Well crap...This is intense. I bought our tickets for the 10-8-10 show in OKC the second the presale started (5 am my time), and I could not get four seats together. I would LOVE the pit even though I'm only 5'4; however, the youngest in our group is my nephew who is 12. Any suggestions???

By the way, thanks for all posts. Great advice. We plan to get there around 11 for a decent spot, which sounds like it will change throughout the night. Maybe I'll stuff my pockets with food, candy, and mini bottles of alcohol to help me bond with my neighbors!

Maybe go as a larger group with other members of this board. Anyone ever done that?

Hi, fellow Hawaii Muser!

Well I'm 5'0" and I've been in the pit at a ton of gigs, most of them at the barrier. If your nephew doesn't mind being in close contact with other people, it should be fine. I've seen Muse multiple times this year and the crowd was quite tame this tour, so unless audiences in OKC happen to be on the aggressive side, there shouldn't be too much to worry about.

Yes, I've met up with a bunch of awesome Musers from here! Best way to go! :awesome: Sorry I'm not going to that gig!

Hi, fellow Hawaii Muser!

Well I'm 5'0" and I've been in the pit at a ton of gigs, most of them at the barrier. If your nephew doesn't mind being in close contact with other people, it should be fine. I've seen Muse multiple times this year and the crowd was quite tame this tour, so unless audiences in OKC happen to be on the aggressive side, there shouldn't be too much to worry about.

Yes, I've met up with a bunch of awesome Musers from here! Best way to go! :awesome: Sorry I'm not going to that gig!

Hey Liberty! I talked to my sister today, and she reminded me that she was in the pit at the Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Blind Melon concert years ago. She said this will be mild in comparison to that, and that her son will be fine. I forgot she went to that. I hate her all over again for it. :-)

I so wish you were able to come too!!! I'm so stoked. I'm going to ship some leis to my sister's house from Oahu to give to them. I'd take them on the plane, but we'll be there a while. I bet you were the first to ever give some to the guys. Did they understand the meaning?

Hey Liberty! I talked to my sister today, and she reminded me that she was in the pit at the Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Blind Melon concert years ago. She said this will be mild in comparison to that, and that her son will be fine. I forgot she went to that. I hate her all over again for it. :-)

I so wish you were able to come too!!! I'm so stoked. I'm going to ship some leis to my sister's house from Oahu to give to them. I'd take them on the plane, but we'll be there a while. I bet you were the first to ever give some to the guys. Did they understand the meaning?

Ooh, I want to give them leis. :awesome: I miss Hawaii so much, used to go to the Big Island every year as a kid. My dad has a bunch of friends who live together in a place called Belly Acres. Weird jugglers are weird. :LOL:

Ooh, I want to give them leis. :awesome: I miss Hawaii so much, used to go to the Big Island every year as a kid. My dad has a bunch of friends who live together in a place called Belly Acres. Weird jugglers are weird. :LOL:

Your dad and his friends are jugglers? :erm:

Your dad and his friends are jugglers? :erm:

My dad is a videographer. His friends and clients are jugglers. I grew up going to juggling conventions all over (he went to ones really all over the world, from Edmonton Street Fest to the European Juggling Convention, etc.), including the Hawaiian Vaudeville Festival every February. This is his website if you're curious: http://www.festivalvideos.com/ and his YT channel is aplotkin :D

EDIT: This is actually how my dad and I knew Arabella Churchill when she was alive. She married a juggler, Haggis. :)

My dad is a videographer. His friends and clients are jugglers. I grew up going to juggling conventions all over (he went to ones really all over the world, from Edmonton Street Fest to the European Juggling Convention, etc.), including the Hawaiian Vaudeville Festival every February. This is his website if you're curious: http://www.festivalvideos.com/ and his YT channel is aplotkin :D

EDIT: This is actually how my dad and I knew Arabella Churchill when she was alive. She married a juggler, Haggis. :)

That's really wacky! But cool. 'Cause juggling is cool. :)

Don't know if it has been asked before, but if you go for GA and stand sort of towards the back, can you still see the stage pretty well?

I went to Green Day last year and was in seats right near the back and had a good view. Do you reckon I may as well go for seats for Muse if I won't see much at the back of GA?

Or maybe side seats...

