This is what happens when the guy helping out in the soundbooth recognizes you from other concerts.

13295101501497175802768.jpg

Wish I'd snagged it, but next best thing!

The setlist in Portland was identical, but with no Ruled By Secrecy...:(

That was SO much fun. Who knew being at the very back could be so awesome? I still can't get over the couple that was dancing in front of us for the last half of the gig. I wanted to join in with them so bad, it was hilarious.

What kind of camera do you have? It takes amazing pictures.

I have the Panasonic TZ5! Magnificent zoom!

OMG! Those pictures are :eek:

Thanks!! :D

Those are :eek:

Did you edit them or adjust your filters before the show?

I wanted to brighten the lot but I got lazy so I didn't. Only the first two photos from the seattle set are edited. [Matt on the tower with glasses and one with kirky]. And as for filters, nope, I left the camera on normal mode.

Fantastic pictures Melanie!!! Unfortunately, many of my pictures turned out blurry and the sound on my videos is crap. Just made that picture of me my profile pic on Facebook :)

Thanks, Alvin! It was good seeing you briefly. Loved the hair! Saw your new FB profile pic. :awesome:

I remember seeing a couple of people at Dick's - my bro, dad and I were eating there. I saw a bunch of you guys wearing the .mu shirts, i was jealous yet excited :p.

Dick's was full of Musers... it was awesome! Welcome to the board. Next time, you'll have to join us! :yesey:

Props to everyone who lined up early for this. It was freezing!!! Glad you guys got barrier!

Jebecca/Wazlib: It was great hanging at the back with you guys! Flailing around was so much fun!

Pictures are on flickr!

I didn't realize until after the gig that you guys had stayed back by the soundboards. Glad you all had fun! Might have to try that sometime.

Sue and I got there right when SSPU started. We decided to walk up Matt's side and see how close we could get. We ended up fairly close... about 5-6 rows back maybe. I was surprised at how tame the crowd was around us, except for one asshole at the beginning, but he took our hint and left. It was a great spot for getting pictures. :D Also noticed that no one was singing RbS around us, except for Sue and I. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the awesome photos! I just got the Lumix ZS3. As Mary said, the Lumix line has definitely become the "unofficial Muser camera". :LOL:

Did anyone get pics or video of Matt shining the spotlight back and forth on the crowd at the Key Arena show? I believe it might have been just before the "Plug in Baby" intro. I love the "Megalomania on the Royal Albert Hall Organ" look on his face when he does these things. :)

And is the guitar officially destroyed after the Key Arena ending?

Thanks!

just wanted to pop in here and say it was really fantastic to hang out with some amazing people and I can't wait to do it again! meeting other Musers just makes these trips so much more fun! wicked, siouxz and husby, liberty and sis, James from FB, kelly (sorry forgot your username ;)), roya, and prolly a couple other names I'm forgetting :$ thanks for being so nice to my "non" Muser friend Liz; afterwards she completely found the show to be amazing :happy: I'm having major major major PMS :'( I'll prolly have to enrobe myself in my new Muse hoodie today (... ahhh if it only came with Dom or Mattsmell infusion now that would be :awesome::LOL: sorry TMI!! :LOL:) siouxz just wanted to exude thanks again for giving me the blue I <3 them and makes us Muser phreaks stand out in the crowd :D

Did anyone get pics or video of Matt shining the spotlight back and forth on the crowd at the Key Arena show? I believe it might have been just before the "Plug in Baby" intro. I love the "Megalomania on the Royal Albert Hall Organ" look on his face when he does these things. :)

And is the guitar officially destroyed after the Key Arena ending?

Thanks!

I got lots of pics at the Seattle gig, but didn't take any during Matt's spotlight antics (it was right before Man With A Harmonica). I was just enjoying watching him. Love his smile and laugh. I think someone got a photo, though. I'm sure I saw it on one of the three NW gig threads (Vancouver, Seattle or Portland). You might try looking there.

