Resistance Tour T-Shirts?

museareawesome

I can't imagine there would be any copyright probs, I mean it's not like they are for sale or anything, no one would be making any money out of them.

Olly's design wasn't for sale either but he had to change the design due to copyright issues so I think the same would apply if the album artwork were reproduced on a t-shirt.

Hey, has anyone outside of the UK ordered from the UK shop? There are some really cool new T's there, but the same ole same ole in the US shop. I was wondering how high the shipping would be.

I think I figured it to be around $45 total to get a shirt from the UK shop. I forget how much of that was shipping, but with the s/h and exchange rate, that's what it works out to, I think. Ugh!

Ok, looking at all the feedback, I comped up a new idea. Same concept, significant execution changes:

4004724627_4140485493_o.jpg

This artwork is definitely "Inspired by" rather than "Taken from." I didn't think copyright was generally an issue for non-sale items, but I don't want to be disrespectful in any way.

The new beehive pattern I think is similar enough for recognition, but is obviously different (more limited color palette, singular perspective instead of curved, etc).

To keep the design nice and uncluttered, I'm thinking we keep the main graphic on the front, and have a secondary graphic on the armband, which would be customizable with each person's username.

The shape of the graphic is complex, and would take some time to cut out, but I did pay attention to make sure the outside edges are straight lines, so there shouldn't be much concern by people who aren't great with an xacto knife.

I tried to take everything mentioned into consideration. Thoughts on the new design?

Ok, looking at all the feedback, I comped up a new idea. Same concept, significant execution changes:

This artwork is definitely "Inspired by" rather than "Taken from." I didn't think copyright was generally an issue for non-sale items, but I don't want to be disrespectful in any way.

The new beehive pattern I think is similar enough for recognition, but is obviously different (more limited color palette, singular perspective instead of curved, etc).

To keep the design nice and uncluttered, I'm thinking we keep the main graphic on the front, and have a secondary graphic on the armband, which would be customizable with each person's username.

The shape of the graphic is complex, and would take some time to cut out, but I did pay attention to make sure the outside edges are straight lines, so there shouldn't be much concern by people who aren't great with an xacto knife.

I tried to take everything mentioned into consideration. Thoughts on the new design?

That's really nice :)

I'm sold, where can we get the design?

YAY - I'm happy the reaction is so positive!

I can post it on my website for download. The file will need a bit of adjusting and formatting to make it more like a template that people can alter on their own (to enter your own username).

That is where I need help from you all - What kind of format can I provide that will be editable by everyone? Here are formats I often use:

PDF - editable by Adobe Acrobat Pro (I'm not sure about the free reader software)

EPS or AI - editable by Adobe Illustrator

PSD - editable by Adobe Photoshop

..... and worse case scenario, I can drop it into Microsoft Word. I'd like to avoid this, because Microsoft products don't manage color well, so there may be color shifting. But, I know it's far more common than most design programs, so we can use this as a last resort.

YAY - I'm happy the reaction is so positive!

I can post it on my website for download. The file will need a bit of adjusting and formatting to make it more like a template that people can alter on their own (to enter your own username).

That is where I need help from you all - What kind of format can I provide that will be editable by everyone? Here are formats I often use:

PDF - editable by Adobe Acrobat Pro (I'm not sure about the free reader software)

EPS or AI - editable by Adobe Illustrator

PSD - editable by Adobe Photoshop

..... and worse case scenario, I can drop it into Microsoft Word. I'd like to avoid this, because Microsoft products don't manage color well, so there may be color shifting. But, I know it's far more common than most design programs, so we can use this as a last resort.

Wow, love the design! :)

If it's not too much trouble, maybe you can post templates in Photoshop and Acrobat?

Oh wow :D i really want that shirt haha, could we actually get them? haha

Haha nice, i dont get where you actually upload the image to though, just says enter ur text here :/

I can't remember how I did it! Sorry! :$

Remember not to try and get them to print anything subject to copyright law (such as the official album artwork or the Muse logo) because they won't accept your order ;)

http://www.spreadshirt.net/en/GB/Service/Help-1328/categoryId/4/articleId/45

I can't remember how I did it! Sorry! :$

Remember not to try and get them to print anything subject to copyright law (such as the official album artwork or the Muse logo) because they won't accept your order ;)

http://www.spreadshirt.net/en/GB/Service/Help-1328/categoryId/4/articleId/45

haha, yeah i know that would be devastating! And oh well, i still cant how you do it! Hmmmm :LOL:

Archived