Resistance Tour T-Shirts?

museareawesome

Hey guys,

I know its a bit of late notice but I've had a thought (and yes, it hurt :p). For The Resistance Tour, we should get t-shirts made that says something like "I'm on the Muse Forums" or some sort of Muse-ish code so we can see who is on the boards at the gigs.

I hope that made sense and like to hear what you think... :D

edit: (info post for ordering shirts / shirt design: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?p=6670595#post6670595)

Yeah, something along those lines. I knew the t-shirts werent a great idea but think we should have something that shows who we are :D

I have an idea. Let's make a piece of artwork and post it somewhere as a PDF to download. Each person could download it, print it on one of those iron-on transfer sheets, and make their own t-shirt that way.

They even sell iron-on transfer sheets that are opaque, so you can put it on a black shirt. In the states, sheets of transfer paper run about $5 for a 3 pack.

It's not a silly idea:)

Lots of us had special t-shirts printed (designed by Olly) for the Marlay Park gig in Dublin last year ;) They didn't actually have the words ''I'm on the forums'' but they were designed specifically for the gig :)

I have an idea. Let's make a piece of artwork and post it somewhere as a PDF to download. Each person could download it, print it on one of those iron-on transfer sheets, and make their own t-shirt that way.

They even sell iron-on transfer sheets that are opaque, so you can put it on a black shirt. In the states, sheets of transfer paper run about $5 for a 3 pack.

Oooh, that does sound like a good idea. I'd totally do that. :)

Here's a concept I whipped up based on the Resistance artwork - I thought it'd be smart to reference the band visually, but just use the URL for the text.

It'd be really cool if we put it on the back between the shoulders - you know, small and tasty. I feel like shirts with huge graphics look like they're trying too hard to say, "LOOK AT ME!"

Shirt placement:

3995749631_22b6cfdd26_o.jpg

Close up:

3995749677_4653a44d24_o.jpg

I don't know if we want to have them generic, and say "Board member" or "Forum member," or if we want to try and customize them. I can save it so anyone who has Adobe Photoshop can alter the text (to enter your username), but those without PS might be out of luck....

Here's a concept I whipped up based on the Resistance artwork - I thought it'd be smart to reference the band visually, but just use the URL for the text.

It'd be really cool if we put it on the back between the shoulders - you know, small and tasty. I feel like shirts with huge graphics look like they're trying too hard to say, "LOOK AT ME!"

Shirt placement:

3995749631_22b6cfdd26_o.jpg

Close up:

3995749677_4653a44d24_o.jpg

I don't know if we want to have them generic, and say "Board member" or "Forum member," or if we want to try and customize them. I can save it so anyone who has Adobe Photoshop can alter the text (to enter your username), but those without PS might be out of luck....

Logo needs to be lower down, or on the front, for those with long hair ;)

There may be a copyright issue with the Resistance artwork too.

That looks cool, but I agree w/ Pip about placement. But I guess if it's an iron on, you can put it wherever you want. The copyright thing could be a problem, but maybe we could get permission. I mean, we are the "official" messageboard. Personally I like the idea of Forum member better than Board Member, because board member makes me think of corporacracy.

A custom T shirt shop just opened near us. I can go find out pricing, if you would like an idea. Might be able to get a bulk rate, if there are enough of us. Anybody good at original artwork? Once the venue is announced, that could give us some ideas.

Edit: I was thinking this was a local post, for some reason. DYI t-shirts would be easier and more than likely cheaper. I'll shut up now.

I think next time I go to a gig I'll just run over a mallard with my car on the way and then staple it to a muse shirt :yesey:

Hilarious:LOL:

Someone needs to contact Olly - he's a design wizard and as Pip says, his Marlay tee design was outstanding - I still have one somewhere.

I was wondering whether to buy a resistance flag - I imagine only us board members would be daft enough to a) buy one and b) take it to the gigs:LOL:

I was wondering whether to buy a resistance flag - I imagine only us board members would be daft enough to a) buy one and b) take it to the gigs:LOL:

I want one but I don't know what I'd with it once it arrived!:LOL::LOL:

I like the Resistance logo idea just with .mu and username - like a secret society, but does that make us 'us' or 'them' :LOL:

I can't imagine there would be any copyright probs, I mean it's not like they are for sale or anything, no one would be making any money out of them.

As for the flag, I had mine (from teignmouth, 4th) on the wall of my bar, but people kept trying to nick it (even people who'd never heard of Muse) so now it's on the wall above my computer.:happy:

Archived