map of the problematique

dwydav

the rythum to the step works with it.

You mean you've listened to the song and demo at the same time? :D

Well it does say "step flange" in the tab book. What other "step flange" do we know of? The writers of the book must have achieved the sound somehow

I just listened to the demo of that pedal again and it does sound right. It's just the chords that are being stroke out of time.

You mean you've listened to the song and demo at the same time? :D

Well it does say "step flange" in the tab book. What other "step flange" do we know of? The writers of the book must have achieved the sound somehow

I just listened to the demo of that pedal again and it does sound right. It's just the chords that are being stroke out of time.

:rolleyes: the writers of that book wrote step-flange clearly with the digitech turbo flange or whatever it is in mind, probably because it's the pedal they used that got the closest sound.

i have two step-style phasers that can both pretty much nail the sound. basically any sample-and-hold stepping style filter will give you a decent enough sound - ooh- or seek-wah will be close enough too.

yeah I've listened to the dem owith map playing and it seems to fit. but not all step functions are good. the one on a Zoom GFX-1 isn't shite. I've tried it on my GFX-1 and it untweekable really. you get strong shifts but out of time or right timing (really) with weak shifts.

theres a line 6 liqua flange as well on the go that has a step flange effect on it but i dunno if it will fit the bill

when i watched muse on jools holland matt was turning something on a grey box after strumming each chord and theres definately a whammy hamonising an octave above in there somewhere

Okay, so I understand that the Kaoss Pad 2 does have some sequencer effects built in. Have any of you actually read the pads features? It looks to me as if this effect is simply achieved from the Koass Pas to me. Has anyone on here actually got a Kaoss Pad?

"You’re in Sync with Special BPM Effects

Sync delay time or the LFO of modulation effects such as pan, phaser or flanger to the beat with the KP2’s 20 specially programmed BPM effects. You can use the Auto BPM function to detect the speed of an input source, adjust the BPM manually, tap in the tempo yourself, or even sync the KP2 to incoming MIDI Clock messages. Eight new BPM patterns can be triggered from the touch pad, allowing rhythm and bass synth patterns to be played, perfectly synchronized to the BPM.

Sampling with Effects

Plug into the KP2’s audio input and sample up to six seconds of sound at 44.1 kHz. The KP2 has two sample keys for a total of twelve seconds of sampling. Run the samples through the KP2’s effects. Or you can process a sound through the effects and then sample it. Use the touch pad to apply time-stretch, reverse-playback, pitch shift, or scratch effects to the samples for unlimited creative possibilities."

Makes sense to me :erm:

EDIT: Have you not noticed that Matt always seems to use a MIDI guitar (ie. the new black manson, the new cracked mirror with the x/y pads?)