my self esteem is just fine, I just prefer not to sit idly by when people are rude, unnecessarily antagonistic and nasty to others ;)

What did Matt say before MotP? :unsure:

I'm not exactly sure. All I could hear was "Hello/Hey Chicago...something.. something...back into the States. :LOL: I guess I didn't help much. I think he asked the crowd behind him if they could see ok. :)

I'm not exactly sure. All I could hear was "Hello/Hey Chicago...something.. something...back into the States. :LOL: I guess I didn't help much. I think he asked the crowd behind him if they could see ok. :)

Oh he probably said "Hello Chicago! How are the people in the back? Sorry about that. Good to be back in the states!"

And then "Feeeeeeaaaaaaaaaar and paaaanic" etc.

I don't think they ever release their video. I know they film at least most of the time to put stuff up on the screens, but unless it's like one of the stadium gigs, you're probably not going to get video of it.

Sorry. :(

In that case, I might have to go to another concert :rolleyes: I really wish they would come to the Twin Cities!!!

Oh he probably said "Hello Chicago! How are the people in the back? Sorry about that. Good to be back in the states!"

And then "Feeeeeeaaaaaaaaaar and paaaanic" etc.

That sounds right. hahaha God I love MOTP! :happy:

Oops. Double post. The server is acting up. That's my cue to go to bed. Night all!

I had the distinct privilege of yelling out 'I love you Matthew Bellamy' between songs last night when a silence had fallen over the crowd...

Also, did anyone else geek out when the giant eyeball knocked into Chris and then it came back and he head-butted it over to Matt and they shared this certain smile...

Also I came when Chris pulled out the harmonica...very haunting, as if they were warning us that we're all going to be dead soon...especially with Matt flashing the light all around the arena...

Also, Also...the pairing of Dominic and Chris screamed epic duet...

lol wow theres some muse fans with low self esteem. I havent said anything personal and everyone is worked up. classic. :D

Dude you went & posted that persons comments which you said you didn't want to burst their bubble in another thread.

Didn't say anything personal hey?

What if it meant the world to that person that a band member they felt interacted with them & have someone like YOU shoot them down in flames.

So stop trying to stir these threads by then denying you implied nothing!

I need to share the best picture I took, :)

sam0412.jpg

I have some HD videos if you guys wanna see! Let me know which songs. I have a bit from each and more pics too!

that is quite sick. if u got HD videos, throw those bad boys up on youtube!

I need to share the best picture I took, :)

sam0412.jpg

I have some HD videos if you guys wanna see! Let me know which songs. I have a bit from each and more pics too!

Haha gotta love the suit! Saturday night fever, Mr. Bellamy?

I warn you this is long. But, it may be worth it for you to read, you may laugh, cry, get angry, throw your vampire fangs at the screen, smile, or want to hug me. The choice is yours to make if you want to read this. But be warned...I can dodge vampire fangs like crazy. Muse were my tutors after all...

started for me at 9am, the time I entered the GA line. People in line for the most part were ok. A very young crowd. Lacked respect in the sense of informing ppl behind you that you have friends cutting. I don't mind this at all, but when your people just show up and cut...not cool. Thankfully it wasn't an insane amount of people who cut, so I knew I was still in a good spot for front row but, those people surely cut others chances of getting front row. We were also surrounded by racist and homophobes. That is when I found it very hard to further respect those in line around me. I will give credit to a couple girls who were ahead of me in line as they were awesome in my eyes due to their generosity. They were giving out donuts, cookies, and assorted food and drink which is a rare thing in our world. To the girl in the blue pants, lady with the cookies and girl in the MUSE hoodie, Kudos to you all for bringing your human side! =)

Got in, on the barrier, after SSPU, I noticed Matt's mic was positioned right in front of me which ment two things. 1. fun 2. "im gonna have to fight even harder now to keep my spot" ...

Now being a singer myself, when I see a band I admire, I pretty much go all out in terms of "rocking out" with Muse, Matt ranks as possibly my most admired musician. His skill is something I look up to and respect. In a sense Muse's music "speaks volumes" to me on a "soul" level. If you don't understand that, well, its ok and I can only wish you one day could understand such a thing. If you do understand it, we all naturally we just grin at each other so here is me grinning at you :happy:

So...muse hits the stage...