That's really wacky! But cool. 'Cause juggling is cool. :)

Haha, yeah I guess. Useful for talent shows. It is pretty interesting to have some of the best jugglers in the world stop by our house. When I was a kid, I'd have people do all sorts of tricks for me, from sword swallowing to magic, etc. :LOL: A real interesting child hood, that's for sure. I've even been to the International Clown Convention, and let me tell you, I learned to be a beast at balloon animals at age 6 (have completely forgotten now :(). But anyways, yeah, we have plans for me to teach people how to juggle in line at the NYC gigs, and I'd be happy to do it at the NC and VA ones too! :p

I've always wondered how do people start crowd surfing. Does one just decide to do it, then jumps on top of some random person beside them and yells "I'M CROWD SURFING, NOW CARRY ME BIOTCH :awesome:"?

This is probably such a n00b question, but the only time I've actually seen crowd surfing was at Muse and I wasn't in the pit :$

Oh wow! Yeah, this should be cake for her!

Good thinking. I had made these origami star lei for them because I didn't want to damage fresh flower ones. In the end, I only got to give one to Matt, but didn't get to explain anything at all about the meaning of it or anything... there was loud music and he was in a bit of a rush.

Thinking it'd be cool if we gave them lei if/when they come to Hawaii. Tom Kirk said they were coming here soon; hopefully he meant for a gig.

That's so random! :LOL:

Don't know if it has been asked before, but if you go for GA and stand sort of towards the back, can you still see the stage pretty well?

I went to Green Day last year and was in seats right near the back and had a good view. Do you reckon I may as well go for seats for Muse if I won't see much at the back of GA?

Or maybe side seats...

The only time I was in the pitch area and not on the barrier was in Vegas a few weeks ago and we hung in the back, where there's a LOT more room AND a great, wide view of the stage. During the parts when they're on the towers, it was a bit better to be in the back. You could have a dance party like we did!

Is it easy making friends in the pit?

Yeah if you're a friendly person. :)

I've always wondered how do people start crowd surfing. Does one just decide to do it, then jumps on top of some random person beside them and yells "I'M CROWD SURFING, NOW CARRY ME BIOTCH :awesome:"?

This is probably such a n00b question, but the only time I've actually seen crowd surfing was at Muse and I wasn't in the pit :$

No idea. I know sometimes people do it when they can't handle the pit and need to get out. A lot of times, though, they seem to do it for kicks. There are venues that kick people out for doing that.

Edited by liberty

Good thinking. I had made these origami star lei for them because I didn't want to damage fresh flower ones. In the end, I only got to give one to Matt, but didn't get to explain anything at all about the meaning of it or anything... there was loud music and he was in a bit of a rush.

How did you get to meet them?

How did you get to meet them?

When I went to the Holiday Havoc gig in December, there was an after party at one of the clubs at the Hard Rock Hotel. (The concert venue was also in the HRH.) I went in with someone else on the boards thinking "Oh, they won't be there... though it'd be awesome if they were!" :LOL: My pic with Matt is on my profile here.

Well

A. You have to become friends with those around you.

B. You must confide in these newfound friends, and inquire if said friends are alright with the avdventure you are about to embark on.

C. Once everyone is in mutual agreement, you prepare yourself, they hoist you up, and ta da....you are crowd surfing.

:D

Thats the best way to do it, though sometimes people just go insane and jump on people. Which usually results in them getting dropped.

Well

A. You have to become friends with those around you.

B. You must confide in these newfound friends, and inquire if said friends are alright with the avdventure you are about to embark on.

C. Once everyone is in mutual agreement, you prepare yourself, they hoist you up, and ta da....you are crowd surfing.

:D

Thats the best way to do it, though sometimes people just go insane and jump on people. Which usually results in them getting dropped.