The Glitterati lives! It was either repaired very quickly or he's got a spare because it was back again the next night in Portland. :dance:

just wanted to pop in here and say it was really fantastic to hang out with some amazing people and I can't wait to do it again! meeting other Musers just makes these trips so much more fun! wicked, siouxz and husby, liberty and sis, James from FB, kelly (sorry forgot your username ;)), roya, and prolly a couple other names I'm forgetting :$ thanks for being so nice to my "non" Muser friend Liz; afterwards she completely found the show to be amazing :happy: I'm having major major major PMS :'( I'll prolly have to enrobe myself in my new Muse hoodie today (... ahhh if it only came with Dom or Mattsmell infusion now that would be :awesome::LOL: sorry TMI!! :LOL:) siouxz just wanted to exude thanks again for giving me the blue I <3 them and makes us Muser phreaks stand out in the crowd :D

Hey again, Jae! It was so great to see you! :D

I wore my new Muse t-shirt to work yesterday. I love that I can wear jeans and concert tees to work every day if I wanted. Well, unless I have a meeting off-site, that is. ;)

Yes! Thanks again to Sue for the blue blinky glasses! These were so much fun, although I really couldn't stand wearing them after Uprising. I can see why Matt gets rid of them quickly. :LOL:

The glasses also worked well for Sue and I when we were trying to locate each other across the floor in Portland. We just waved our glasses at each other. :chuckle:

Jaelu it was me, it was me! :) I look forward to getting together again sometime... hopefully soon!

Dick's was full of Musers... it was awesome! Welcome to the board. Next time, you'll have to join us! :yesey:

:supersad:

Also noticed that no one was singing RbS around us, except for Sue and I. :rolleyes:

Iknowright?! There was seriously no excuse for that. :mad: The words were on the towers and everything!

I've been listening to RBS all week. :happy:

I wanted to brighten the lot but I got lazy so I didn't. Only the first two photos from the seattle set are edited. [Matt on the tower with glasses and one with kirky]. And as for filters, nope, I left the camera on normal mode.

I actually darkened a few and upped the contrast / midtones. They look great as a desktop wallpaper slideshow. <3 Windows 7. <3 the photos even more. :happy:

He's tossed the Glitterati before, not too long ago. Can't remember which gig it was, but I believe the neck came off. But they fixed it because he was using it again not too long afterward.

Oh I saw you then! I was looking for other blinking glasses in the arena and there were only a few. My sister and I were in the seats in the back - mine were blue and hers were red. It was great seeing you, Doug, Behnaz, and Melanie again at Dick's, and meeting some new people there, too!

It was great to meet you Liberty!

It looks soooooooooooooooo insanely dead in the video's I've seen. Literally the only video I see any jumping or anything is during SMBH. =/

I can assure you that Melanie and I were most definitely bopping around the entire time. If you don't believe it ask my poor knees! :LOL:

:eek: Conspiracy! :p

Haaa - the Glitterati Conspiracy Theory! This was all part of some new diabolical plan of Matt's...

Yeah Matt was really mixing up the guitars with songs they weren't usually played for on Friday, it was weird.

Yes - that wa clearly a result of the Glitterati Conspiracy event in Seattle.

I saw you!!! I remember you and your friend had the blinky blue glasses. Definitely a way to get noticed!!

Yep - Hi Alvin - that was me, Sue, with Mel.

Hey all! Finally got home from NW MuseFest (Vancouver, Seattle, Portland) last night. Three nights in the pit, two at the barrier. My neck is still sore from staring up at the stage and towers... oh yeah, and all the head-banging! At least my voice is starting to come back. PMS is now in full effect. Need fall dates announced so I can add another gig to my agenda.

It was really great meeting up with some of you at Dick's before the gig. I meant to stop by the queue earlier to visit with everyone there, but traffic was so bad that I didn't get down there until 5:30 (my normally 20 minute trip took 1 hr and 45 min!

I just finished uploading my pics from all three gigs. They're all mixed in together. Most are from the Seattle gig since I was a few rows back from the barrier that night where the crowd was more tame and I could get pics without getting shoved around so much. Here's the link to all the pics, plus a few of my Seattle favorites...

You got a lot of god pics after all!

I remember seeing a couple of people at Dick's - my bro, dad and I were eating there. I saw a bunch of you guys wearing the .mu shirts, i was jealous yet excited.

Awww - you should have come over and said hi!!

just wanted to pop in here and say it was really fantastic to hang out with some amazing people and I can't wait to do it again! meeting other Musers just makes these trips so much more fun! wicked, siouxz and husby, liberty and sis, James from FB, kelly (sorry forgot your username ;)), roya, and prolly a couple other names I'm forgetting :$ thanks for being so nice to my "non" Muser friend Liz; afterwards she completely found the show to be amazing :happy: I'm having major major major PMS :'( I'll prolly have to enrobe myself in my new Muse hoodie today (... ahhh if it only came with Dom or Mattsmell infusion now that would be :awesome: sorry TMI!! :LOL:) siouxz just wanted to exude thanks again for giving me the blue I <3 them and makes us Muser phreaks stand out in the crowd

It was my pleasure to pass along the glasses - and great to get to hang out with you in Seattle and Portland! :D

I got lots of pics at the Seattle gig, but didn't take any during Matt's spotlight antics (it was right before Man With A Harmonica). I was just enjoying watching him. Love his smile and laugh. I think someone got a photo, though. I'm sure I saw it on one of the three NW gig threads (Vancouver, Seattle or Portland). You might try looking there.

