I noticed a benefit from some 'standing still' during a Muse show. it's fun and pumps your adrenaline to fully throw yourself into each song, but being able to observe also has its rewards.

there really is a big component of "performance" on the band's part, and when you hold yourself still, it's much easier to observe when + how the roadies moved the piano in/out of the way; when Matt moves his guitar in an unusual way (behind the head, both hands coming around the top + front of the guitar); and Dom's careful, gradual drumming on the timpani and giant cymbal for Exogenesis Pt 1.

oooh, and I never made it to Burts Pizza. I was reading on Yelp how you have to follow their rules or else you get no pizza love :eek: I was intimidated :$ and never went

Oooo, sounds a bit like the soup Nazi from Seinfeld. :chuckle: I'm sorry, pizza is no laughing matter. :noey:

I hope you don't mind those of you who posted links to your pictures I uploaded the facebook ones to mine and credited you by your names, the flickr ones I linked to in the description.

Here's a link to the photo album I created compiling them all. Mine are the first few: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=151756&id=504848930

And this is the only time I'm ever going to be able to say this so I'll just go ahead and say it: don't you hate it when you show up to a concert and Matt Bellamy is wearing the same shirt as you? :LOL:

I hope you don't mind those of you who posted links to your pictures I uploaded the facebook ones to mine and credited you by your names, the flickr ones I linked to in the description.

Here's a link to the photo album I created compiling them all. Mine are the first few: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=151756&id=504848930

And this is the only time I'm ever going to be able to say this so I'll just go ahead and say it: don't you hate it when you show up to a concert and Matt Bellamy is wearing the same shirt as you? :LOL:

I think i may know who you are? Were you the one in the self made MUSE hoodie? You also had dunkin donuts? I was the guy who waited directly behind you in the GA line. I got there at about 9am. I think this is you. Not sure if you seen my post earlier in this thread but I just want to say THANK YOU for being one of the top people in that line who were generous and respectful. I hope you enjoyed the show (clearly you did) I also hope you weren't harassed in the pit by...what i'll call "Vampire Hunter's" haha. Good times!

Anyone notice that when the Plug In Baby balloons were released, one just about tipped Matt's amp over? Probably towards the end of the song, a balloon was bounced on stage and knocked into the amp on the stand and it started to wobble. I was like :eek:

In New York he just knocked the whole thing over. It was awesome :D

I think i may know who you are? Were you the one in the self made MUSE hoodie? You also had dunkin donuts? I was the guy who waited directly behind you in the GA line. I got there at about 9am. I think this is you. Not sure if you seen my post earlier in this thread but I just want to say THANK YOU for being one of the top people in that line who were generous and respectful. I hope you enjoyed the show (clearly you did) I also hope you weren't harassed in the pit by...what i'll call "Vampire Hunter's" haha. Good times!

Yeah, that's me. I wish we all would have known who was on the board, it would have made things a bit less awkward. Well, at least I felt awkward because I didn't know anybody to begin with. "Vampire Hunters" is a good one. I was directly beside a few of them in the pit, but they didn't do much harm.

Ok, first of all, this was the best live show I have ever seen. I'm not usually big on arena shows, but this was just spectacular. My friends and I were at the barrier on Matt's side, and it was absolutely mind blowing. I was a little surprised by how tame the crowd was, because I was expecting to have to fight for my life, and other than a rabid drunk girl, it was totally fine.

I have an odd question though. My friends and I were wearing glow bracelets, and right after Feeling Good, Matt looked at us, smiled, and raised his wrist in acknowledgement of our bracelets. It was the single best moment of my life, but I can't find a video of it anywhere! The lights had already gone down, so it would have to have been taken from pretty close, and it was a couple seconds after the song ended. Soooo I know it's a long shot, but did any of you lovely people happen to video that song? I need to show the world that Matt knows we exist! ;)

Ok, first of all, this was the best live show I have ever seen. I'm not usually big on arena shows, but this was just spectacular. My friends and I were at the barrier on Matt's side, and it was absolutely mind blowing. I was a little surprised by how tame the crowd was, because I was expecting to have to fight for my life, and other than a rabid drunk girl, it was totally fine.

I have an odd question though. My friends and I were wearing glow bracelets, and right after Feeling Good, Matt looked at us, smiled, and raised his wrist in acknowledgement of our bracelets. It was the single best moment of my life, but I can't find a video of it anywhere! The lights had already gone down, so it would have to have been taken from pretty close, and it was a couple seconds after the song ended. Soooo I know it's a long shot, but did any of you lovely people happen to video that song? I need to show the world that Matt knows we exist! ;)

I don't have a video, but I do remember that so I can attest that is did indeed happen :)

I don't have the video, (sorry!) but I think you guys were behind us in the GA line?

Yeah, that's me. I wish we all would have known who was on the board, it would have made things a bit less awkward. Well, at least I felt awkward because I didn't know anybody to begin with. "Vampire Hunters" is a good one. I was directly beside a few of them in the pit, but they didn't do much harm.

Well, I didn't join on here til after the show but I did browse here a couple days before the show to get a feel for what time people would be lining up. So I kinda knew who was who when I got there. Just thought it would have been even more ackward for me to be like "YEAH I SEEN YOU ON THE BOARDS!" then I would have gotten a "oh really!? Who are you?" "Oh me? im just that guy who didn't say anything and read what time people were getting there. wha? Me a stalker? No not at all" then I would have made shifty eyes and ran hahaha

so did we ever hear again from BAR0623 on how her winning tickets went? I'm just seething here, trying not to jump all over people bothering those who recently got into m&g or got pics with the band ... I said I was trying :chuckle:

I met BAR in line! She was right behind me and we actually saw you when me, her and another muse friend walked towards their tour busses.

Anyway, I think she said that they needed her to pick them up before the show so she stuck with the tickets she had instead. I heard some guy that didn't even really know who MUSE was won the contest. Bastard!

Anyway, we were right behind you at the rail too :D Glad you had such a good time!

I'm so glad that everyone in their seats get as enthusiastic as we were up at the front. It just goes to show that no matter your placement, you can still have an awesome time. I went to go see Alice Cooper last year and they had chairs for the pit and a lot of those people were around the same age as those who were at the Muse gig. Hardly anyone was up out of their seats rocking out. It wasn't the music either, that was heavy, but I don't know why they were just sitting when they were right up front.

Now my mother is hoping that Muse will come back near us in the fall because she wants to see them again. She was kinda sorta into them before but now she's completely obsessed. :LOL:

Same here! I really wanna see them again. mnomnom

Archived