map of the problematique

dwydav

Any chance of an example of this in action? Also how would you go about synchronising the start of you playing with the start of the control cycle in cubase.I don't know the proper terms and have a fairly basic grasp of MIDI stuff but I mean something like could you link something up (like the "on" switch on the whammy) so that when you stomp on it it presses play in Cubase?

I wasn't using Cubase, I'm using a hardware sequencer thing, with that I can hook up a footswitch and start and stop the sequence as I please. I don't think it's possible to use the Whammy's bypass switch to start/stop, that would involve a MIDI out on the Whammy.

I'll try recording something if I get a chance.

yeh haha! well, i have a korg kaoss pad 2, and a behringer v-amp 2, and i recently bought a midi cable, so i could plug the vamp into my computer, and possibly use cubase SX3 (which i managed to... 'find') to create a map of the problematic type effect, among others. also, if possible, i want to try to use my kp to control my vamp, but im not sure if that can be done

yeh haha! well, i have a korg kaoss pad 2, and a behringer v-amp 2, and i recently bought a midi cable, so i could plug the vamp into my computer, and possibly use cubase SX3 (which i managed to... 'find') to create a map of the problematic type effect, among others. also, if possible, i want to try to use my kp to control my vamp, but im not sure if that can be done

I'm not to sure about that, I don't have a Kaoss Pad unfortunately, one day though, when is the new one out?

If the Vamp has a MIDI In and you've got a way of connecting the MIDI cable to your computer, then it's pretty simple, just connect then, then read the Vamp's manual to find out which channels and stuff does what. Like CC000 controls the bypass on a Whammy, CC011 controls the expression pedal.

MIDI is more simple than it seems at first.

I'm not to sure about that, I don't have a Kaoss Pad unfortunately, one day though, when is the new one out?

If the Vamp has a MIDI In and you've got a way of connecting the MIDI cable to your computer, then it's pretty simple, just connect then, then read the Vamp's manual to find out which channels and stuff does what. Like CC000 controls the bypass on a Whammy, CC011 controls the expression pedal.

MIDI is more simple than it seems at first.

New one's out. I have a KP2 and they really are a laugh, though the new ones look epic!!!!! :eek:

Best thing about them is you can use ANY ;) appendage to control the touch screen.. if you follow my drift :p

New one's out. I have a KP2 and they really are a laugh, though the new ones look epic!!!!! :eek:

Best thing about them is you can use ANY ;) appendage to control the touch screen.. if you follow my drift :p

Just done a bit of research, the KP3 should be out next month and the only price I've seen so far is £315.

The fact that you can hook it up to a PC to load samples seems cool, just because I want an excuse to be a pretentious twat and turn up to gigs with a laptop. And it cuts up samples :D

Just done a bit of research, the KP3 should be out next month and the only price I've seen so far is £315.

The fact that you can hook it up to a PC to load samples seems cool, just because I want an excuse to be a pretentious twat and turn up to gigs with a laptop. And it cuts up samples :D

Oooh I thought it was already out.... hmmm give me a year and it will be on me christmas list methinks! I've been writing a fair bit of stuff of late thats a bit sample oriented so that could be damned cool!

three hundred and fifteen notes is a bit much though :eek: