not.

The stage and pit at MSG isn't all that huge, though might be bigger this time with their huge stage setup and towers. This is what it looked like from right in front of Chris last time:

http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/gocanux#watch%3Dv1421582xDNGEx3g

Great view of everything!

Seeing the recent turn in conversation I just thought i'd mention in here that i opened a final present this evening and - it was the Muser Cam! :eek: I had mentioned that I wanted a new camera to my parents, but knew it was out of everyones price range, so I said that if someone either gave me some money to offset the price or bought me a different, nice but cheaper camera (the olympus waterproof one) I'd be perfectly happy (i love my current camera, but it's kind of big, I wanted something smaller I could have with me at all times)

So I was a bit :stunned: to have gotten it! I've been playing with it all evening :shifty: not particularly impressed with it's nighttime abilities (my other camera is pretty good at picking things up and brightening in low light) but the indoor lighting type pics I've gotten so far are great and I know from what I've seen from all of the people on here that gig pics should be great so... I've got about 2 more months to practice!

yeah, sorry to get into off-topic camera reviews :$

Seeing the recent turn in conversation I just thought i'd mention in here that i opened a final present this evening and - it was the Muser Cam! :eek: I had mentioned that I wanted a new camera to my parents, but knew it was out of everyones price range, so I said that if someone either gave me some money to offset the price or bought me a different, nice but cheaper camera (the olympus waterproof one) I'd be perfectly happy (i love my current camera, but it's kind of big, I wanted something smaller I could have with me at all times)

So I was a bit :stunned: to have gotten it! I've been playing with it all evening :shifty: not particularly impressed with it's nighttime abilities (my other camera is pretty good at picking things up and brightening in low light) but the indoor lighting type pics I've gotten so far are great and I know from what I've seen from all of the people on here that gig pics should be great so... I've got about 2 more months to practice!

yeah, sorry to get into off-topic camera reviews :$

You got the TZ7/ZS3?!