• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yep! Spent our first night there last night, and I love it. It's bigger and more comfortable, it's in a quieter street and it's closer to the city. And only $10 a week more for each of us. Perfect. :happy:

Sounds awesome!

I don't suppose there are any screenings of the Muse movie in NZ? It's already enough that they didn't end up doing a show here:$

Rialto in New Market was playing it. I didn't see though until the last (or maybe the only) weekend it was playing and I couldn't go.

I enjoyed the dvd though. It made me want to go see them in Sydney. Luckily I didn't go though as I had a bad cold at the time.

Yay for BDO tomorrow. Not quite as exciting without Blur, but should still be fun :)

Sounds awesome!

Rialto in New Market was playing it. I didn't see though until the last (or maybe the only) weekend it was playing and I couldn't go.

I enjoyed the dvd though. It made me want to go see them in Sydney. Luckily I didn't go though as I had a bad cold at the time.

Yay for BDO tomorrow. Not quite as exciting without Blur, but should still be fun :)

Yea I found out it was playing at Rialto but i was in Sydney that weekend which was a month before Muse was due to play there, which is all terribly ironic.

Reasonably excited for BDO, mainly for Tame Impala and Arcade Fire but i hope to be impressed by some other bands.

Have an awesome time at the BDO, guys! Weather's a bit dodge at the moment, but forecast says it'll improve. Fingers crossed. :)

Sorry for not doing my part to keep this thread alive! Have to say Muse have faded a bit in my estimations lately, and I haven't listened to them in a while. :(

The fact that they don't bother coming here any more, while The Veils had tears in their eyes at their gig here last week when they were talking about how much it meant to them to play in their home town, has played a part in that. NZ and Auckland pride to the fore for me, I guess. Plus The Veils' live show is jaw-droppingly amazing.

The same sort of thing happened to me with not listening to Muse and being disappointed in them for not coming. But after watching the latest DVD, which my dad actually wanted to put on, the Muse feelings came back. It was a brilliant concert. I started listening to them again and even looked at tickets left and flights to Sydney :LOL:

I will mostly be at the main stage at BDO this afternoon for The Naked and Famous, The Hives and Arcade Fire. Hopefully other bands in between will be entertaining enough. Would have been great if The Phoenix Foundation were on the main stage too, but oh well.

How was Arcade Fire Michelle? Was considering to go see them here but at £45 I just can't justify it. I would only probably pay £30+ for The National. Actually considering flying to Dublin to see them the weekend before my 30th birthday.

Is this the first BDO you've missed Richard?

Pretty much, yeah! I didn't go in 2005 after going to my first one in 2004, but went to every other one after that.

I was considering it, but the lineup just didn't quite excite me enough. And then I didn't really feel like it anyway after a sad week at our flat. But once I started hearing such favourable reviews for the venue I did start to almost wish I was there! Maybe next year.

But I still think Veils gave me more for my $35 the week before than I would have got from BDO for $180!

Arcade Fire were great as usual. Songs from the new album sounded awesome, I admittedly hadn't listened to the new album much before the gig but now I can't stop listening. The masks were interesting, one of the did some guitar bashing :LOL:. No climbing up on things though like at their last BDO performance. I was happy they played power out but it sounded different with the different drums.

The Hives were unexpectedly awesome too. Such good energy and crowd interaction. They really put effort into connecting with the audience (and country specific).

Just those two performances made me a very happy customer :happy:

The layout in Western Springs was pretty good too. A lot less walking and less crowds to get through. Audience was good too, not too rough. I was second row for hives and first for AF, only got two tiny bruises. Some of the security were hard on letting bags in the D barrier though, so I didn't get in there for The Naked and Famous. But I saw other girls in there with bags so later on I just marched in and no problems.

• 1 month later...

Anyone here go to Westfest the other week? Went to the first night with my flatmate. Rob Zombie was amazing! Just such a brilliant performance. Eagles of Death Metal were fun. Megadeth aren't really my thing, so didn't enjoy them so much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't go to Westfest. I imagine it would have been fun with a group of people, but not really up my alley. My sister is more into heavy rock, not sure if she went either though, the stuff she listens to is probably even heavier than those bands :erm:

I've just been working on my research. Still a bit burnt out from the intense field season (7 months :stunned:) and my research proposal. Now I'm trying to process all my recordings.

How have you been Kat? I'm up for a get together anytime :)

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't go to Westfest. I imagine it would have been fun with a group of people, but not really up my alley. My sister is more into heavy rock, not sure if she went either though, the stuff she listens to is probably even heavier than those bands :erm:

I've just been working on my research. Still a bit burnt out from the intense field season (7 months :stunned:) and my research proposal. Now I'm trying to process all my recordings.

How have you been Kat? I'm up for a get together anytime :)

a

Yeah I think West fest would have been fun but not enough to buy a ticket!

Wow seven months that sounds super intense! Was it awesome though?

I've just come back from Queenstown, amazing place! Never been to the south island before ( disgraceful I know) it was so beautiful!

Just recovering from an operation but would be keen to meet up in few weeks if people are keen.

Hey all! I am eating the most fatty, calorific cookies heheheh... How is everyone?

Sounds fab!! Went to the cookie time place in Queenstown, omg so good! Those are the cookies of my tuckshop childhood treat! Yum!

Sounds fab!! Went to the cookie time place in Queenstown, omg so good! Those are the cookies of my tuckshop childhood treat! Yum!

Have you have the 'Chocolate Bar' product from Cookie Time? It's a cookie but with twice the chocolate. They're the best, never go back to regular Cookie Time afterwards!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...