Yes! Thanks again to Sue for the blue blinky glasses! These were so much fun, although I really couldn't stand wearing them after Uprising. I can see why Matt gets rid of them quickly.

The glasses also worked well for Sue and I when we were trying to locate each other across the floor in Portland. We just waved our glasses at each other. :chuckle:

OMG - Matt is just 100% precious when he's doing the spotlight with the amp trick - he gets the most adorible devilish smile on his face... *melts* That was def. one of my fav. moments of the shows. It even made my Enabler smile.

Yes, those glasses certainly did help people find one another, didn't they! But, yes, they are definitely annoying to wear for me - because I have to put them over my regular glasses - I don't wear contacts, and I can't miss seeing clearly for even one song!

Iknowright?! There was seriously no excuse for that. :mad: The words were on the towers and everything!

I've been listening to RBS all week. :happy:

Yeah- super dissapointing that people didn't seem to know the song at all. And in Portland, I felt like hardly anyone knew Stockholm Syndrome!!!! :eek::mad:

Yeah- super dissapointing that people didn't seem to know the song at all. And in Portland, I felt like hardly anyone knew Stockholm Syndrome!!!! :eek::mad:

Portland is trying to become the new Seattle with its burgeoning music scene of late. This is hopeful news of their failure, however. :)

No one around me was singing Ruled By Secrecy either - actually, the section I got stuck in, it seemed like no one knew anything :supersad:

I was the only one around me chanting the 'no one's going to take me alive' part in KoC. I was belting and arm-pumping and everything, but everyone was dead. Though right after the last 'you and I must fight to survive', a chick in front of me started dancing and thrashing about like crazy. It made me happy :happy:

Seattle Post Gig - Day 5 Recovery - I really hope to meet some Muse fans in the Seattle area in the future. I must admit, I'm a Muse addict, and some of the people around me don't seem to "understand." It would be great to know others who do, and to go to the next concert with people. (I went by myself, Friday, but it was still fantastic!) Please sign me up for some blinky glasses, next time. :)

It has been a tough "post-gig" adjustment. I was really tired the few days after the concert. I think it was all of the adrenaline. Muse, to me, is kind of life a way of life, not just a band. I’m thankful to find people who understand that feeling!

The Glitterati lives! It was either repaired very quickly or he's got a spare because it was back again the next night in Portland. :dance:

[

Hey again, Jae! It was so great to see you! :D

I wore my new Muse t-shirt to work yesterday. I love that I can wear jeans and concert tees to work every day if I wanted. Well, unless I have a meeting off-site, that is. ;)

Yes! Thanks again to Sue for the blue blinky glasses! These were so much fun, although I really couldn't stand wearing them after Uprising. I can see why Matt gets rid of them quickly. :LOL:

COLOR="DarkGreen"]Thanks for the input! I'm glad the Glitterati lives! Still looking for some spotlight stuff. It was just "one of those moments." :) [/color]

Seattle Post Gig - Day 5 Recovery - I really hope to meet some Muse fans in the Seattle area in the future. I must admit, I'm a Muse addict, and some of the people around me don't seem to "understand." It would be great to know others who do, and to go to the next concert with people. (I went by myself, Friday, but it was still fantastic!) Please sign me up for some blinky glasses, next time. :)

It has been a tough "post-gig" adjustment. I was really tired the few days after the concert. I think it was all of the adrenaline. Muse, to me, is kind of life a way of life, not just a band. I’m thankful to find people who understand that feeling!

You are not alone! We "get" you! I'm Mary, one of the Oldies. There are lots of us Seattle Musers of all ages, some of whom are hoping for more west coast shows in October, for Muse and meetups!

You are suffering from PMS: Post Muse Syndrome! Got the insomnia too? The only cure is more Muse gigs!