As the show goes on I notice a lack of "energy" I turn around, look at others along the barricade, then I realize it. To put it simple....this crowd sucks. Now it is natural for you to feel what you are feeling right now if you attended this show. You just felt a wave of anger inside because YOU were at THIS show and you KNOW you do not suck. Well, if you felt that and you truly knew you were going nuts or whatever you wouldn't feel this anger and such. Cause no matter what I would say, no matter my opinion, you would be 100% sure of yourself that my words would not touch you. Now, if my words hit you in the sense like "You know what? you are fuckin right!" Then I say to you, thank you for being a real music lover and thank you for being true. The most funny thing to me was when I looked at the people who were ahead of me in line during the day ( i didn't see all of them) but ones I did spot, they were motionless. shocking. Would you spend an insane amount of time, waiting outside in the cold for hours on end, to get to this point and just stand there sometimes singing and putting your fist in the air when you seen everyone else doing it? haha . Like I said I didn't see everyone from earlier. Once again, kudos to the girl in blue pants again (this is clearly your new name) I looked to the left and seen this girl goin nuts and I LOVED it. People like that are people who you look at and instantly get an extra burst of energy cause you feed off her energy. Blue Pants...you rock.

Anyways the pits lack of energy remained for the whole show...that is...until a certain song was played. Can anyone guess it? You got it right you damned twilighters! When Supermassive Black Hole played, the pit went nuts. This is when I had my "eureka!" moment. I thought...."THATS WHY THIS CROWD SUCKS!!! THEY THINK MUSE ARE VAMPIRES!!!" CLEARLY they were trying to mimic the lifelessness of vampires because vampires ARE dead and they must assume, since MUSE allowed that movie to use one of theirs songs, MUSE themselves are ALSO lifeless vampires whose only meaning of existence is to be in love with some girl for all eternity!!! For a second I pondered if my intelligence was greater than Einsteins at that point. Hopefully that will allow you all to understand the pit at the chicago show. I had to literally threaten one guy who was screaming at the top of his lungs "Matt I love you!!!!" He tried to move me out of the way so he could take my spot. His exact words were "Wtf can you move out of the way so I can take pictures of him! You aren't even taking pictures, why do you have front row!?" Now, I can hold my cool easily and I've delt with enough of this world to where I have developed a skill of high tolerance. I told the kid "if you want a picture I can take one for you? im not moving from here so you can get off on your pictures later" I guess he had other motives cause he told me "just give me your spot!!!" So ,like I said, I know how to keep my cool, so I said "If you don't stop trying to take my spot my elbow will move your eye out of its socket. Then no more pics for you!" That was the last of that kid. I turned around seconds later and he magically disappeared. yeah yeah yeah I know I know, he was clearly a vampire..

Moving on! So the crowd was still very tame in the pit (I can't speak for the ppl in seats) I was still being harassed by girls/guys to "move" so they can take more pictures. Now I don't understand this. Cause...well...I mean isn't it obvious!? If you people were turned onto muse by twilight and you BELIEVE it to be true that since Muse were featured on the soundtrack so they MUST be Vampires...wouldn't that mean that you couldn't take a pic of them? like wouldn't they clearly not show up? Then why is everyone wasting their BATTERIES!!! Silly kids. Anyways, back to the idea of "respect" now im not an jerk. When people would ASK me to take a picture of muse of course I would do it. I understand how people can get worked up and want a picture badly and I understand how much that will mean to people. I also understand this because I have been there. When I was younger I always wanted to get a picture of my inspiration and such and that actually pushed me to further follow my dream of singing and such. So yeah, of course I'd help you out. BUT then there came the girl in the green tank top....

