You're welcome. :happy:

It's okay, some people in the PMoT are complaining how it's impossible to get a good picture of him. :LOL:

:LOL:

Speaking of Morgan, I never even saw him from where I was in VA and NYC :facepalm:

At the Baltimore show, since I was seated I had a better view but even then, I didn't notice him until I was trying to take a pic of Chris at the beginning of Unnatural Selection and there he was! I was like "WAIT! MORGAN! :eek: *click*" So I do have at least 1 pic of him :LOL:

They never really talk. This isn't Storytellers. Less talk = more songs.

True, but when I went to see Sick Puppies and Breaking Benjamin they said a lot more than just hi havin' a good time and bye. I just feel like when they talk to the audience it gets them more pumped! But thats me personally

Talking does not equal message. I would rather have a gig full of speechless experience than a frontman twat who tells stories after every song.

I agree. I didn't mind at all that we didn't get long speeches between songs. Plus if they ever end up saying anything more substantial than a 'hey, how's it going?', it's way more special and memorable.

Hope that that's clear...it made sense in my head :facepalm:

Anyway...my one other video from the show:

It's still processing so the quality's still a bit crap.

Oh wow, this concert was so amazing! I'm really glad I got GA tix because what Cyndi described is totally why wanted them: I like being surrounded by crazy enthusiastic physically expressive people. I got my wish, about 85% - not better than 90% only because of the stock-still pothead and his tiny girlfriend in front of me. Oh well, at least he was there to lean on a little when I got on tiptoes to see Matt.

Which brings me to the enthusiasm of the pit - we were like 10-15 "rows" back from Chris's part of the stage, and it looked like about 5 rows ahead of us were alot of very enthused people. In front of that I couldn't tell during the performance, but before the lights went down, I might have been mistaken but they all looked kind of short! Younger maybe? Dunno. I loved the guy behind me, though, who was REALLY into it. Poor guy was hoping for Butterflies and Hurricanes - too bad for him.

I was kind of ticked off that I waited at the WRONG GATE for GA entry (not that I waited long; I didn't arrive til 5:40). Did I miss the memo on this or something? Also obviously staffers I talked to were blowing smoke about lining up early when I asked them; it looked like you guys were fine! I'm glad for that. :)

Anyway I jumped and waved my arms and sang along with Chris and acted like a basketcase and made a heart shape with my hands during the chorus of Undisclosed Desires and waaaaaaaaaah it was fun. Now I think I'm actually sick. But it was worth it. I blew 2 chances to see Muse when I lived on the east coast and I finally got to see them. RAWK.

Really good show bar Guiding Light. I thought that song killed the flow of the show somewhat. I just don't like that song.

and I like it even more now after hearing it live, just now listened to the album version and it brings it all back and gives me chills

Really good show bar Guiding Light. I thought that song killed the flow of the show somewhat. I just don't like that song.

It interesting to see how many muse fans don't care so much for this song. Personally, this song is one of my favs from that album. The music and the whole tone of that song is very emotional. I believe the reason I enjoy it so much is because I can really get a grasp around what that song is about. As in, when it was written with the music and lyrics. Its not a very happy song yet there is a small glimpse of hope in it, but im sure Matt is well aware it is a very small glimpse of hope yet...he still has it.

When they played this song I had to hold back as I was getting emotional. Then when I opened my eyes and took a look at the band, I seen Matt was also getting a little on the emotional side. I guess this is one of those songs were you either hate it or love it. Just imagine having the one thing that gets you up in the morning, that was always there to make your day have WORTH. Then it begins to change into something not so inspiring. It gets lost. Then you begin to experience a sense of insanity for a bit as you're left without your reason to do it all...and im not going to get into this anymore haha just had one of those bursts of needing to explain things. Overall I just am surprised by hearing alot of people express their disinterest in this song when I assumed people enjoyed it. To each their own.

i was just looking through some videos that i took, and we got where the eyeball balloons went onto the stage and they had their little "moment" during overture. you can see it really good and clear, if anyone wants it. i'll post a link tomorrow because i need to go to bed. just letting everyone know! i haven't really seen any videos of that around yet.

I just recently started to listening to Muse, and definitely appreciate their badassness.

My buddy scored tickets for Fridays concert section 121, so the view was good. This was my first concert ever and I have to say I was blown away. I always thought the live versions of the songs always sounded better, so I knew the concert was going to be mind blowing, but it totally topped it.. It was awesome singing along to the songs especially Time is Running out and Starlight.

I'm still on a rush from seeing them live, I can;'t stop watching youtube videos of the concert lol. Me and the same buddy are gonna save up enough go to Wembley to see Muse back to back at their biggest fanbase. It'd be awesome if everything panned out. Either way great concert, and like always Muse rocks!

i dont even care if i was in my seats or not, me and my sister had tons of fun. We even ran to our seats, and when We Are The Universe came on we jumped up, and throughout the whole entire show we were fist pumping and jumping around. I even think the people behind us asked us to put our hands down :LOL:

i dont even care if i was in my seats or not, me and my sister had tons of fun. We even ran to our seats, and when We Are The Universe came on we jumped up, and throughout the whole entire show we were fist pumping and jumping around. I even think the people behind us asked us to put our hands down :LOL:

I'm so glad that everyone in their seats get as enthusiastic as we were up at the front. It just goes to show that no matter your placement, you can still have an awesome time. I went to go see Alice Cooper last year and they had chairs for the pit and a lot of those people were around the same age as those who were at the Muse gig. Hardly anyone was up out of their seats rocking out. It wasn't the music either, that was heavy, but I don't know why they were just sitting when they were right up front.

