map of the problematique

dwydav

Si has a Kaoss Pad and has tried this, no matter what he did, he couldn't get anything dead on and I think he was still using +1oct harmony on a Whammy.

So in conclusion, it's not a Kaoss Pad :)

The thing is, we don't really know what is in Matt's rack anymore, there's been no good pics of it. Plus, Jonny Greenwood runs his guitar through a laptop for certain effects, yet you don't see one on stage...and Matt's Whammies are in his rack and you can't see what is hooked up to them.

If you listen to the live versions you can hear the sound glitching just like the whammy does when you play chords through it...pointless information really given that you've already decided what the effect is! :LOL:

I'm amazed when people here want, say a whammy, and can't tell when one is being used, same goes for the Fuzz Factory.

;):)

Plus, Jonny Greenwood runs his guitar through a laptop for certain effects, yet you don't see one on stage...

I thought it was quite obvious to see the Greenwoods laptop on stage. He has it on the table full of synths and gadgets.

Anyway, I saw one of the techs with a laptop near Matts rack at Eden. Its possible that was providing sequencing duties / changing presets.

Oh yeah... Not sure if its been mentioned but..

The Roger Linn Addrenalinn has got programmable pitch shifting sequencing abilites, and will sync with midi clock. And its a pedal. So that will do the whole Whammy / sequencer thing without the computers.

Its also got all sorts of step flanges, step filters, and various other forms of step.

I bet it can nail the effect. Maybe one day I will play around with mine.

so you could mix the synth sound and the guitar sound together somehow???

That'd be no different to Chris running his bass through Matt's piano or any other hilariously impractical and pointless combinations. All you'd do is have the synth running into a PA as you would with any other instrument and mix the various tracks there. It's not an effects pedal/processor, it's an instrument in it's own right.

That'd be no different to Chris running his bass through Matt's piano or any other hilariously impractical and pointless combinations. All you'd do is have the synth running into a PA as you would with any other instrument and mix the various tracks there. It's not an effects pedal/processor, it's an instrument in it's own right.

well thats how they made the guitar in stockholm syndrome dude

edit- and it is an effecs proccessor also

well thats how they made the guitar in stockholm syndrome dude

edit- and it is an effecs proccessor also

Actually, that's not what they did for Stockholm Syndrome.

They used a piece of software to mix together the sound of a distorted guitar and a synth. Hysteria is a mixture of a synth and a distorted bass.

I do get sick of repeating that constantly, especially when Rich Costey and Muse have said it themselves in interviews.

A synth isn't an effects processor in the same way that a guitar multi-fx is which I suspect is how you were talking about using one. Like Haze says SS was made by combining 2 separate tracks, not by somehow plugging a guitar into a synth.

there are guitar synths you can buy. Roland GR-20 or VG-88 (i think that's what they are) all you need is a GK3 undivided pickup which i know you can get for free with the GR-20

there are guitar synths you can buy. Roland GR-20 or VG-88 (i think that's what they are) all you need is a GK3 undivided pickup which i know you can get for free with the GR-20

Fair enough, I don't know enough about guitar synths to comment really but I'm guessing they differ a fair bit from the Korg in that video (and whatever's used on the recording).

Fair enough, I don't know enough about guitar synths to comment really but I'm guessing they differ a fair bit from the Korg in that video (and whatever's used on the recording).

i was looking into it a few months back, interested n getting one but i never got too much i just know that they're synths for guitar.

I think he hits a harmonic at the start, or maybe feedback.

I think it's more obvious there that it's a pitchshifter than anything I've seen, listen to all the different notes before he starts playing the chords...

Fuzz + filter does that.... The filter emphasises different harmonics in the fuzz tone, which are already massively emphasised by the fuzz.