So at about the end of the show. couple songs before the encore. I got a new person to the left of me. I had about maybe 13 of them since everyone that would get to my left would be taken advantage of and get shoved out of their spot (poor kids) but then I got LUCKY! yes! I FINALLY got someone who has clearly been to a couple shows in the pit, front row. It was some guy, I just remember him as the guy who caught the SSPU's drummer's stick. Since he was holding the drumstick over the barricade. I seen so many people attempt to knock the stick outta his hands cause clearly they somehow assumed it was Muse's drummer's stick..So of course I was also doing the duty of slapping peoples hands away from this guys stick. I know, that sounds nasty but its you whose mind went there. Well...I guess mine did to since I called it out? Ok, we can all agree we are all disgusting people. Hey its funny so shhh it. Anyways, as I was being the protector of the STICK...along came green tank girl. She was seriously molesting my left leg. I could have sworn she had a drill and was drilling into my leg to get me to move. She kept saying to me "MOVE SO I CAN TAKE A PICTURE!!! MOVEEE!! OMG JUST LIKE MOVE OVER" Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure I have SO much room to the right of me, let me just move on over for you. No! Wait! Even better, let me go to Target and buy you a step stool ! Hey, I'll even get you a brand new camera with HD recording! People are so demanding nowadays... Anyways she was very nagging. But remember I told you I finally had someone on my left that knew what the heck he was doing!? Well he snapped at her, I snapped at her and that was the end of Green Tank girl. I offered to take a pic for her but nope, she wanted to be right in front of Matt so she could yell how much she loves him and how she wants him to bite her neck so they can live happily ever after!

Muse was awesome. music was love.

Once it was over me and stick kid made jokes about the crowd...and it was over.

So yeah, here is my conclusion of everything or moreso my "Final Review" (DUN DUN DUN!!!!) Now first, I see some people out there saying how this Muse show wasn't what they thought it was and how they didn't seem so "awesome" well I ask you people, did you take a look at the crowd? Have you ever been to a concert before? The reason you didn't feel such a great energy and didn't feel Muse was awesome was due to the fact of the LACK of energy and engagedness (yea I made this word up) of the crowd. Maybe if you were more engaged with the MUSIC you would have enjoyed it more? Im sorry, but if anyone calls themselves a fan, then there is no reason for you to have not enjoyed this show or even rank it as your all time best show. If you complain about the setlist...im sorry but are you stupid? What is this tour called? THE RESISTANCE TOUR! WHat do you think that means? No its not about how vampires face resistance in our modern world today! Its to SUPPORT their current CD! Of course they aren't going to play old songs! They are also in the US. A country where they are still considered BRAND NEW. So OF COURSE they are going to play songs other than the new ones that are only well known! So I give to you all one HUGE.....DURRR!!!!

Alright all joking aside, yeah I know there may have been people there who don't care for muse's music and only want to fantasize things with them. I know people there may have been "posers" or think its cool to like this band. I know people were in that pit that have never been in one before and were only in it to get *the best picture possible* I know girls think they all have a chance to get noticed by muse and get to meet them. I know some people were pulling a Britney and lip syncing the words cause they didn't know them at all. I now KNOW Muse must clearly be vampires since so many people were unable to take a picture of them and went nuts because of this haha... But you know what? I also KNOW that I was at that show too and I KNOW that this show is one of the best ones I have been apart of.I also KNOW this is this same for more people than those who don't agree with me. So I KNOW that without any of those things I mentioned, none of that would have been possible for me and the others who adored this show.Also all these things that I KNOW, make it that much more memorable. So thank you to everyone who was there, the good and the bad. Also, you KNOW it in your soul that this was the best concert you have been to...otherwise if you don't...you are without a soul...and you know what that makes you right? ....silly vampires.

That was an entertaining read! I'm glad you thought it was an awesome show, in spite of the crowd around where you were. It does sound like there were a few twats in the pit. I really want to know who blue pants girl is, though, because she rocks. :)

I warn you this is long. But, it may be worth it for you to read, you may laugh, cry, get angry, throw your vampire fangs at the screen, smile, or want to hug me. The choice is yours to make if you want to read this. But be warned...I can dodge vampire fangs like crazy. Muse were my tutors after all...

So...muse hits the stage...

