Anxyous

Well it was until you started discussing you're potential reporting.

What has this world become if we cannot call ourselves cunts anymore! That is if you are being reported

Must be a sad life if you haven't made a post since 2010, but still come on to report posts you find offensive.

That being said, it must be a pretty sad life when most of your day is spent arguing on the internet.

Yeah, an example would be pretty much everything he does.

But compare the "RESISTAAAAANCE", the high note at the end of the song from Glastonbury and the studio version.

E is an easy vowel to use for high notes, while A and I are much harder. In the studio version he sings "Resesteeeeence", which sounds perfectly fine, it's not like it's noticeable.

And then live at Glastonbury he sings "Resiiiiaaaastaaaaance", which is just silly really. No wonder he's feeling like he can't do it.

Not so. I suppose it varies. For me, A vowels are a thousand time easier to sustain than the E sound when I'm trying to sustain G#4's and A4's.

Must be a sad life if you haven't made a post since 2010, but still come on to report posts you find offensive.

That being said, it must be a pretty sad life when most of your day is spent arguing on the internet.

At least your arguing makes sense/is entertaining.

First off, the first syllable is irrelevant, it's the end of the word that is sustained. And it's also the end of the word that he pronounces differently live compared to studio. And a lot of vocal coaches will teach you about the correct use of vowels, so please don't try and imply that it's all random or chance.

And that was hardly the point either. I have no idea if it was intentional or not. If it wasn't, then that has still nothing to do with if the syllable is a schwa or not. Because the fact that you're singing and not talking instantly invalidates schwa.

I'm simply making an observation that he uses a more difficult vowel live. And if he doesn't notice it himself, he's an idiot.

Ok then, it's the last syllable. Also a schwa, therefore when he sustains it, it's an 'aaah' sound. The word is 'resistAnce', not resistEnce, so my guess is he wants to say the word correctly rather than make it easier to sing live.

Ok then, it's the last syllable. Also a schwa, therefore when he sustains it, it's an 'aaah' sound. The word is 'resistAnce', not resistEnce, so my guess is he wants to say the word correctly rather than make it easier to sing live.

Then why would he sing it wrong in the studio version?

And also, he sings Resiastance in loads of performances. But I assume you have an explanation for that too?

And also, that's complete nonsense. Matt has never bothered with correct pronunciation before, why would he start now? And why just on that song?

And also, he sings Resiastance in loads of performances. But I assume you have an explanation for that too?

And also, that's complete nonsense. Matt has never bothered with correct pronunciation before, why would he start now? And why just on that song?

He does the vowel-change during chest voice notes alot really. He may find it easier to sustain the note when he does that.

He does the vowel-change during chest voice notes alot really. He may find it easier to sustain the note when he does that.

Exactly. Anyone who has any idea when and how often Matt does it should understand that he doesn't give a fuck about proper pronunciation.

Jesus Christ you're a touchy one aren't ya? No need to get angry, maybe you're right and he's being stupid. I don't analyse every single performance of Resistance to check whether he's pronouncing one or two syllables wrongly or rightly, frankly you need to get out more if you do, I just saw an opportunity to divert the conversation towards linguistics and couldn't resist.

Anywho, I don't know why he doesn't sing the two syllables in an easier vowel sound. Nor do you. I don't care, and I don't think it detracts from the music in any way. Just enjoy it and stop worrying about it so much.

Jesus Christ you're a touchy one aren't ya? No need to get angry, maybe you're right and he's being stupid. I don't analyse every single performance of Resistance to check whether he's pronouncing one or two syllables wrongly or rightly, frankly you need to get out more if you do, I just saw an opportunity to divert the conversation towards linguistics and couldn't resist.

Anywho, I don't know why he doesn't sing the two syllables in an easier vowel sound. Nor do you. I don't care, and I don't think it detracts from the music in any way. Just enjoy it and stop worrying about it so much.

That's exactly what it does since he chooses to do it in falsetto instead.

And don't worry, analysing a song doesn't take longer than the length of the track. You should try it some time. Who knows, maybe you'll even learn something :)

That's exactly what it does since he chooses to do it in falsetto instead.

And don't worry, analysing a song doesn't take longer than the length of the track. You should try it some time. Who knows, maybe you'll even learn something :)

Changing the vowel sound doesn't necessarily mean singing it in falsetto though does it?

Changing the vowel sound doesn't necessarily mean singing it in falsetto though does it?

You're missing the point.

The way he does it live is much harder, therefore he chooses to do it in falsetto instead.

Instead of just changing to the correct vowel.

You're missing the point.

The way he does it live is much harder, therefore he chooses to do it in falsetto instead.

Instead of just changing to the correct vowel.

Aaah gotcha. Thought you meant he was doing in chest but changing the vowel sound to make it harder for himself. Meh, Bellamy logic.

Oh, and the vowel in the studio is incorrect ;)

The question is already answered(and not with guesses)

We've moved on ;)

Sorry I went back a few pages to catch up :/

And mentally gone through those songs in my head and yeh feeling good at the end does go higher and futurism..I have never heard of crazy days :O

Sorry I went back a few pages to catch up :/

And mentally gone through those songs in my head and yeh feeling good at the end does go higher and futurism..I have never heard of crazy days :O

Crazy Days is a demo version of Yes Please (I swear he says "Fuck yeah" instead "But I can" at the end of the chorus :chuckle:)

Must admit, Futurism has always staggered me with the vocals in the chorus.

Archived