map of the problematique

dwydav

the seeker on the FM4 does have the same controls you would find on a zvex seek wah

Freq: controls the filter pattern. selects the range of the pattern of sequenced wah filter positions.

Q: is the stop and is the width of the filter

Speed "as on the original, controls the rate (time) that it takes to cycle through the filter"

Mode sets the number of filter steps in the sequence. The Seek Wah lets you choose 4,6, 8. The Seeker allows any choice from 2 to 9 steps.

most of that came from the Line 6 booklet on the FM4 but they tried very hard to give you what the Seek Wah has.

I still think map of the problematique is not a seek wah it's probably not even the fm4 the only thing that comes close to sounding like it is the "obi wah" filter effect on the FM4. it's a voltage controlled filter matt probably used some high end expensive gear to get the sound so none of his 14 year old wannabe fans can copy him.. except we all know he basically copied enjoy the silence

:confused: the forum is NOT for questions like "where's the FAQ page?" or "pop tarts of marshall" :rolleyes: Im fed up of stupid questions, and I'm sorry if it seems harsh when you do ask senisible questions, but you're just gonna have to redeem yourself cos most people here are pissed off. That's the end of this discussion now, I'm not gonna get into some internet arguement with an american kid, and if you make some silly comeback, I'm gonna ignore it so I wouldn't bother.

:confused: the forum is NOT for questions like "where's the FAQ page?" or "pop tarts of marshall" :rolleyes: Im fed up of stupid questions, and I'm sorry if it seems harsh when you do ask senisible questions, but you're just gonna have to redeem yourself cos most people here are pissed off. That's the end of this discussion now, I'm not gonna get into some internet arguement with an american kid, and if you make some silly comeback, I'm gonna ignore it so I wouldn't bother.

So that means you won't argue with me either? :(:p

easy to recreate, all you need is a whammy, midi cable and cubase. Set the whammy to -1oct and on cubase make a midi track and create 1 blank bar, in the piano roll create a controller lane for CC11 and create the rhythem in that controller lane like this...

pic.jpg

Then if you just play a C power chord it should sound like this

Dude how do i do this with FL Studio?

• 1 month later...
Matt uses the volume knob a lot during shows :)

Uhuh he does...

I've never seen him use the tone knob, but I'm pretty sure he also uses the piezo vol. as well on a few tracks... older performances of new born for example.

As for MOTP.. I've posted before somewhere that it seems to be some midi controlled effect, I'm almost certain thats why he always uses the M1D1 for it. I found a very similar sound on my kaoss pad but the rhythm of the "chopping" sound is just not quite right. But the M1D1 is programmed to control other pedals than just the Kaoss so it could quite likely be that. Its certainly no switch/knob usage.

Am also pretty sure the signal switches from being harmonised an octave down on the whammy on the single note bit (when the bass plays the clean riff) to an octave up on the heavier distorted chord progression bit.

Uhuh he does...

I've never seen him use the tone knob, but I'm pretty sure he also uses the piezo vol. as well on a few tracks... older performances of new born for example.

the whammy-ised feedback stuff before in your world at hullabaloo. the low pitched sounding stuff was with the tone knob on 0... or full... whichever clips the most treble :stunned:

easy to recreate, all you need is a whammy, midi cable and cubase. Set the whammy to -1oct and on cubase make a midi track and create 1 blank bar, in the piano roll create a controller lane for CC11 and create the rhythem in that controller lane like this...

pic.jpg

Then if you just play a C power chord it should sound like this

Just given this a go, regardless of whether it sounds like MOTP, it's really cool, especially if you wanted to get a dancey rythym thing going on in your songs.

Just given this a go, regardless of whether it sounds like MOTP, it's really cool, especially if you wanted to get a dancey rythym thing going on in your songs.

Any chance of an example of this in action? Also how would you go about synchronising the start of you playing with the start of the control cycle in cubase.I don't know the proper terms and have a fairly basic grasp of MIDI stuff but I mean something like could you link something up (like the "on" switch on the whammy) so that when you stomp on it it presses play in Cubase?