As the show goes on I notice a lack of "energy" I turn around, look at others along the barricade, then I realize it. To put it simple....this crowd sucks. Now it is natural for you to feel what you are feeling right now if you attended this show. You just felt a wave of anger inside because YOU were at THIS show and you KNOW you do not suck. Well, if you felt that and you truly knew you were going nuts or whatever you wouldn't feel this anger and such. Cause no matter what I would say, no matter my opinion, you would be 100% sure of yourself that my words would not touch you. Now, if my words hit you in the sense like "You know what? you are fuckin right!" Then I say to you, thank you for being a real music lover and thank you for being true. The most funny thing to me was when I looked at the people who were ahead of me in line during the day ( i didn't see all of them) but ones I did spot, they were motionless. shocking. Would you spend an insane amount of time, waiting outside in the cold for hours on end, to get to this point and just stand there sometimes singing and putting your fist in the air when you seen everyone else doing it? haha .

Moving on! So the crowd was still very tame in the pit (I can't speak for the ppl in seats) I was still being harassed by girls/guys to "move" so they can take more pictures. Now I don't understand this.

Muse was awesome. music was love.

Once it was over me and stick kid made jokes about the crowd...and it was over.

So yeah, here is my conclusion of everything or moreso my "Final Review" (DUN DUN DUN!!!!) Now first, I see some people out there saying how this Muse show wasn't what they thought it was and how they didn't seem so "awesome" well I ask you people, did you take a look at the crowd? Have you ever been to a concert before? The reason you didn't feel such a great energy and didn't feel Muse was awesome was due to the fact of the LACK of energy and engagedness (yea I made this word up) of the crowd. Maybe if you were more engaged with the MUSIC you would have enjoyed it more? Im sorry, but if anyone calls themselves a fan, then there is no reason for you to have not enjoyed this show or even rank it as your all time best show. If you complain about the setlist...im sorry but are you stupid? What is this tour called? THE RESISTANCE TOUR! WHat do you think that means? No its not about how vampires face resistance in our modern world today! Its to SUPPORT their current CD! Of course they aren't going to play old songs! They are also in the US. A country where they are still considered BRAND NEW. So OF COURSE they are going to play songs other than the new ones that are only well known! So I give to you all one HUGE.....DURRR!!!!

Ok there are some things I agree with you on this but I have to say- just because someone didn't think the show was their all time favorite doesn't make them a non fan. I'm a huge fan. They are, by far, my favorite band. When they finally started making it "big" here in the states, I can't tell you how many texts I started getting from people saying, "hey, i heard that band MUSE that you always talk about on the radio!" Shit, I even bought tickets to see them at Wembley because I thought that there was no way in HELL i would miss another "HAARP" opporunity. Moving on...

I was engaged with the music, sang every lyric, jumped up and down even when the people around we weren't (sorry guys!). I was one person behind barrier. The people around me were nice but and very young. I also noticed that there were a few that really didn't know too much of their music and were doing the whole mouthing-of-the-lyrics thing (on that note, i just remembered that at certain times of their sets, I'd feel like I was the only person around me singing, so I'd have to stop because I could hear my own voice so loudly. Usually it was during the start of a song or during a slow part). I don't know if thats why I wasn't blown away. Trust me, I wanted to be, these guys are my idols! But if I had to critique the show, I'd say it was good but I felt something was missing. Sure, it could have been me. I've talked to another guy on the board who said that maybe having such high expectations wasn't a good thing (it was my first show for Muse).

But that being said, I'm an avid concert goer and usually go to rock shows. I've been to the pit before and everything. I can recognize that Muse's visuals were awesome, the sound was perfection (in terms of how good the songs sounded, i mean, they sound better live if thats even possible!) but I somehow didn't feel engaged. I think a true music lover is someone who can sit there and say, "I just saw my favorite band in the world for the first time and it wasn't everything I was hoping for."

I hope this all changes in time for Wembley!!!

:LOL: I just remembered something funny

Brian from the SSPU said something along the lines of "The show you are about to see is amazing, and you're going to have a great time. Just don't look Matt Bellamy in the eyes, because he will hunt you down and kill you,your friends, and your entire family"

Creepy but I laughed so hard when he said it :happy:

Haha yeah and these guys behind me said, "Dont look Matt Bellamy in the eyes... Or you'll end up in his bed." :D

Archived