Now my mother is hoping that Muse will come back near us in the fall because she wants to see them again. She was kinda sorta into them before but now she's completely obsessed. :LOL:

That was my first Muse concert ever and it was so amazing!!! It was a 5 hour drive from Terre Haute, Indiana and totally worth it! We got there pretty much just in time for Silversun Pickups and went straight to our seats (section 209 row 5) I had listened to Swoon before the concert and I think the Silversun Pickups were actually really good and enjoyed their show. Though I couldn't get into the music that well because of me not knowing the songs that well and the crowd not really being into the music. =/ That kinda annoyed me how the crowd was just like a bunch of dumb zombies during the opening act. My friend John that came with me to the concert is a really big fan of SSPU and he didn't stand up but he was nodding his head and drumming on his knees the whole time. The people behind us actually acknowledged how into the music he was and said he looked like he is really passionate about music. I was so glad though that the people in our section all stood up and really got good energy during Muse. I was having so much fun even if I was in the seating! I was singing, clapping, jumping and pumping my fist the whole time! The pit looked really awesome though and next time (if there ever is one. :/) i definitely want to get GA tickets.

Between SSPU and Muse I went downstairs and my dad bought me an awesome Muse hoodie! And then we got to meet up with my a friend of John's that he met on the internet and hasn't ever met in real life and that was really cool. Except we didn't realize Muse was coming on until we heard the We Are The Universe intro. We sprinted like crazy to our seats and that got me so pumped up and excited for the show! I'm a guy and I almost teared up during the moment the arpeggios in the intro were playing and then Muse came on with Uprising.

The seats were not very close at all to the stage but they were dead center and from the seats we had an amazing view of the entire set design and the lights, and pretty much the entire crowd.

Some of the highlights of the concert for me were:

*Plug In Baby: It had giant eyeball balloons, Matt doing like 5 guitar spins in a row, he let the stadium sing part of the chorus and you could hear like the whole stadium singing, and he did a slide onto his knees at the end and played a guitar solo laying on his back. :D

*New Born: It had absolutely amazing lasers light show and it just looked so awesome!. The guitar solo in it was really awesome and I loved how heavy the Headup riff at the end was. Plus that is one of my favorite Muse songs ever and it was so cool to hear it live!

*Starlight: It was epic how many people were doing the clap to the song and again, singing of the chorus. :D

*Knights of Cydonia: A fantastic closer of the gig. It was so amazingly epic! Especially the NO ONE'S GOING TO TAKE ME ALIVE! part where the lyrics flashed up on the screen and everyone sang along.

Also all the songs off of TR were awesome live. Unnatural Selection was...wow. :D The "sias' in USOE were epic. Same with the football hooligan "oy" chanting in Uprising. :p

Oh and also Map of the Problematique was a nice and pleasant suprise.

The whole concert feels like it was a dream. It was just so unreal and amazing! I totally agree with everyone on here saying Muse is like a drug. I WANT MORE! xD It's kinda making me sad though that this might be the last time I see them until their next tour or something. =/ I REALLY hope they will add more US tour dates. Maybe Ohio or Indiana?

My little brother took some really good pictures and videos. He's going to try to upload them tonight and I'll link you guys to them.

They are nice guys, but as awesome as the show was, I could actually tell Matt & Chris were tired at the beginning of it, only because I've seen so many other pics and videos,I'm sure it was not obvious to more casual observers because they still kicked ass!

my seats in Detroit were better than I expected, and if you thought they looked tired in Chicago they looked slightly hungover :unsure: in Detroit :D

It was my first muse concert, and it was absolutely amazing. Of course, kind of disappointed they didn't play more from their older albums or ANYTHING from showbiz. I didn't get GA, and I'm really pissed off about that. I paid scalper prices from section 102, so lower level and they were great seats...HOWEVER

hey Cyndi, it was PAGES ago, but I am also sorry your first Muse show was tainted not only by people in the audience, but by some elements even on this forum that have purposefully tried to stir things up. (same as some of the reactions to your post, PistolStar. so nice meeting you in person, btw!!) I think a well-known American actress once used the phrase "compassion chip" and how it can go missing sometimes. pay them no mind. however on the flip side, take a look at Rule # 1 of the Forum; I've seen people banned for their posts - no joke!

-------

anyway, I think Chicago got a pretty decent gig >> as I mentioned they played nearly all the "non-vocal" bits ... I can compare this directly to the Detroit gig, and Detroit did not nearly get the same count of 'em. Also, Chicago got nearly whole songs performed on the 'stage winglets'. Detroit had no one sitting in the back sections behind the stage, so the winglets got very limited action on Saturday night.

Archived