map of the problematique

dwydav

If anyone is willing to host a mp3 file for me, PM your email address, it may be of interest to this thread. ;)

don't bother now.

http://www.studiotokyo.co.uk/misc/whammymidi.mp3

erm, used a broken squier strat, into the whammy on -/+1 octave harmony (controlled using a MIDI sequencer) into an MG30, recorded using the line out on the amp into cubase :)

not the correct rhythm i know, but you get the idea. enjoy!

by the way cheers to yellowshpere.

Guest bshuker

to be honest, seeing as the guys are using the digidesign VENUE system, they probably have no difficulty whatsoever creating this effect live doing exactly what haze has done!. i mean they have access to live protools essentially.

Guest bshuker
don't bother now.

erm, used a broken squier strat, into the whammy on -/+1 octave harmony (controlled using a MIDI sequencer) into an MG30, recorded using the line out on the amp into cubase :)

i like the random noodling at the end!! haha!

to be honest, seeing as the guys are using the digidesign VENUE system, they probably have no difficulty whatsoever creating this effect live doing exactly what haze has done!. i mean they have access to live protools essentially.

Yep, plus everyone seems to forget that matt and chris' setups are controlled by midi, afterall, matt doesn't have his whammys onstage, just sat in a rack where midi controls everything it does and has done so since '03.

I don't have access to pro tools either, i'm just using a cheap hardware midi sequencer, would love to control it from a computer, would have more access to automation.......

would love to control it from a computer, would have more access to automation.......

That's what I'm trying to sort out. Since I've got a Laptop I wanna take advantage of using midi controlling and Comp software on and as effects. My mate who's been working with midi and midi controlling is go try help me in setting up a midi control system.

That's what I'm trying to sort out. Since I've got a Laptop I wanna take advantage of using midi controlling and Comp software on and as effects. My mate who's been working with midi and midi controlling is go try help me in setting up a midi control system.

I've been trying to do that too, I did figure out all the commands and channels and things in cubase for the whammy, but for some reason I couldn't get the computer to recognise my usb-midi lead :(

I've been trying to do that too, I did figure out all the commands and channels and things in cubase for the whammy, but for some reason I couldn't get the computer to recognise my usb-midi lead :(

ah shit. i dunno what I'm gona use for my software but it's gotta all be mac compatible.

don't bother now.

if you turn the volume up can you hear it self oscilate (i think thats what its called)

lol i have cubase and reason 3.0 but no whammy or midi-acces tools anywhere :)

But you can also turn your amp on always far away distortion and feedback it with an other distortion. And then just pick up in random rhythms, you just need to stay in the original measure with your random picking. Easy as ass :p

Well, it is not the perfect matt-way but want you want? No one can afford a his shit from backstage so... I will work fine on a 10 watt amp with Squier guitar :)

By the way... What would you recommand in the FX effects to buy?

lol i have cubase and reason 3.0 but no whammy or midi-acces tools anywhere :)

But you can also turn your amp on always far away distortion and feedback it with an other distortion. And then just pick up in random rhythms, you just need to stay in the original measure with your random picking. Easy as ass :p

Well, it is not the perfect matt-way but want you want? No one can afford a his shit from backstage so... I will work fine on a 10 watt amp with Squier guitar :)

By the way... What would you recommand in the FX effects to buy?

:stunned: Digitech Whammy and a MIDI Sequencer

Can you get the step effect using Logic Edication and a Whammy?

I read this thread yesterday and thought I'd try something myself with my BOSS gt-8...

What do you think? I know it needs tweaking, its been a 5 mins job. Also, the timing is really off, but its just to give you an idea. What do you think needs improvement?

http://users.dfu-clan.net/yorin/motp.mp3

very good, *impressed*

now go make your own sequence and itd be cooler!