I can assure you that Melanie and I were most definitely bopping around the entire time. If you don't believe it ask my poor knees! :LOL:

Yes, we were most definitely bopping around and singing the entire time! However, I was told by friends who were in seats for all three NW gigs (Vancouver, Seattle, Portland) that the Seattle pit appeared to be the most "tame" of the three. :rolleyes: Portland apparently appeared to have the best crowd. I admit that I had the most fun at the Portland gig, but the Vancouver gig was the one where I got the most bruises. :LOL:

I know! Can you believe that? :eek:

As Mary/gocanux said, we definitely "understand" here. I've been a Muse fan for just over 10 years now, but didn't join the forum until last fall. I've met so many wonderful Musers in just that short time. I was very relieved to find out that I wasn't the only one in Seattle. :LOL:

Start saving your money for the fall and you can join us for another gig. A number of us here are proud members of the "Will Travel For Muse Club" (WTFMC). :musesign:

Thanks for the input! I'm glad the Glitterati lives! Still looking for some spotlight stuff. It was just "one of those moments." :)

I found a couple spotlight photos on Jared's/jared12 Facebook page. Hopefully he doesn't mind me sharing the links here. :unsure:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11961454&id=816910513&fbid=10150145605415514

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11961454&id=816910513&fbid=10150145605415514#!/photo.php?pid=11961455&id=816910513&fbid=10150145605420514

Yes, we were most definitely bopping around and singing the entire time! However, I was told by friends who were in seats for all three NW gigs (Vancouver, Seattle, Portland) that the Seattle pit appeared to be the most "tame" of the three. :rolleyes: Portland apparently appeared to have the best crowd. I admit that I had the most fun at the Portland gig, but the Vancouver gig was the one where I got the most bruises. :LOL:

I know! Can you believe that? :eek:

As Mary/gocanux said, we definitely "understand" here. I've been a Muse fan for just over 10 years now, but didn't join the forum until last fall. I've met so many wonderful Musers in just that short time. I was very relieved to find out that I wasn't the only one in Seattle. :LOL:

Start saving your money for the fall and you can join us for another gig. A number of us here are proud members of the "Will Travel For Muse Club" (WTFMC). :musesign:

I found a couple spotlight photos on Jared's/jared12 Facebook page. Hopefully he doesn't mind me sharing the links here. :unsure:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11961454&id=816910513&fbid=10150145605415514

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11961454&id=816910513&fbid=10150145605415514#!/photo.php?pid=11961455&id=816910513&fbid=10150145605420514

The links won't work for me. I wonder if I have to be a FB friend to see them. THANK YOU!!!! :) Hope to meet you all, soon.

You are not alone! We "get" you! I'm Mary, one of the Oldies. There are lots of us Seattle Musers of all ages, some of whom are hoping for more west coast shows in October, for Muse and meetups!

You are suffering from PMS: Post Muse Syndrome! Got the insomnia too? The only cure is more Muse gigs!

Mary, I think we must live pretty close to each other! Are you a Canucks fan, too? Me, too. Huge hockey fan.

No one around me was singing Ruled By Secrecy either - actually, the section I got stuck in, it seemed like no one knew anything :supersad:

I know Ruled By Secrecy but I didn't sing it. I think I like to hear Matt's voice, and not ruin it for the people around me. And I am sure 95% of people feel the same way. It's not like SS and Knights where thousands of fans singing along makes it better.

Yep = I echo Mary and Mel - we totally understand. I felt the same way until I started chatting with people on here. I've been a member for several years, but was more of a lurker until the past few months really. It is defnitely nice to have other people to chat with who get the whole Muse addiction and don't look at you like you have two heads for spending money to travel across the country to see them play.

I will definitely order more blue blinky glasses for future gigs! The pair I had in Seattle and Portland got lost during Stockholm Syndrome when I went kinda nuts and didn't even realize they had flown off until Chris started playing his harmonica... :LOL:

Start saving your money for the fall and you can join us for another gig. A number of us here are proud members of the "Will Travel For Muse Club" (WTFMC). :musesign:[/color]

I was pretty much in the same spot at both shows and the crowd was a lot more obnoxious in Portland and much nicer in Seattle. We encountered a lot of rude jerks who rushed up and pushed their way up past others who had stood in queue all day to get their spots in Portland. I stopped quite a few of them from getting past us - Philly style. :LOL: We were lucky enough to have a few really cool people right around us, so we all stuck together and watched out for each other whenever more jerks tried to push past us. My husband helped protect this one tiny girl who had to come to the show by herself because her friend bailed at the last minute. He also helped her get an eyeballoon, after I got mine. :D

Anxiously awaiting Fall dates so I can plot my next shows - need them soon to combat the PMS! :(

The links won't work for me. I wonder if I have to be a FB friend to see them. THANK YOU!!!! :) Hope to meet you all, soon.

Aha! I found something....this is from Portland, but still the same antics!! Now, just to find some pictures....

Archived