Not so much Wellington itself- I'd just hate to be away from family and friends for a whole year. I'd get really lonely and probably become even more addicted to the internet than I already am, aha. Yeah, I'd hate the idea of missing out on all the developments with my friends and stuff.

I understand that. I'm reasonably close to home here, others are closer, but some are much further away. I've only been home during the actual semester break, but it's good to have the option if I need to, without paying up to $100 for a flight home. It's one of the main reasons I didn't end up going to Otago.

Is Labour going to come up with any credible policies this year or will they do the whole "attack the opposition" which obviously worked so well last election?

It really looks like they aren't even trying. :indiff:

What makes things worse is when National try and sugar coat everything, by saying things like "People will have the opportunity to decide whether a responsible approach to balancing the books and building growth is one they want to support".

Is Labour going to come up with any credible policies this year or will they do the whole "attack the opposition" which obviously worked so well last election?

Yeah.

There was plenty to criticise in Key's speech yesterday - for instance, why is he going to put up the minimum employer and personal contributions to KiwiSaver just two years after he so proudly halved them in 2009?

It's nearly certain I'm going over to Exeter next year now... It's quite scary to think that this time 8 months I'll be in the UK :stunned:

Looks like we'll end up having our next kiwi muser meet...in England?

Just leaving this here:

JohnKey.png

So it's my big party tomorrow. A bit nervous! The problem with being the host is your priority is making sure all the guests have a good time, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to properly relax and celebrate.

So it's my big party tomorrow. A bit nervous! The problem with being the host is your priority is making sure all the guests have a good time, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to properly relax and celebrate.

Or throw a party as if you were in The Sims, tell everyone else to bring the food while you're asleep in bed :awesome:

That's extraordinary. Those glasses.

If you like those glasses, check these out.

bubbles256.jpg

By the looks of it, possibly :LOL: you two are over there, I'm going over, Richard's going over, Kitty has plans to go over... :chuckle:

Aww, I wanna join too.

Just drink plenty and you'll entertain us all :D

Yeah it was. Not sure if I'll do it again this year. My two closest friends who just started getting to know each other last year ended up having a fight on new years eve, so there is no friendship there now. So organising a party would be too awkward.

I haven't calculated how much I've done versus how much is left lately. The ideal plan is to be finished around the end of the month so I then have three months for writing. I don't see that happening but I'm going to try.