Much cooler than crowdsurfing was win at 30STM a guy got everyone around him to lift him up so he stood on the crowd. He ended up getting interviewed by the band. They were like in love with him. :chuckle:

DSC00432.thumb.jpg.2cf951b7da8fd6e31eeeba0a7d323e71.jpg

Ooh' date=' I want to give them leis. :awesome: I miss Hawaii so much, used to go to the Big Island every year as a kid. My dad has a bunch of friends who live together in a place called Belly Acres. Weird jugglers are weird. :LOL:[/quote']

Jugglers??? Whoa, that is wild!! I bet those were some fun times. I love the Big Island. Haven't been there in fohevah. :-)

When I went to the Holiday Havoc gig in December' date=' there was an after party at one of the clubs at the Hard Rock Hotel. (The concert venue was also in the HRH.) I went in with someone else on the boards thinking "Oh, they won't be there... though it'd be awesome if they were!" :LOL: My pic with Matt is on my profile here.[/quote']

Sorry, my iPhone won't let me quote your message for me. Did he give you any idea of when the could be coming? It would be cool to make some for them for sure. More personal like. Here's a hard question for you Liberty...do you think we have enough fans to make it worth their while? I know that here on Kauai, when I try to get our station to play them, the dj's respond with "who?", and that's it. I did find one other Muser here though. My phone went off in Borders, playing my Exo 2 ringtone, and a girl who works there said "hey I love them!". Is it better on Oahu? We build the fan base and they might come sooner?

:LOL: :LOL: your post is :awesome: I was gonna ask the same question because one of the things i'd like to do before i die is crowd surf :) I'll probably try to do it during the last song in case i get kicked out :LOL:

No idea. I know sometimes people do it when they can't handle the pit and need to get out. A lot of times, though, they seem to do it for kicks. There are venues that kick people out for doing that.

So i should call the venue and ask them if i would get kicked out for crowd surfing?

Jugglers??? Whoa, that is wild!! I bet those were some fun times. I love the Big Island. Haven't been there in fohevah. :-)

Yep! They hosted the Hawaiian Vaudeville Festival every year and we'd camp out on Spencer Beach (except for the one year we were on the North Shore - long story involving a big storm, kayakers stuck overnight at sea, and the Coast Guard). We did have some fun times, like catapulting Spam onto the pavilion ceiling. :LOL: It stayed there.

Sorry, my iPhone won't let me quote your message for me. Did he give you any idea of when the could be coming? It would be cool to make some for them for sure. More personal like. Here's a hard question for you Liberty...do you think we have enough fans to make it worth their while? I know that here on Kauai, when I try to get our station to play them, the dj's respond with "who?", and that's it. I did find one other Muser here though. My phone went off in Borders, playing my Exo 2 ringtone, and a girl who works there said "hey I love them!". Is it better on Oahu? We build the fan base and they might come sooner?

Nah, we caught Tom Kirk after the Vegas show at the mixing desk - this is the show where we decided to hang out and have a dance party at the back of the pit. There were other people who wanted to talk to him, too, so I didn't think to ask him too much about it. My friends and I brought flags from each of our states and countries (I was with some boardies from the UK, France and Ireland) and gave them to him, so he said that after I gave him my Hawaii flag and a bag of local treats and souvenirs for the band, and told him where I was from. My prediction is in November, before they head over to Australia. That's if Tom Kirk wasn't talking about a vacation here. :LOL: They do have a month off right now.

I think it'd be worth their while to come here. I know a bunch of people here who like them - people I went to school with, people I used to work with, and another boardie on here (Kylee), as well. I'm a bit more hesitant to say if they could fill the arena here, even though it's on the smaller side as far as arenas go. Maybe a small venue if they decide to forgo the towers here (like if they decide to directly ship the stage equipment to Australia).

Do you know about the member map on .mu? I checked it yesterday when I was uploading my concert photos and we're now up to 87 registered members. I remember when it was just me and Kylee. :LOL: And it wasn't that long ago, either!

:LOL: :LOL: your post is :awesome: I was gonna ask the same question because one of the things i'd like to do before i die is crowd surf :) I'll probably try to do it during the last song in case i get kicked out :LOL:

So i should call the venue and ask them if i would get kicked out for crowd surfing?

There are usually signs posted if they do kick people out for doing that.

Edited by liberty

There are usually signs posted if they do kick people out for doing that.

I'll be on the lookout then :shifty:

"In 2000, at the Roskilde Festival, nine people died and several were wounded because they were trampled during a Pearl Jam concert.[1] Since then, crowd surfing has been made illegal at most festivals and concerts in Europe, but not so in the U.S., and patrons can, in theory, be ejected from the venue for partaking in the act. This is usually written on the small-print of festival tickets."

:O this stuff is intense...not sure i'd want to do it anymore

Edited by Victoroy